~June 27, 2009 Western, anyone?~

I've just finished reading like the last page or page and a half of updates and was cracking up :lmao: ...you guys are a riot! I can't wait to meet everyone at the Goofy pool at 3 on Saturday. The Starboard side of the ship is the right side as you're looking forward (terminal side). I'm sure we'll meet a lot of you in the terminal prior to boarding. :thumbsup2 Mom2...thanks for all the great pictures!! :)

Mike

I've just finished reading like the last page or page and a half of updates and was cracking up :lmao: ...you guys are a riot!
Mike

Hi Mike - this is NOTHIN' !!! Wait until you get a few drinks in us (and those drinks mix with all the meds I'm on for this headcold) ... and in the adult nightclubs with some other silliness going on around us. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

:thumbsup2

(I kept saying to my friends back home, "what if they don't LIKE me???" And they would do this: :rolleyes: )

Mary
I think I lied about the shoes. I'm up to 3 pair dress sandals, 3 pair flip-flops, and 1 pair of sneakers. I hate this, I can spend a week in Mexico with 1 pair of each (usually throw in an extra pair of flip flops in case the other ones break). I'm blaming it on the DD's. I need to wear something that will go with their formal and semi-formal dresses, and I DON"T do pink!!!

Mary
I think I lied about the shoes. I'm up to 3 pair dress sandals, 3 pair flip-flops, and 1 pair of sneakers. I hate this, I can spend a week in Mexico with 1 pair of each (usually throw in an extra pair of flip flops in case the other ones break). I'm blaming it on the DD's. I need to wear something that will go with their formal and semi-formal dresses, and I DON"T do pink!!!

I just KNEW you all would come around. ;) But I no longer do that match-the-family's-outfits thing ... although I admit I used to when the kids were little. You are going to look really, really great!!

Well, school is finally out for the summer! Free, free at last!!! :cheer2::cheer2: :dance3::dance3: Now, all we have to do is get everything in the suitcases tonight. Got the prescriptions, the glasses were finished in time, the pedicure is done,and the lawn is almost mowed. This time tomorrow, we'll be at the airport. I thought it would never get here! Shoes, I don't even want to talk about shoes, no matter how many I take, I always get there and wish I had brought a different pair.

Can wait to meet up with everyone!

PB070075.jpg
[/IMG]

From the buffet on Pirate night. Doesn't it look like chocolate?

Hi Mike - this is NOTHIN' !!! Wait until you get a few drinks in us (and those drinks mix with all the meds I'm on for this headcold) ... and in the adult nightclubs with some other silliness going on around us. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

:thumbsup2

(I kept saying to my friends back home, "what if they don't LIKE me???" And they would do this: :rolleyes: )

DS finds this whole DIS thing disturbingly amusing... Finished packing while listening to Larry King talk about Michael Jackson. Chris made me feel old when he asked who Farrah Fawcett was....

Believe it or not I have room in my suitcase but we are still taking a suitcase for shoes. Let's see I have
formal
semi formal
2 pairs of Tevas
Tennis shoes

As far as matching outfits... I tried to get them to "coordinate" for embarkation but it's a no go... dang!

And now to finish some last minute magnets... see y'all around...
must remember ribbons, must remember ribbons, now what did I do with them???

Coordinating Embarkation??? Only if we stop at DTD and find something at WOD. DS refuses to look like mom & dad. DH & I out grew our last outfits.

CHRIS PACKED!!!! :cheer2: Mopped the kitchen and washed his bedsheets! :eek: He wants something? :rolleyes1 Needs to rub off on others.

Work was a riot. Had to tell the new doc, where I was going and he could not hog the charts today of all days. I was not going to work late or come in in the morning to finish. :scared: He looked shocked that A: I talked to him like that and B: how can she afford to travel to those places. :laughing:
I pray I don't spend a day cleaning my lab and putting my office back together when I return. :confused3

Well gotta get back to it! :laundy:

Suitcases are packed, boarding passes are printed. All we have left to do is the carry ons- not bad for 8:45 pm the night before. Now I just have to find the locks for the luggage!

Just pinned my ribbon to my Disney tote bag (Mother's Day gift before our last Disney cruise 5 years ago) that holds 9 photos of us. There is no way you will miss us. I'm going to post one last pic if my scanner will work. It shows how much fun hanging out in the terminal for hours with a 3 year old was.

Funintheterminal.jpg
[/IMG]

At least I could still force a smile. And to think we had considered bringing our eight month old along.

mom2m2j, what a picture, typical kid!

Well, I'm down to the waiting - waiting for Walt to get home, waiting to put the last few things in the carry on and waiting to go to the airport. Can't believe the day has finally arrived! Here's my last picture - see you all tomorrow!!
:dance3:
Sue

DSC05721.jpg
[/IMG]

Sue - if you're still out there ... have a safe, safe trip and we'll see you tomorrow!!! :)

Well, we've made it past the first leg. Met Karen and her girls this afternoon. Looking forward to meeting the rest of you tomorrow. Safe travels!

Made it to Cocoa Beach in 8 1/2 hours. Met Karen and family at the pool. Waiting to get the shuttle. See everyone soon!!!

We made it home around 6PM. We had a great cruise. Now I just need a week without the kids to relax. Maybe in Nov. Thanks to everyone who participated in the FE gift exchange. It was soo much fun, and great to meet ya'll. We really enjoyed all the goodies on our drive home. You kept us feed and entertained the entire trip. It was a close call with the bag containing the gifts. As we were standing in line for the shuttle we realized that we didn't have it.:scared1: Rob had to go back and find it, then we left it on the shuttle at the hotel. We were about 10 minutes away when we figured that out. Called the hotel and returned to get it. We never travel with a small duffel bag, now I know why!!

Hope everyone has a safe trip home!!!

:laundy::laundy::laundy::laundy::laundy:

Hey Everyone!!! We got home last night around 5 or so. We had an awesome cruise! We loved meeting everyone too...Mary/Ed, Newt/Karen, Rosie, and everyones kids!! I forgot some of the other names because we only spoke once or twice....sorry:confused3. We saw Mom2m2j (Michelle?) at the Radisson but you were going inside from the pool. We didn't seem to see ya after that! Anyway...pictures to follow...along with stories....:thumbsup2.

Hi everyone!! Took all day but we made it home yesterday evening. Glad to hear from many of you, and it sure was fun to meet you.

We rebooked for June 27 of next year - only 5 night cruise but it's better than not cruising. Our dinner tablemates booked with us!! We all had a great time together.

I think I'm on my 57th load of laundery ... ugh!

Good luck getting back to reality - if you're like me, you'll be starting back to work tomorrow which means weeding through hundreds of e-mail messages. :scared1:

Hi All!!

We had the best time of our lives on the cruise and we are sorry that we missed out on meeting some of you. We had a great time being involved in the fish extender really enjoyed munching goodies on our long day of flights yesterday. We will look forward to going through all the rest of the great gifts this evening. Lots of thoughtful and creative people out there.

We made it home after 1am this morning. Flight from Toronto to home was interesting. We had thunder, lightening and fog which meant we didn't see the runway until we felt the "Bang" of the wheels hitting down. We drove home in the worst rain and lightening and finally hit the beds after 2:30am this morning. Picked up our baby "Haley the Wheaten" at nine this morning, got her brushed out and bathed and now the fun stuff. Bill has been cutting very long grass and I have been dealing with nine suitcases. Yuck!!

The good news is that we too booked the June 27th -5 day cruise for next year and told the boys as they were getting into beds with long sad faces our last night. Something to look forward to. Guess we will meet again Mary and hopefully we can sit and have a real chat this time. I felt as though we were just passing ships in the night!!!

Anyway the washer is calling my name again.

Cheers for now
Joan

Hi guys!
More on our flight later.... just wanted to tell you that the KRANKY's in your fish extenders were basically chocolate covered corn flakes. I meant to leave a note but I sent Chris and Taryn to do that delivery...
It was fun to meet some of you, sorry I didn't make the meet on Key West day but I ended up at a talk on "healthy eating habits" that has made me seriously consider swearing off drinking diet sodas....

And now for the 58th load of laundry (after Mary's 57th...)

Toodles...

We didn't rebook, captain Tom tried to talk me into all the benefits of the Baltic Cruise but with Chris going to College.... not gonna happen....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter