June hours?

chapie1968

DIS Veteran
I know they won't be updated until 2nd week of may, but is there a decent chance park hours will be extended for June(12-19) going by past years?

My daughter and I were really hoping for one of those late night EMH at MK until 1 or 2 am when the park empties out.

Ah yes the good ole days when you could be sitting in a sparsely populated hub at 1:47am listening to the music, taking in the surroundings, and thinking ...man, I love this place :goodvibes We're going to be there at the same time in June. A 2AM would be great! I haven't seen one the past few years in early June that I can remember, but fingers crossed :hyper:

I will be there June 9-19 with park days June 10-18 too! I'm hoping that the hours will be extended as well!

Take a gander at the hours now. We will be there from May 29-June 8 and our June MK day has already been extended. Originally it was opened from 9am - 10pm, now it is open from 8am - midnight (regular park opening, no EMH). I too love the days when MK is open until 2am, we have even been there where EMH was until 3am. It always feels like the park was opened just for us. I am still checking for our other park days to see if EHM will be added.

Take a gander at the hours now. We will be there from May 29-June 8 and our June MK day has already been extended. Originally it was opened from 9am - 10pm, now it is open from 8am - midnight (regular park opening, no EMH). I too love the days when MK is open until 2am, we have even been there where EMH was until 3am. It always feels like the park was opened just for us. I am still checking for our other park days to see if EHM will be added.

Where do you see this? Nevermind. Found it. Is it June 1st?

Ah! We will be there about the same days, June 2-9. Already planning my sleep in day for the day after. I love being at MK late like that!

I am waiting too for extended hours in June. We are celebrating son's high school graduation. Late nights in June are fantastic especially when everyone in traveling party are adults.

I know they won't be updated until 2nd week of may, but is there a decent chance park hours will be extended for June(12-19) going by past years?

My daughter and I were really hoping for one of those late night EMH at MK until 1 or 2 am when the park empties out.

I was there last June and am going again this June. Last year on the Wednesday when we are in the parks, there was a 1 am close with evening extra magic hours in MK. I'd expect something similar this year.

https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/crowd-calendar/date/2018-06-06

Oooo! I'm already excited about being in MK until midnight for EMH. 1am is even more exciting! *fingers crossed!*

We will be there about the same time June 12-21st. With the new DAH dates announced, I am worried that the park hours will not be extended.

Hope they will!

We go in June every year. Usually some nights will close at 10, some 11. Not many midnights anymore, though June 1 did surprise me. Also some 8am openings. Look for hours to be extended on the second Friday of May.

But isn't the DAH only on Thursday nights? So that would be the only night where you wouldn't see extended hours....hopefully. Let's cross our fingers!
Yes, only on Thursdays so it shouldn’t effect other days.

We go in June every year. Usually some nights will close at 10, some 11. Not many midnights anymore, though June 1 did surprise me. Also some 8am openings. Look for hours to be extended on the second Friday of May.

I checked the park hours from last June. MK closed at 10 pm 4 times, 11 pm 20 times and midnight 6 times. EMH was until 1 am each Wednesday night.

We were there the first week of the month last year and the park closed at 11, midnight or 1 am each night.

And don't go by the DIS historical hours page on WDWInfo.com. That page was never updated after the original hours were released.

I checked the park hours from last June. MK closed at 10 pm 4 times, 11 pm 20 times and midnight 6 times. EMH was until 1 am each Wednesday night.

We were there the first week of the month last year and the park closed at 11, midnight or 1 am each night.

And don't go by the DIS historical hours page on WDWInfo.com. That page was never updated after the original hours were released.
Like I said...not many midnights (6 in 30 days is 1/5). And I never count EMH in the regular hours because they are EMH. Some at 10, some at 11. It seems like we are saying the same thing. :confused3

Also this year, Thursdays will probably close at 10 because of DAH.

Look for hours to be extended on the second Friday of May.

Is the general rule of thumb the second Friday of the month prior? And is that all parks?

I'm going July 18-21, so I should be looking around the second Friday in June for hour changes?

Is the general rule of thumb the second Friday of the month prior? And is that all parks?

I'm going July 18-21, so I should be looking around the second Friday in June for hour changes?

Yeah, it’s a pretty consistent pattern, although there have been times where it’s the third Friday of the month (like when the first Friday falls in the first few days of the month).

The update usually covers the whole month and into a day or few days into the next month.

Most changes happen at MK as that’s the park they had the most variation/least stability in day to day hours. Changes (if any) are more sporadic for DAK and DHS, but they can happen (especially DAK of late). Epcot hours never really change.

Of course, hours can change even after that/at any time too, but this month before update pretty much sets the tone for the month, so to speak.

Hope that helps.

Yeah, it’s a pretty consistent pattern, although there have been times where it’s the third Friday of the month (like when the first Friday falls in the first few days of the month).

The update usually covers the whole month and into a day or few days into the next month.

Most changes happen at MK as that’s the park they had the most variation/least stability in day to day hours. Changes (if any) are more sporadic for DAK and DHS, but they can happen (especially DAK of late). Epcot hours never really change.

Of course, hours can change even after that/at any time too, but this month before update pretty much sets the tone for the month, so to speak.

Hope that helps.

Thanks!

Like I said...not many midnights (6 in 30 days is 1/5). And I never count EMH in the regular hours because they are EMH. Some at 10, some at 11. It seems like we are saying the same thing.

EMH was pretty consistent last summer 11 pm to 1 am Wednesday evenings from late May through mid August.

I didn’t see any that started at 10.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter