Just because we need another Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good evening everyone. I'm at my Moms in the mountains. I just missed a massive crowd. I love my family, but this house is very small and there were 28 people in it for 4 days. I'm soo gald I waited to visit for New Years instead of Christmas. One of my aunts is still here with her special friend and another aunt lives localy so I'll get to visit with her and her darling kids.

I resolve to lose at least 50lbs next year. I don't like being large. I have no problem with exersicing, it the food that gets me. I love good food.

I don't usually set "resolutions" but I do have a goal of losing weight next year as well. I lost about 20lbs this year with only cutting out Fast Food. I am hoping that by adding exercise (via the Wii) I can lose at least double that.

Well, if you're looking for a DSLR without breaking the bank I recommend the Nikon D40 which is what I got and I guess I talked Kathy (FlameGirl) into getting. We've both fallen in love with it.

About how much does that cost?

I need a new camera and would love a DSLR but can't really afford much. Trying to decide if I want to go with another P&S or upgrade to a DSLR. I am thinking a P&S though for the size consideration. I good camera while nice can be a pain to carry around.

About how much does that cost?

I need a new camera and would love a DSLR but can't really afford much. Trying to decide if I want to go with another P&S or upgrade to a DSLR. I am thinking a P&S though for the size consideration. I good camera while nice can be a pain to carry around.

My DSLR, the D40 was under $500 but I can't remember how much. Still pricey, but not anywhere near as much as the other models I was looking at (in a perfect world I would have gone straight for a Cannon Rebel I've grown very fond of Nikons since then).

And yes, SLRs can be cumbersome to carry around. Maybe I've grown used to it but it doesn't so much bother me. I remember back when I 'rented' the Cannon from my photography class and lugged that one around which is much heavier than the Nikon I'm currently using which is a smaller/compact SLR and lighter in comparison. But I can't imagine not carrying it around anymore. I just love having it with me. I'm looking into getting a smaller carrying case for it on top of the large camera bag that I already have which might make taking it around with me that much better!

I have one thing to say: I love after Christmas sales!!
OMG, it took all my willpower not to go crazy at the mall today. I had to go to Nordstrom, DH bought me Hunter wellies in patent grey - they are SO cute but wrong size. :( My size is out of stock but Nordies is shipping to me (free) in about a week :thumbsup2

Here's a photo I found on flickr:

3946585284_cd056b430e_z.jpg

They make these adorable socks that fit inside your boot and fold over. Functional and it changes the look of your boots. I think I might need to start a collection of those :rolleyes1

Anyway, I was good at the mall, and only bought a couple of things at Forever 21. A plaid shirt, a cardigan (grey with black hearts), a beret hat thing, and sparkly earrings. All things total: under $50. :thumbsup2 I was hoping this one would have more Minnie Muse stuff, but no luck there.

Those are adorable!! I keep forgetting to order the linings (socks) they make for rainboots but I never ever remember. Maybe I'll do that right now. Yeah, that would be good.

I had to use my gift card for the bookstore and it turned out I had $15 store credit to use so that was even better. And I finally found the correct mount for my GPS at Best Buy after searching high and low for it. I had to replace that and the car charger for Gretel since it all got tossed out when my car was stolen. I was pleasantly surprised at the checkout to find that they were both 20% off.

But my favorite purchase of the day (and hence why I love after Christmas sales) was a fleece coat I wanted from PacSun. Instead of $80 I was prepared to pay $40 since it was 50% off. Low and behold it was only $27!! Oh yeah. Made my day. The cashier was shocked too and totally wanted to go grab one for herself. It was awesome.

But my favorite purchase of the day (and hence why I love after Christmas sales) was a fleece coat I wanted from PacSun. Instead of $80 I was prepared to pay $40 since it was 50% off. Low and behold it was only $27!! Oh yeah. Made my day. The cashier was shocked too and totally wanted to go grab one for herself. It was awesome.
:banana:

Funny thing about our GPS. It's a Garmin and I got it for DH last Christmas from Costco. It works great but the suction mount thingie stopped working. The GPS kept falling every few minutes. DH wanted to take it back to Costco, but I googled it and apparently that's a really common problem! I followed some guy's tips - wipe the area it goes on to with rubbing alcohol to clean, and put the suction cup in hot water for a few minutes. Worked like a charm :thumbsup2

We are making tamales today :) DH is cooking the meat right now, we'll be assembling them tonight. For the chicken ones we are using the DLR recipe that they posted on the Disney blog this month.

Figures, there's some kind of care for everything. But very good to know. I'll have to file that away in the old noggin for later use as I'm sure it will come in handy. I can't stand the dash mounts though. I hate having to the right of the steering wheen because that's a lot of space I need to see to drive. It seems so less obtrusive in the lower left on the windshield itself.

Er, make that almost-afternoon!

Good afternoon!!

I have one thing to say: I love after Christmas sales!!

I have not gone to any!! I am a good girl!!

OMG, it took all my willpower not to go crazy at the mall today. I had to go to Nordstrom, DH bought me Hunter wellies in patent grey - they are SO cute but wrong size. :( My size is out of stock but Nordies is shipping to me (free) in about a week :thumbsup2

Here's a photo I found on flickr:

3946585284_cd056b430e_z.jpg

They make these adorable socks that fit inside your boot and fold over. Functional and it changes the look of your boots. I think I might need to start a collection of those :rolleyes1

Anyway, I was good at the mall, and only bought a couple of things at Forever 21. A plaid shirt, a cardigan (grey with black hearts), a beret hat thing, and sparkly earrings. All things total: under $50. :thumbsup2 I was hoping this one would have more Minnie Muse stuff, but no luck there.

Those are so cute!!

Those are adorable!! I keep forgetting to order the linings (socks) they make for rainboots but I never ever remember. Maybe I'll do that right now. Yeah, that would be good.

I had to use my gift card for the bookstore and it turned out I had $15 store credit to use so that was even better. And I finally found the correct mount for my GPS at Best Buy after searching high and low for it. I had to replace that and the car charger for Gretel since it all got tossed out when my car was stolen. I was pleasantly surprised at the checkout to find that they were both 20% off.

Sounds look like you did real well.

:banana:

Funny thing about our GPS. It's a Garmin and I got it for DH last Christmas from Costco. It works great but the suction mount thingie stopped working. The GPS kept falling every few minutes. DH wanted to take it back to Costco, but I googled it and apparently that's a really common problem! I followed some guy's tips - wipe the area it goes on to with rubbing alcohol to clean, and put the suction cup in hot water for a few minutes. Worked like a charm :thumbsup2

We have a Garmin GPS and instead of the suction cup we use this bean bag one that sits on the counter. We learned that we didn't like the others when we had portable Sirius.

We are making tamales today :) DH is cooking the meat right now, we'll be assembling them tonight. For the chicken ones we are using the DLR recipe that they posted on the Disney blog this month.

Oh that sounds so wonderful.

Surprisingly I didn't spend as much as I was prepared to today, outside of the food and the coat. The money for the GPS stuff will be reimbursed eventually, and the books I had a giftcard/store credit for. Yay.

Not really a fan of the dashboard mounts, again because of where they are positioned. But hey, at least there are different options!

How has your day been?

:lmao: Teenagers being teenagers? Hopefully we're not too boring on this side.

You can say that.... I feel like I'm way far above the maturity level of the average poster there.

You're not boring here :P I prefer it over here. I'm not ignored :D

;) Don't most teenagers, hence the problem when they are all locked together in a teen board?

:grouphug: But nope, no ignoring you here.

;) Don't most teenagers, hence the problem when they are all locked together in a teen board?

:grouphug: But nope, no ignoring you here.

I'd say a majority of the people over there act around the age of 13. It gets really annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter