Just back - few observations

3darlings

DIS Veteran
We just returned from a 3 day stay at RPR. We had a good time but we were surprised how busy it was. RPR was at 41% capacity on Thurs and 50% (the limit right now) on Friday and Saturday. We all thought Universal has done a good job implementing COVID restrictions and didn't mind complying with them. Hagrids being down the whole time was a huge disappointment.

Crowds were heavier than expected on Thurs/Friday so we were very glad we had EP. The problem right now is the limited capacity on the rides/ shows due to the COVID restrictions. They are all running at less than 50% (more like a 1/3) so the lines get long if there are many people. Most of the time we were fine with EP but we did have to wait 30 min at Mummy. Everyone we saw was wearing a mask and we only saw a handful wearing them incorrectly. The masks of course are very hot but so many of the lines and rides are in air conditioning that it didnt seem too bad. We had a good time and felt very safe.

Today (Saturday) was a completely different story. It was a madhouse and stifling hot. Lots of people not wearing the masks correctly (or not at all) and social distancing seemed impossible. We were able to do a few rides with EP but the wait times in general were terrible. We went to get on Hogwarts Express at about 1 p.m. and the wait time was 105 min and they estimated the EP wait time to be 50 min. At that point we decided to leave. We didn't feel safe, lines were crazy, and it was stifling. Luckily today was just a bonus so we weren't too upset about it.

As a number of posters have indicated, the crowds seem to have returned. Universal really needs to limit the number admitted with the COVID restrictions in place. I highly recommend EP and would not suggestion going anywhere near Universal on the weekends.

Thanks for coming back and giving us your review.....

I`m sorry you experienced the negatives with the mask wearers or non wearers and crowds too. Been reading on a few sites how busy it`s been.

And sorry you missed hagrid`s too......you`ll have to go back...... ::yes::

Glad you managed to have a lovely trip overall though.....

This has me second guessing my thoughts to go over Columbus Day weekend in October. We have done Disney one weekend in July and are going back next weekend. Curious to see how much crowds have increased. Unfortunately with school and work long weekends are our only option - still better than nothing :)

This has me second guessing my thoughts to go over Columbus Day weekend in October. We have done Disney one weekend in July and are going back next weekend. Curious to see how much crowds have increased. Unfortunately with school and work long weekends are our only option - still better than nothing :)

I was thinking to go Columbus Day weekend as well. Seems like it could be a busy time.

For what it's worth, I've been going on Mondays for the past few weeks- the crowds are low and the waits are short. It's the perfect day of the week to go visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter