Just because we need another Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. I'm not even bothering with the teen board today

I won't even ask why.

Surprisingly I didn't spend as much as I was prepared to today, outside of the food and the coat. The money for the GPS stuff will be reimbursed eventually, and the books I had a giftcard/store credit for. Yay.

Not really a fan of the dashboard mounts, again because of where they are positioned. But hey, at least there are different options!

How has your day been?

I think it is probably different in my minivan. It can sit all the way across the van from me so I don't even have to look at it.

I couldn't hack that though. I need to have to look at it. That's why I have the GPS in the first place, lol. If I can't see it, I can't follow directions. For me it's about what section of my view it blocks.

I couldn't hack that though. I need to have to look at it. That's why I have the GPS in the first place, lol. If I can't see it, I can't follow directions. For me it's about what section of my view it blocks.

GPSy talks to me. In an annoying voice but she talks to me just the same.

:rotfl: Don't you love the voice? Gretel does as well, but the probem is that I still need the visual help or I'll get lost. I still can't guesstimate what the heck 40 feet is unless I'm seeing my car along the purple path or I need the arrow help on what lane I need to be in for the freeway.

I. Are. Directionally. Challenged.

We are making tamales today :) DH is cooking the meat right now, we'll be assembling them tonight. For the chicken ones we are using the DLR recipe that they posted on the Disney blog this month.

mmmmmm what time should I be there for dinner? LOL I :lovestruc Tamales!!!

:rotfl: Don't you love the voice? Gretel does as well, but the probem is that I still need the visual help or I'll get lost. I still can't guesstimate what the heck 40 feet is unless I'm seeing my car along the purple path or I need the arrow help on what lane I need to be in for the freeway.

Me too...we have a Garmin but it's in Micah's car, not mine. He's the one who needs directions in the mall but I need them on the street! ROFL!!!! Our Garmin is the Aussie voice, her name is Karen I think. Sometimes she pronouces things funny but it's fun to listen to her speak. :)

I hope everyone had a GREAT holiday weekend!! I did. :) It was super quiet around here, just the 4 of us hanging out at home. :) It was really nice.

Hello! I have been a stranger over the past couple of days!!

Hello there, stranger! Good to see you 'round these parts!

Me too...we have a Garmin but it's in Micah's car, not mine. He's the one who needs directions in the mall but I need them on the street! ROFL!!!! Our Garmin is the Aussie voice, her name is Karen I think. Sometimes she pronouces things funny but it's fun to listen to her speak. :)

I hope everyone had a GREAT holiday weekend!! I did. :) It was super quiet around here, just the 4 of us hanging out at home. :) It was really nice.

Is that the one that it's set to automatically? I haven't looked at changing the voice on mine as I've grown rather fond of her. My dad played with his and had some English woman as his for a while and that drove me up the wall. While my mother was using his GPS she switched it to the Aussie male. She loves it. I still prefer whatever Gretel was sent my way with, lol.

I cheat. I read the googlemaps directions before I ever leave. I have some what of a photographic memory so I am prepared for what she says.

Hello! I have been a stranger over the past couple of days!!

I am planning to move out of home with some friends and I AM making it to America for Thanksgiving, no excuses!

I have an Olympus, its my baby :lovestruc

Hi there!!

mmmmmm what time should I be there for dinner? LOL I :lovestruc Tamales!!!

It was quiet here but yes it was a pretty good weekend.

Hello there, stranger! Good to see you 'round these parts!

Is that the one that it's set to automatically? I haven't looked at changing the voice on mine as I've grown rather fond of her. My dad played with his and had some English woman as his for a while and that drove me up the wall. While my mother was using his GPS she switched it to the Aussie male. She loves it. I still prefer whatever Gretel was sent my way with, lol.

No we changed it, we changed a bunch of settings on it and then somehow it got all reset to factory specs, that sucked. We had downloaded the Black Pearl ship so instead of a car driving on the freeway it was the Black Pearl on the freeway! LOL It was hilarious!!! DBF figured out how to change the voice, we had fun playing with it for a while before we decided on Karen. :)

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii, guys c:

Hi!!!

I cheat. I read the googlemaps directions before I ever leave. I have some what of a photographic memory so I am prepared for what she says.

Photographic memory and me will never be uttered in the same sentence except this once.

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii, guys c:

Boo!

No we changed it, we changed a bunch of settings on it and then somehow it got all reset to factory specs, that sucked. We had downloaded the Black Pearl ship so instead of a car driving on the freeway it was the Black Pearl on the freeway! LOL It was hilarious!!! DBF figured out how to change the voice, we had fun playing with it for a while before we decided on Karen. :)

My sister found the Pearl! She wanted to add that to my dad's but he said no. I have yet to sit down and play with all that yet. Maybe some day. But I like the voice I've got now. She keeps me calm.

Photographic memory and me will never be uttered in the same sentence except this once.

Boo!

My sister found the Pearl! She wanted to add that to my dad's but he said no. I have yet to sit down and play with all that yet. Maybe some day. But I like the voice I've got now. She keeps me calm.

:rotfl:

Okay. I am better at numbers though. I used to work at a bank and I remembered peoples account numbers instead of their names.

I wish I could! I can barely keep track of my social, my team member number, my phone number, my license plate number ...

Matt & Sara -

250 pages is the magic number I was told of as being the thread page limit, which I told Jazz, so she is going by what I told her. And I have closed threads at or around that number before. (You remember...I started Part 2 of both the Halloween and Christmas threads because the first threads were nearing the page limit.) This thread just happened to reach the 250-page point much faster than other threads. I can double check that page number limit for you if it's a problem, which it shouldn't be.

I am fine with them starting a new thread if this one was nearing the limit, but for future reference and everyone's satisfaction I will confirm the exact page number limit because it would be good to know. I can always merge the two threads together if need be.

So, Jazz, et al. are trying to stick to that 250-page number by starting the new thread. Their new thread is supposed to replace this existing one, so it won't be like they are both active simultaneously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter