• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just back from 6 weeks at WDW

FWIW, I think it sounds lovely. Two-ish weeks on board a cruise ship, and four weeks at Disney World. I'd love to spend that much time with my husband. We'd eat at different restaurants every night. Go on backstage tours. Nap in the afternoons. Listen to concerts. Hang out at the water parks. Never be in a rush to get anywhere. Decorate our resort room and get to know our mousekeeping really well. If we wanted to venture outside the Disney bubble, we could rent a car and go to the Kennedy Space Centre and Sea World and maybe even Discovery Cove and Gatorland and Medieval Times goodness knows what else.

Basically, I'd move in! And for four weeks, I could pretend this is where we live. I don't see myself getting bored at all.

My Dutch grandmother used to visit us for 6 week periods. It was no big deal to get that kind of vacation.

Such a long trip sounds intriguing but I'm not if I'd want to spend so much time in one place. It still sounds intriguing.

It might be a bit long for me.....BUUUUUTTT.....I would be willing to give it a go - for research purposes of course! Just need some way to pay for it! :teeth:

Moms in Canada get 1 year of maternity leave.

We're behind on a lot of things here in the US.

WOW!! Thats amazing can't wait to hear all about it!! How did you plan everything out? I am overwhelmed by one week worth of ADR and FP!!!!!

I've done 5 weeks (including a quick trip to New Orleans) before and usually do 3 or 4 and I can tell you...you don't get bored. Not. in. the. slightest. You know all those little things you'd love to do if only there was time? Well, you get to do them. Canoeing and horse riding at Fort wilderness, crazy golf, hay rides, drinking round the world (then a day by the pool to recover), backstage tours, trip around WDW on different types of transport, hunting for hidden Mickeys, eating lunch then dinner around the world (different days of course) not caring if you don't see a parade...you can see it tomorrow, people watching etc etc etc. Then of course there's the shopping! Never underestimate a UK woman + US shops. Coming from the UK (or Australia) has it's downside (we can never do a sneaky weekend) but our generous vacation days mean that we can come for longer...and we do.

Moms in Canada get 1 year of maternity leave.

We're behind on a lot of things here in the US.
Just to (maybe?) make you feel better, this isn't entirely correct.

It's actually 15 weeks of specific maternity leave in Canada (for mom). Then you can get an additional 35 weeks of parental leave (to be taken by either the mom or dad).

EDIT: ha! didn't actually comment on the vacation. My goodness, so jealous.

Yup the US and Canada are waayyyy behind Europe in terms of annual vacation.

OP I can't wait to read your report, sounds like a "Dream" ;) come true!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter