Justback

Thanks for your report! We'll be there shortly, and the weather seems like it could be what you experienced if the forecasts hold up. How did you guys dress? T-shirts and shorts or jeans? Hoodies at night? Did you need anything heavier? We're coming from NY and we're in the season where some days its flip flop weather and other days its parka weather. lol!

Definitely shorts and a jacket type of weather. My dh didn’t even bring a jacket towards the end of the trip because he wouldn’t end up wearing it at night anyway (mainly because he would get a work out from carrying a kid or 2 on the way back to the room). He wore shorts and short sleeves the whole trip. I sometimes would wear my jacket all day even in the afternoon heat (to protect my arms from being sunburnt and I made good use of the pockets). My kids did get chilly at night though even with their hoodies )their legs got cold). I started bringing a pair of leggings for dd6 to change into at night or to put on under her dress or skirt. And also some socks and tennis shoes if she was wearing sandals earlier in the day. So while the adults didn’t need anything heavier than a jacket, kids might if you have any that “run cold” like my dd in your group.

Have so much fun! I don’t remember the last time I was at Disneyland with the weather being this pleasant. I usually find myself WAY overpacking because I stalk the weather report leading up to our vacations. It was nice to finally nail it this trip!

No we didn’t in the moment. I’m curious to know how we would do that? I’ve always just assumed you had to go to city hall to report anything so as to not take away from our time together on vacation, I usually just write an email after the fact (which I’ve already done). But I’m not going to lie, I only seem to remember the names of the cms that were amazing and I’ve already sang their praises to Disney and got a response saying they will forward the recognition onto their leadership teams. And I mean, don’t get me wrong, it wasn’t a trip ruiner by any means, just was something I don’t remember seeing before and would love for Disney to polish up.
Even if you don't remember the names, it's enough to give whatever other details you can remember: date, time, location and ride/attraction, restaurant/shop, male/female, basic description -- hair color, length, style?, glasses?, height?, etc. The date, time, and location, plus a basic CM description should be enough information. The leads and managers will be able to trace the CM based on that.

Even if you don't remember the names, it's enough to give whatever other details you can remember: date, time, location and ride/attraction, restaurant/shop, male/female, basic description -- hair color, length, style?, glasses?, height?, etc. The date, time, and location, plus a basic CM description should be enough information. The leads and managers will be able to trace the CM based on that.

I sent an email with the date and time it happened and the description. I felt compelled to mention it to Disney even though I wasn’t directly involved because I am not certain the people who were reprimanded felt like they could say anything. I couldn’t bring myself to look back at them when it was happening because I didn’t want them to feel like we were mad at them, but they looked pretty solemn and embarrassed when they got off the ride. It was the first ride of the day and trip (for us at least) and if that would have been our very first time at Disney, it would have made for a terrible first impression. The grandparents obviously weren’t trying to be malicious and intentionally break the rules, it was an honest mistake (that I have been caught doing on the carousel once before). And who knows, maybe the reason they didn’t turn around when he was screaming at them during the ride was because there was a language barrier?

So while it’s much more fun to leave a glowing review of the positive encounters we had with cast members, I still wrote the not so fun email so hopefully it won’t happen again. We all have bad days and I’m willing to forgive and forget a lot of the behavior like the occasional bad attitude from both guests and cast members, so if it doesn’t directly involve me I will not feel inclined to say anything at all so thank you for encouraging me to speak up.

So while it’s much more fun to leave a glowing review of the positive encounters we had with cast members, I still wrote the not so fun email so hopefully it won’t happen again.
Yup. You did the right thing. It’s up to all guests to call out/report bad CM conduct on the rare occasions that it’s seen. The more it’s pointed out, the less likely it’ll be a problem in the future.

I’ve posted a few times about rude CMs. When a guest does something that needs to be addressed, that does not give CMs free rein to lose their minds and get nasty. Just like when a cop pulls over a speeder, they’re empowered to take certain steps. They’re not entitled to dispense justice as they see fit. Breaking the driver’s windshield, an arm, a nose.

I sent an email with the date and time it happened and the description...
I'm glad you did because it can make things better for everyone, guests & CMs & management, in the long run. It is possible that the CM in question had good instincts (safety first!), but a very big lack of professionalism in the heat of the moment. Some critical re-training can go a long way toward making him into a very good CM in the future. Constructive improvement is a big part of making and keeping the Disney standard high at DLR.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter