~Just for Giggles~ New DCL Ship names???

Tink113

DIS Veteran
Anyone have any info for the names of the 2 new ships? I am hoping they have a contest or something and let people submit names! :cutie: Anyone care to offer up their ideas for names??? Wouldn't it be funny if we guessed it!:laughing: :laughing:

So far the have:
The Disney Magic :lovestruc
-and-
The Disney Wonder :love:

What will the nest two be???:surfweb:

I believe there was a "leak" a few months back, regarding the new ships' names, but I don't know all the details. The speculation I have heard is that Dreams & Wishes will be the two new names...but again, that hasn't come from DCL itself.

I have always thought that if there were ever more ships built that they would be called Dreams and Wishes. Those would be the perfect names.

I believe there was a "leak" a few months back, regarding the new ships' names, but I don't know all the details. The speculation I have heard is that Dreams & Wishes will be the two new names...but again, that hasn't come from DCL itself.

My DS7 sat and thought about what the new names could be this weekend. He is DCL obsessed, and had made a ship out of Lego, and wanted to name it. He came up with Wishes and Dreams, which is kind of funny. I promise I gave him no input! Fantasy was another one, but I don't think it made the shortlist.

He ended up calling his ship The Disney Dreams, or DD for short. He made us tickets and everything. DH had to pass his captain exam, set by DS7. I'm hoping that the real captains have to do more than a strange obstacle course in their family room!!

My Dh and I were joking arouns with it too and that is funny because I said Dreams and Wishes would just make sense!:rotfl:

Too funny! Dream was one of mine. The other was the Experience (ie. the Disney Experience). :yay:

My DS7 sat and thought about what the new names could be this weekend. He is DCL obsessed, and had made a ship out of Lego, and wanted to name it. He came up with Wishes and Dreams, which is kind of funny. I promise I gave him no input! Fantasy was another one, but I don't think it made the shortlist.

Why don't you post a picture of his lego ship. I would love to see it. My daughter is lego obsessed.

Dreams and Wishes. It's not official, just a leakage...an official leakage :thumbsup2

Dreams and Wishes are good guesses but we have to be able to think of more possibilities!

Here are some more names. What do you think?

Enchantment
Spirit
Royalty
Excitement
Vision
Adventure
Wanderer
Voyager
Mystery
Fantasy
Majesty
Thrill
Imagination

My DD18 and I were just discussing this tonight after watching DCL on the travel channel.
She came up with Disney "Dream" and I came up with Disney "Enchantment" - seems like a lot of us had the same names!!:goodvibes

I like the Disney Princess and the Disney Adventure
or
How about Micky and Minnie:rotfl2:

My DD18 and I were just discussing this tonight after watching DCL on the travel channel.
She came up with Disney "Dream" and I came up with Disney "Enchantment" - seems like a lot of us had the same names!!:goodvibes

I am just posting to say I like your name Melindarella. THat is my name too, minus the rella. But that is what some call me who tease me about being so addicted to disney.

Anyone have any info for the names of the 2 new ships? I am hoping they have a contest or something and let people submit names! :cutie: Anyone care to offer up their ideas for names??? Wouldn't it be funny if we guessed it!:laughing: :laughing:

So far the have:
The Disney Magic :lovestruc
-and-
The Disney Wonder :love:

What will the nest two be???:surfweb:

I'm still holding out hope for "The Hundred Acre Boat." Pooh would be the Captain, and Tigger would be the cruise director.

Okay, so I know it is NEVER going to happen, but I can dream, yes? :)

I had read somewhere a guess that I liked... Disney Hyperion and Disney Fantasia. Those are both unique and sound like the upscale line DCL tries to be! Dreams sounds like NCL's Dream... I hate that so many cruise lines have similar names on their ships now. I would think DCL would try to keep their branding very unique, while not sounding too kiddy. They'll need to draw on other travelers besides families with young kids to keep the new ships filled. I like Wishes.

Just guesses! I like Disney Adventure too, but I agree it's too similar to Adventures by Disney. Disney Enchantment is cool too- but sounds like Enchantment of the Seas.

My hubby and I were discussing this again and have decided Dreams is a definate. But not sure about wishes. I think if they go that route it will be Disney Wish. Why? now say all the anmes out loud and do wishes last. Makes you think you have a speach impediment. For little kids it would be all mumbled.

So I do not Wishes will be it. We thought Disney Journey might be a good one. I did read that thread but you never know this could be a marketing plan by Disney to keep people talking about it.

Here are some more possibilities

Pearl
Treasure
Jewel
Sparkle
Pixie
Belle
Beauty
Expedition
Tomorrow
Future
Zest
Castle
Creativity
Surprise
Memory

I think that Dream and Wish(es) are good names, and they may be the most likely. Those are words and concepts strongly associated with Disney. Maybe Disney might want to showcase other less obvious qualities. There are so many great possibilities! We will all be hearing and using the names a lot for years to come and Disney could take this opportunity to expand their image and not just go with what people automatically think of.

It's fun reading the answers and speculating. What about:

Neverland
Star
Twinkle
Kiss
Charm
Marvel

Or what about the "Walt" and the "Roy"? :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter