June or August?

laughinplace199

<font color=blue>AKA Shrimpo or Flamingo Legs<br><
I'm starting to plan a little early - I'm sure many of you understand - for next summer.

We will be doing probably 2 nights at Universal and 6 nights at WDW. Due to kids' schedules, we will have to go either mid-June or mid-August. I know it will be hot and humid (we've been in Aug before but not June) and we're ok with the weather.

Any reason to choose June over August or vice versa?

If your family are Harry Potter fans, the new ride at IoA is supposed to open next summer. I would probably wait until August to make sure not to miss it in case it’s not ready in June.

I’d do mid August since you say that the weather is not an issue for you. Local kids will likely be back in school by then (this year they start school August 13, as a reference).

Better crowds in mid August than mid June (probably lower room rates too). August heat & humidity doesn’t bother me as much as June simply because I had all summer at home to adjust.

I would compare park hours tho. I suspect parks will be open later in June to go with those bigger crowds.

Thanks everyone! I had forgotten about the new HP ride and that will definitely be important to the kids.

Agreed, both are miserably hot and humid. August the crowds usually start to die down some, especially towards the later half of the month, however, the parks will also have shorter hours, so kind of a trade off there.

Either is probably fine. August can be a little less crowded because many schools return in mid-August. But you still have families there with younger children. I think the weather is about the same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter