Just back-5 things I loved-5 things I'd change...

dkis4nu

Mouseketeer
Fist time cruiser just back from Febr 27 Wonder. We are not fun and sun people, but we are Disney people, so we were concerned about how we'd like it. Unfortunately,(for our budget!) we loved it! Had a cat 11 room, bumped up to cat 8, handicapped (why, we don't know) end room with porthole. Big and fabulous! Room 6500 forward with a porthole-(we put our Lumiere plush in it)really enjoyed it. Easy access to everywhere we wanted to go.

5 Disney touches we loved:
1)room decor(nautical lamps, steamer trunk closet, Walt & Lily pictures- 2)Route 66 carpet-
3)Cadillac Lounge & the piano player- 4)Mickey hands on the elevator floor numbers-
5)entertainment(Max Winfrey Show, Segway

5 things we'd like to see changed:
1)put a DCL shop in the terminal, so we can shop before we enter-
2)Shops on board not open long enough(I know-rules, rules!)
3)Change the way they do Palo reservations-ridiculous!
4)change the Hercules show
5)Shutters prices-ouch!!

Anyone else with their top 5 likes and dislikes?

dk

I just wanted to say welcome home and thanks for your post. I'm looking forward to our first Disney cruise and I really enjoy reading everything people have to say.

My wife and I were just talking about this! We love the DCL. If there was one thing we could change, it would be that there was a little more privacy for the adults only pool on board. The little computer printed signs just don't cut it, as people never read signs. :( A gate or something would be nice. There are always kids walking by the area, and many times, they jump in. It is true that they are usually told to come out within a minute, but I find it a little annoying.

Besides that, DCL has it down pretty well!

Ryan

Great post, and welcome to the Dis!
I think my list of likes would be too long so, just assume almost everything. ;)
The changes Id like to see...
-Tables for 2 in the main dining rooms
-Being able to prebook Palo & the spa
-I never thought of it, but I like your idea of a gift shop in the port.

One to the touches I really liked was when we left CC. At least a dozen CMs lined the dock as the ship pulled away and waved goodbye with Mickey hands!

There was also one lone CM with Mickey hands waving goodbye from the second floor of the terminal when we left Port Canaveral.

Originally posted by markºoº
One to the touches I really liked was when we left CC. At least a dozen CMs lined the dock as the ship pulled away and waved goodbye with Mickey hands!

There was also one lone CM with Mickey hands waving goodbye from the second floor of the terminal when we left Port Canaveral.

Mark! I didn't see that - I will watch for it next time - what a thoughtful and fun thing!

Thanx for sharing

>>^..^<<

OK, here are 'my' 5 things I love, and 5 things I would change:

The 5 things I love:

1. The Oceaneer Lab for the kids.
2. The variety of activities on board (there is something for everyone).
3. The staff, they are wonderful!
4. The staterooms, we have only been in Cat. 11, and they are wonderful in our opinion.
5. The dining rooms, I love rotating dining rooms.

The 5 things I would change:

1. Make Pop (soda) part of the complimentary beverage selection. I know that this is industry standard to 'nickle and dime' people on pop, but Disney could take a 'lead' here and include pop at no extra costs.
2. Allow people to make spa and Palo reservations before the cruise.
3. Allow parents to register children for the Kids' Clubs before boarding, then have the 'beepers' waiting for them in their room (as long as all necessary paperwork was submitted ahead of time).
4. Have an ice machine available on each floor for guests to get thier own ice.
5. Have tables assigned by rooms, and only put people together when they request it. There should be tables for parties of 2 also for those traveling without kids who want to enjoy dinner alone.

Now I am talking about the Magic.
1 I agree buying a $35.00 cup for the soda is not right.
2 Do away with the dangerous games played at the adult pool
such as the belly flop contest in 4 foot of water
3 Do away with the scaveranger hunt by the adult pool.
Especially when the pick people who are sitting drinking at the bar.
I was almost trampled to death
4 I think at cast away cey they should make life preservers available to everyone this is a real liability.
5 Stay in the ports longer.
Otherwise I love the cruise.

Originally posted by markºoº

We loved that to. It made for an emotional departure, but at least I know we will be back!

Concierge guests can make Palo reservations prior to boarding. That's a HUGE perk of booking concierge, and I would be very upset if they began to offer it to everybody.

I would also love to be able to book Spa appointments in advance, again, this should be a concierge perk or concierge guests should continue to get first crack.

I'm not sure how true it is, but I have a friend who sailed RCCL as a concierge level guest, and she was told that concierge guests can actually "bump" other guests out of spa treatments and such. Once they're made, IMHO they should "stay" made, that system doesn't sound "right" to me...although I do feel that concierge guests should be given first crack. It's one of the perks they are paying for.

Anne

Nice post and nice idea of putting your five things you really enjoyed and also five things you would like to change. Good idea.

Even though I'm making trip #2 in 13 days, here is my .02 :

The little things I loved:

1- The days at sea
2- The towel animals
3- Disney Dreams (OK, not so little)
4- the two stores on board
5- laying in a tube at Castaway Cay and having the waiter come out to the water and bring me a Conch Cooler.

Ways to improve it

1- Strictly enforce "no seat saving"

2- More TV channels in the room

3- Figure out a way to enjoy the Mickey Pool without coming out of there with little black specks on you or blackened hands.

4- Regular Midnight buffet - REAL food, not just dessert

5- Me...Big. Potties - Not Big....it's a problem.

Originally posted by MickeyB426
3- Figure out a way to enjoy the Mickey Pool without coming out of there with little black specks on you or blackened hands.

What do you mean? I haven't had that happen.

5 things I loved:
1-remembering Barb and Tony's hints as I encountered things on the cruise
2- hearing my son sing in studio sea when I've never even heard him in church
3- my daughter's smile when she was chosen to be a contestant in studio sea
4-all the beatiful restaurants, meals, and waiters
5- the first sight of sunny Castaway Cay from my verandah
5 things I would change or things I disliked:
1-soda mugs
2-people talking LOUDLY in the hall late at night
3-shutters prices
4-I would like food as well as desserts at the midnight buffet
5-a shop before boarding would be great

Five Things I love:

1. The Adult Pool and the fact that they do try to keep kiddies out of it.

2. Palo. We just love that place.

3. Catagory 7 rooms. We adore the Navigator's Veranda.

4. We have never had a bad experience in three past cruises.

5. General attitude of the crew.

5 Things we are not so happy about:

1. More sea days on the Western. Sea days are the best days.

2. We wish they still gave tours of the bridge and Engine Room (although we do understand the security risk involved and why they don't.)

3. We want more activities for the wee babies since the Mickey Pool is out.

4. The whole Soda Mug thing. We agree that soda should be included, even if we have to pay a little more.

5. NO Tiggers. HOW can they NOT have Tiggers on board? That is a crime!

We were on the 3/2 Wonder and they did have food other than just dessert at the late night buffet. It was a separate line next to the dessert line. I can't tell you what was on it as I was only interested in the desserts :p but I remember it because I was surprised they had it when only dessert had been advertised.

Georgianne

5 things I loved..........

-ports of call, they were all wonderful
-entertainment for adults and kids (we haven't had that much fun in years while our kids were happy too)
-ship's ambiance (decor and coziness)
-days at sea
-entertainment staff esp. John, Sean, Ian, ..........they were extraordinary

5 things I'd change..........

-sorry I can't think of anything!!!;)

here are mine -

Things DCL should be proud of:

1) Kids clubs - the counselors are GREAT!

2) Palo...chocolate soufflé - superior service - fantastic view and food...my wife and I have 'special moments' at Palo.

3) Stateroom size/set-up. The split baths and storage are wonderful...much larger than other ships we've been on.

4) Dining room rotations

5) embarkation / debarkation process...best in the business

Opportunities for improvement:

1) pre-boarding Palo & spa reservations for non-concierge guests

2) learning restaurant rotation prior to embarkation
(allow me a moment on this - concierge level should receive certain perks...however, a certain percentage of appointment/rotations will still be available for others. Those limited options can only be secured when final payment is made. When they are gone...there gone. What a wonderful....Disney win - BANKING FINAL PAYMENTS SOONER!!! AGAIN, I just wanna get on the boat...find a frou-frou drink with a paper umbrella and start my vacation...not running around the boat to sign up for this/that).

3) make Castaway Cay more accessible during rough seas
(ok - I need another moment...we've been on DCL 3x and only been on the island ONCE. It was obvious Disney was not prepared for a 'plan B'...our fist miss - we went to Key West...second - an additional day at sea. Neither compare to Castaway Cay as DCL's 'pinnacle experience' - DCL should only miss CC in extreme conditions. Maybe we are expressing 'sour grapes'...2 misses make it difficult to plan future bookings).

4) enforce 'adults only' area - as well as, not allowing people to 'save lounge chairs' without using them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter