• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just back from 6 weeks at WDW

Disney_Princess83

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone!

We have just returned home from a 6 week Disney Blow Out Vacation. A stay at Kidani, a back to back on the Disney Dream and then 4 weeks at WDW.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to toss them out and I'll see if I can help you! We will be posting a trip report and review sometime this week.

Can't wait to read your trip report, with 6 weeks to report on, it should be multiple chapters popcorn:: How awesome this bucket list trip of a lifetime would be for most any Disney fan. I'll hopefully be able to embark on an amazing trip like this after retirement. Having the time to slow down, relax and take in ALL the details that Disney puts into everything they do would be thrilling.

Hi everyone!

We have just returned home from a 6 week Disney Blow Out Vacation. A stay at Kidani, a back to back on the Disney Dream and then 4 weeks at WDW.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to toss them out and I'll see if I can help you! We will be posting a trip report and review sometime this week.
A six week vacation? Wow.

I wish the US have an much holiday leave as other countries. Just swinging one week long vacation a year is stretch for most of us who haven't had time to accumulate tons of leave.

6 weeks is longer than some people get for maternity leave, let alone a Disney vacation. It's shameful, really.

6 weeks is longer than some people get for maternity leave, let alone a Disney vacation. It's shameful, really.
Most people can't be away from their jobs for that long, let alone afford it. (Speaking of vacation, not maternity leave).

Heck, my husband is an ER doc, ie. Independent Contractor. If he doesn't work he doesn't get paid. We're lucky to swing four nights a few times a year, lol. If he's not there they have to find another doc to fill in. Six weeks would be insane, can't imagine being away from my home for that long! Glad that you enjoyed it OP!

I wish the US have an much holiday leave as other countries. Just swinging one week long vacation a year is stretch for most of us who haven't had time to accumulate tons of leave.

Maybe when you're retired?

My mum will be spending almost two months in Eastern Europe this spring. Now, she's managed to turn it into a semi-working trip by arranging to lecture at some of the universities she'll be passing near, but that wasn't the original goal of the trip. It's just a nice bonus, which she'll enjoy very much, and allows her to write off some of the expense on her taxes.

And my husband and I are looking forward to trying some of the European walking holidays/pilgrimages when he retires in a few years. :)

(Edited because I hadn't read the trip report yet!)

Last edited:
I just clicked on your link to your Trip Report -

you're from Australia, and I wonder how the flight from Australia to the US is - do you have any tips? My son and his DW have moved to Melbourne, and I'd love to visit them...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter