Just Killing Time Between Meals in the Happiest Place on Earth~Sept DR *COMPLETE

I too love the monkfish entrée at Jiko. :thumbsup2 Didn't discover it until my 4th visit there and now I am looking forward to having it again on my upcoming trip. I'm doing a one night stay at AKL just so I can do the Wanyama Safari there. This also includes a 4 course meal plus wine pairings at Jiko, served family-style to the tour group following the safari. I'm really hoping that the monkfish is one of the included entrees. If not, I might just have to be bold and make a special request for some. :laughing:

Too bad that you were denied parking and unable to visit the Boardwalk Bakery. :( I wonder if this might be due to the F & W festival going on at Epcot?? :confused3 Anyway, I'm glad that Sheldon was able to lessen the blow of not being able to satisfy your sweet tooth.

We went to ESPN club on 9/8 and met a friend. She parked at the Boardwalk resort with no problem. We walked her back to her car and she was in the lot to the left when you go out the front door. Maybe it depends who's working that night. That's a shame you couldn't park there.

Great update! I totally agree about the pool there, they could have laid it out better. Your meal at Jiko nice except for the hostess. We had a bad experience there four ago and my husband won't go back. If I ever go without him I'm definitely going to try it again.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Glad it's not just me with the whole pool layout thing!

That's a shame your bad experience there ruined it for your hubby. Sometimes it's hard to shake a bad experience. I'm usually willing to give most places a second chance. It just might take a long time in some cases. :laughing: Hopefully you get a chance to try it again. With or without him. I definitely have a whole list of places I would like to visit on a hubby free Disney trip. :thumbsup2

I too love the monkfish entrée at Jiko. :thumbsup2 Didn't discover it until my 4th visit there and now I am looking forward to having it again on my upcoming trip. I'm doing a one night stay at AKL just so I can do the Wanyama Safari there. This also includes a 4 course meal plus wine pairings at Jiko, served family-style to the tour group following the safari. I'm really hoping that the monkfish is one of the included entrees. If not, I might just have to be bold and make a special request for some. :laughing:

Too bad that you were denied parking and unable to visit the Boardwalk Bakery. :( I wonder if this might be due to the F & W festival going on at Epcot?? :confused3 Anyway, I'm glad that Sheldon was able to lessen the blow of not being able to satisfy your sweet tooth.

It looks like it took both of us way too long to discover the delicious monkfish! The Wanyama Safari sounds like so much fun. I hope you enjoy it!

They are so weird about the parking there. I think it may have been because it was a Saturday night. Not sure though. All I know is that I am so worried about parking situations at the hotels now that it makes me afraid to ever try to visit one without a DR. Such a shame. The few bad eggs trying to get out of paying for parking at the theme parks ruin it for the rest of us. :sad2:

We went to ESPN club on 9/8 and met a friend. She parked at the Boardwalk resort with no problem. We walked her back to her car and she was in the lot to the left when you go out the front door. Maybe it depends who's working that night. That's a shame you couldn't park there.

Glad to hear that your friend didn't have any issues with the parking situation! Like you said, it might depend on who is working that night. It also might depend on the day of the week. We went back again on another day during the week and had no issue whatsoever. Who knows. Seems to be a coin toss sometimes.

After a good night's sleep I woke up crazy early and couldn't fall back to sleep. I made myself some coffee and sat on the patio to enjoy my sunrise view.

Once Rob was awake we once again packed up our junk and loaded it in the car and then we went back inside the resort to enjoy breakfast at one of my favorite spots. Boma!

We had a really early reservation and it was pretty much empty when we arrived.

We were seated right away and then we placed our drink orders and hit up the buffet.

We returned with full plates and full cups of Jungle Juice.

I usually LOVE this juice and it was nasty this time. It was so watered down. Not sure why. May have just been a bad batch of it. It was gross though. I couldn't even drink the whole glass.

Now for the good stuff. Here is Rob's first plate.

He had scrambled eggs with goat cheese and spinach, french toast bread pudding with praline sauce, hand-carved breakfast ham with Boma mustard sauce, and hand-carved turkey.

He went with all of his favorite options and enjoyed it as usual. He even went back up later for more ham and turkey.

This is my one and only plate.

Ummm, can we get a close up on that one item please?

Oh yes, you are seeing that correctly. That is a Lion King waffle! Can you stand it? So cute!

I had a chocolate chip pancake, chocolate chip muffin, blueberry muffin, hand-carved ham and turkey, french toast bread pudding and of course the Lion King waffle. Everything was delicious, but I was BEYOND stuffed. I think it was a little too early in the morning for me to eat. I had this problem throughout the trip unfortunately.

We were in and out of here pretty quickly, which was fine with me because we were headed to AK for the day. I like to hit AK early to help avoid crowds and heat, but that didn't happen. So crowded and so hot this day. Plus, there are so many construction walls up over the entire park that it was making me seriously claustrophobic at times. This is your view of the park.

It was kind of a bummer. Although, we did get to see two kangaroos play fighting with each other, so it wasn't all bad. :laughing:

We did the safari, Everest and Dinosaur and that was it. The one walking trail was closed, ITTBAB was closed and I was in no mood for the carnival games, so we decided to call it a day extremely early and left so we could get settled into our room at BLT.

Overall, our one night at AKL was a success! It was so nice to be able to walk right downstairs for our dinner and breakfast reservation during our stay. Plus, I just love that resort and our view was spectacular. :love:

Now it is time for the trip to really begin! Bay Lake Tower, here we come! We're ready for you! The question is, are you ready for us? Find out next!

We made our way out of AK and drove over to BLT where we will be staying for 6 nights. I have been chomping at the bit to see what our view would be like. Last time we had a standard view and it was pretty lame, but this time we had a lake view and I was hoping for a little pixie dust and have at least a partial view of MK from our room. We arrived at BLT a little before noon and our room wasn't ready. I know check-in isn't until 4, but we never have an issue arriving early. I was a little bit bummed. I was hoping we would get a text 5 minutes later just like we did at AKL, but in the meantime we went out in search of something to do before our afternoon ADR.

We went over to the Contemporary to check out the Outer Rim lounge, but unfortunately it wasn't open. So, we jumped on the monorail and went over to Poly. Fortunately Tambu Lounge was open. We grabbed a beer and sat there and enjoyed the Redskins football game that they had on the tv in the lounge. Rob was happy he could keep up with this fantasy football action for a little while.

After a little while it was time to jump back on the monorail once again. It was time for the ADR I have been looking forward to forever! Tea Time!!!!

We got off the monorail at the Grand Floridian. Always a favorite location to spend time in. It is just absolutely beautiful.

The gentleman entertaining the lobby on the piano even played Let It Go. Much to the delight of everyone. He got a huge round of applause on that one.

Just off the lobby is the Garden View Lounge. Our tea time destination.

The flowers they had here were gorgeous.

Even the floor is awesome!

We had to wait about 10 minutes before we were seated. This is our view from our table.

It is very cozy in here.

Even though I had been obsessing over the menu online I took a look at it just to see if any really huge changes had been made to the menu during the recent refurb.

We decided on our selections and placed our order. I went with the Grand Tea and Rob chose the Prince Edward Tea.

For our tea selections I went with Pina Colada Rooibos. An exotic infusion of rooibos needles with the sweet touch of coconut and pineapple pieces. Rob chose the Mad Hatter's Tea Party. Medium-bodied Ceylon tea leaves scented with the essential oils of vanilla and natural fruits, including passion fruit and pomegranate.

We both loved our tea selections! I was unsure if mine might be a bit too odd of a flavor for a tea, but it was delicious and so fragrant. I wish I could drink this every single day.

Next came the good stuff. I had the Domaine Ste. Michelle Sparkling Wine and Rob had a glass of the Fonseca Bin 27 Character Port.

This really set things off on the perfect note. Fantastic start to the experience!

For our first course I had the selection of Tea Sandwiches.

These are a roasted tomato sandwich, cucumber and watercress with cream cheese sandwich, curry chicken sandwich, golden beet and goat cheese sandwich, egg salad sandwich, a duck pate, and an onion tart. I loved every single one of these. Absolutely delicious! I couldn't even begin to pick a favorite. I loved them all.

For his first course, Rob had the Assorted Pates and Cheeses. It was also served with yummy looking toast squares, which you can almost see in the bottom left of the photo.

For our second course we both got the Buttery Scone and Jam Tart served with Strawberry Jam, Devonshire Cream, and Lemon Curd.

The scones were very hot and buttery and pretty much heaven. I don't care for lemon, but I tried the lemon curd to be fair. Nope, still don't care for lemon. :laughing: The jam was okay with the scone, but the Devonshire cream was out of this world. Just give me that and leave the rest back in the kitchen next time. I loved the tart, but Rob wasn't crazy about it.

Rob's food was over, but I still had my third course coming to me. Out of my three selections I thought for sure I would chose the trifle, but that day it was a pineapple trifle. After just having a very pineappley tea I wasn't in the mood for more pineapple, so I chose the Strawberries and Cream.

So pretty and so tasty. It was a light and wonderful end to my tea time.

I loved tea time here! It was the highlight of the food for me this trip. Even Rob loved it. We liked it so much that we went to tea here at home after the trip. Rob surprised me with a tea time at a famous local hotel for an anniversary present. I'll share some photos in the next post. We will absolutely be doing this every trip from here on out!

Our only issue here was the service. Our server was AWFUL! She was snotty and downright rude! One time I was talking to her and she literally turned her back on me in mid-sentence and walked away. We were stunned. And it wasn't like she didn't hear me. She was just nasty. She ran down the names of the tea sandwiches so quickly that I had no idea what they were. When she came back to check on us I asked her very politely if she could tell me what they were again because I really liked them. You have never seen a person look so bothered to answer a question in your life. We were really taken aback. So much so that I asked the hostess to speak to a manager before we left. I didn't want anything, I just wanted to make the manager aware. This request was met with complete and utter ambivalence by the hostess. We ended up leaving before we even got to speak with anyone. Rob and I are both in customer service and I now train new hires in customer service at our company and we seriously have to just bring it every day at work. There is no room for error at our job. This has made us both extremely aware of customer service and very willing to speak to a manager in terms of both excellent and abysmal service. We know what a difference it makes to a company. With that being said, I was just beyond frustrated by our customer service experience here. However, we loved the food and it seemed like a few other servers around us were awesome, so we will in no way let this stop us from returning here in the future. :thumbsup2

After tea time we got back on the monorail to head back to BLT. We received a text during tea that our room was ready, but we would have to see the front desk for our room assignment. I was so anxious to get in our room and see if we managed to hit the jackpot this trip. We get our room assignments and get upstairs... and our MagicBands don't work. The scanner turned red. I was not happy. So, back downstairs we go. Fortunately the very friendly young man at the front desk fixed the issue and was extremely helpful and finally we got into our room. So what was the view like?

Ahhhhh!!!!! I was the happiest person in the happiest place on earth today! It was EXACTLY what I had hoped for. I pretty much didn't want to leave the balcony the entire trip.

Up next, the indecisive ADR dilemma.

So glad you wrote more! I love that Rob went to tea and then even liked it! I guarantee I couldn't get Todd to do that. I'm hoping he goes along with Tomorrowland dessert party!

I can't BELIEVE your server was so awful, and that they didn't do anything about it - that's ridiculous.

But YAY for an awesome view! I so wanted to rent DVC points for our April trip if we go or in September, but I don't think that'll happen.

I can't wait to hear about the rest of the trip!

Just as a little comparison for the Grand Floridian afternoon tea experience, I wanted to tell you all about another afternoon tea we were just apart of as well. I know this is a little off topic from Disney food, but I thought you all might enjoy it. :goodvibes

We recently went to the Hotel DuPont in Wilmington, Delaware to partake in their afternoon tea experience they offer. The hotel itself is spectacular. Click HERE to take a look at photos of the hotel on google images. It is seriously amazing. Pictures don't even do it justice.

We have been to a few weddings and parties here and I even went to senior prom here, but this was our first non-group outing here. Here we are outside of the hotel entrance.

Afternoon tea is offered every day in the Green Room.

The room is spectacular.

We both had their signature tea, Shangri-la, which is a black tea with hints of pineapple, kiwi, and plum.

We both also had a glass of Kir Royale.

First, they brought out a selection of tea sandwiches. There were two of each kind so that we could both try everything they had to offer.

The tea sandwiches were a shrimp salad, raspberry devonshire cream, truffled egg salad, cucumber, and a chicken and pecan salad. The raspberry and the chicken were Rob's favorites. The watercress and the chicken were my favorites.

Next was the real treat. The scone and pastry selection.

On the top were two large servings of devonshire cream. Then there were two types of scones, a treacle and a red currant. There were also two small jars of strawberry jam with them. On the bottom was a large selection of yummy pastries. An almond cookie, petit pecan diamond, blueberry almond financier are the ones I remember. The rest were all tasty, but I forget the names.

So, I will compare the two. Price wise they were similar. I paid $35 for the grand tea at GF. Here I paid $39. It was $29 each for the tea, tea sandwiches, scones and pastries and an extra $10 to add the cocktail.

Atmosphere was a toss up. I think Hotel DuPont is much more grand than GF, but GF has such a bright feel that definitely lends itself to tea time especially.

I enjoyed the tea sandwiches at GF so much more than Hotel DuPont. I wasn't particularly in love with any of them here at this hotel.

I found the tea to be equally as good in both locations. They were actually somewhat similar in flavor as well, which was a pleasant surprise.

Hotel DuPont takes it in the scone and pastry department hands down! My scones here were incredible. I loved the jam and devonshire cream mix here and I loved how much cream they give you. The pastries were all so flavorful and decadent. This aspect alone almost pushes me to favor Hotel DuPont.

If any of you ever find yourself in the Delaware area you should definitely make a point to stop here at Hotel DuPont. They have a lot of other great things to offer including a theater which runs various plays throughout the year. We plan on coming back here to see a performance of The Nutcracker this holiday season. And probably another stop in the Green Room for tea.

Okay, now back to Disney food!

Loving your review...we never tried the afternoon tea at the GF. Looks like a wonderful experience. Will have to add this to our must tries!

Gotta love a man that loves tea! My husband Mike loved the Prince Edward tea as well. Now that is a must do every trip. (except this trip we can't get a reservation.:(

Looking forward to more reviews.

I think we were eating @ Jiko at the same time as you if it was the 14. It is a small world after all.....

Jiko is one of our favorites too. Disney has so many amazing restaurants, but we find that Jiko truly has unique offerings that you'd be hard pressed to find elsewhere. Your flat bread looks amazing. I debated getting one for dinner and ultimately decided on something else. Which I'd seen this pic before I made that decision ; ) And your monkfish looks awesome too. Too bad the hubbys pork wasn't cooked to his liking. I don't typically send things back either, but tend to make an exception when I'm paying so much.

I can't believe they wouldn't let you park at Boardwalk. I remember your Poly story from last trip and though it was due to the construction. If you are staying on property you should be able to come and go as you please. And then your issues at AKL. Cray cray!!! Glad Sheldon was able to brighten you back up.

Your Boma breakfast looks great. I'm not typically a buffet fan and had no idea it was so similar to tusker house, which is the only buffet I actually enjoy. Will have to try Boma sometime.

I had no idea the GF tea had alcohol! Would love to do this with my daughter some day and the booze options just sweetens up the deal. So sorry about your horrible service though, I hope you sent an email when you got back. Thanks for the perspective from the Delaware hotel. While the offerings look similar, their presentation blew disney out of the water.

Thank you for sharing your pictures from afternoon tea. I have always wanted to try it with my DD. I have an adr booked for our upcoming trip and I'm so excited, especially since looking at your pictures.LOL. Can't wait to hear more :thumbsup2

The Afternoon Tea is something I've always wanted to do and your report has encouraged me more. Sorry your service was so bad though.

BTW, I totally agree with you about the bench seats. Seems like parties of 2 get stuck with some of the worst seating at WDW restaurants.

Looking forward to reading more...

I'm all caught up now - looks like a great start to the trip!

You've definitely got me missing Boma (that waffle!), Jiko, and AKL overall. It's also nice to see that construction at AK has kicked into high gear. I can't wait to see the nighttime show! :goodvibes

Sorry to hear about some of the service and parking issues, but at least you and Rob managed to feel the magic anyway. :thumbsup2

We have been to Coral Reef once. They had this amazing vegetable dish that is not there anymore. My son the sea food lover had the mahi mahi and loved it. The price oop is what has kept us from going back.

I so want to try the afternoon tea. I don't think my stomach can fit it in this next trip :lmao: between CL and the DP.

Loving your review...we never tried the afternoon tea at the GF. Looks like a wonderful experience. Will have to add this to our must tries!

It was so much fun! I would highly recommend trying it ASAP!

Gotta love a man that loves tea! My husband Mike loved the Prince Edward tea as well. Now that is a must do every trip. (except this trip we can't get a reservation.:(

Looking forward to more reviews.

:laughing: He got major brownie points for 2 afternoon teas in one month! All the women at work were super impressed that he was willing to go. He didn't think it was big deal at all and was surprised by the overwhelmingly positive response he was getting for going with me. Glad to hear your hubby enjoyed it as well. Too bad you are not able to get reservations this trip.

I think we were eating @ Jiko at the same time as you if it was the 14. It is a small world after all.....

Jiko is one of our favorites too. Disney has so many amazing restaurants, but we find that Jiko truly has unique offerings that you'd be hard pressed to find elsewhere. Your flat bread looks amazing. I debated getting one for dinner and ultimately decided on something else. Which I'd seen this pic before I made that decision ; ) And your monkfish looks awesome too. Too bad the hubbys pork wasn't cooked to his liking. I don't typically send things back either, but tend to make an exception when I'm paying so much.

I can't believe they wouldn't let you park at Boardwalk. I remember your Poly story from last trip and though it was due to the construction. If you are staying on property you should be able to come and go as you please. And then your issues at AKL. Cray cray!!! Glad Sheldon was able to brighten you back up.

Your Boma breakfast looks great. I'm not typically a buffet fan and had no idea it was so similar to tusker house, which is the only buffet I actually enjoy. Will have to try Boma sometime.

I had no idea the GF tea had alcohol! Would love to do this with my daughter some day and the booze options just sweetens up the deal. So sorry about your horrible service though, I hope you sent an email when you got back. Thanks for the perspective from the Delaware hotel. While the offerings look similar, their presentation blew disney out of the water.

That is too funny that we were at Jiko at the same time!

We love Jiko. You are right, they have very unique offerings. It's one of the view places in WDW that isn't afraid of flavor! I was extremely impressed with everything I ordered there. I can't wait to go back!

The parking situation is really starting to drive me crazy. They really need a more consistent parking rule in place.

If you like Tusker House than you would definitely enjoy Boma! There are no characters, but as long as you don't mind that it is better because it is nearly half the price!

You should definitely check out afternoon tea! The glass of sparkling wine really did add to the enjoyment. It was a perfect start to the tea. The presentation at our second afternoon tea really was superior. I do love the floral pattern on the cups and plates at GF though. The plain white at our second location was pretty boring. We might do tea again this weekend at a third location, so maybe I'll have another place to compare it with as well. :thumbsup2

Thank you for sharing your pictures from afternoon tea. I have always wanted to try it with my DD. I have an adr booked for our upcoming trip and I'm so excited, especially since looking at your pictures.LOL. Can't wait to hear more :thumbsup2

I hope you have a wonderful time with your daughter at afternoon tea! It was such a blast. I can't wait to do it again!

The Afternoon Tea is something I've always wanted to do and your report has encouraged me more. Sorry your service was so bad though.

BTW, I totally agree with you about the bench seats. Seems like parties of 2 get stuck with some of the worst seating at WDW restaurants.

Looking forward to reading more...

Afternoon tea was fabulous! You should definitely go if you get the chance.

Glad you are with me on the bench seating! How is there not a better seating option for smaller parties?

I'm all caught up now - looks like a great start to the trip!

You've definitely got me missing Boma (that waffle!), Jiko, and AKL overall. It's also nice to see that construction at AK has kicked into high gear. I can't wait to see the nighttime show! :goodvibes

Sorry to hear about some of the service and parking issues, but at least you and Rob managed to feel the magic anyway. :thumbsup2

Hey there! Our AKL day was great. I felt like we got a really great full experience in less than 24 hours there. I am so ready for all this construction to be over! Between AK, Main Street in MK, Poly and of course DTD I am ready for the walls to be down and the finished products to be on display.

Some of the parking and service issues were definitely a pain this trip, but a bad day at Disney still beats a good day at work. :thumbsup2

We have been to Coral Reef once. They had this amazing vegetable dish that is not there anymore. My son the sea food lover had the mahi mahi and loved it. The price oop is what has kept us from going back.

Coral Reef is great, but you're right, the price is very high. I am so thankful we have had TiW the past 2 trips. Our next trip will probably be without it so I think it will force us to change our dining habits a little bit and steer clear of places like Coral Reef.

I so want to try the afternoon tea. I don't think my stomach can fit it in this next trip :lmao: between CL and the DP.

I think CL and DP will definitely keep you too busy with food to consider afternoon tea this trip. Hopefully you can fit it in on another trip! :thumbsup2

After tea time we were so ridiculously full. We had reservations at Flying Fish, which I really didn't want to cancel because I have wanted to eat there for so long and I also didn't want to be charged $20. I was feeling sick though, so I knew it wasn't happening. I called and spoke with someone at Disney Dining and they said I could move the reservation to another date without being charged the cancellation fee. Score! I moved it to a date later in the week where we had an opening. Then a few hours went by and the extreme fullness passed. :laughing: We decided to drive to Boardwalk and try our luck with the parking situation again and see what we could do here for dinner.

We ended up at our original destination to see if they could seat us for dinner and as luck would have it, they most certainly could! I guess we will be having Flying Fish after all.

The inside of the restaurant is very cute. Here is a slightly blurry picture.

We were seated at the long counter in front of the open kitchen. I didn't care for this seating at all. I was glad they took us, but they said because we didn't have a reservation we had to sit here or the bar. This would have been understandable if it wasn't for the fact that the restaurant remained half empty throughout our entire meal. Oh Disney Dining seating, you are a mystery to me. This was our view for our meal.

It was fine, but I found the high top chairs you sit in to be very uncomfortable. Why couldn't we have a cozy little table or booth sitting there empty the whole time. Sigh. What can you do?

We started with their bread and butter.

I loved this! I think I had three pieces. Rob thought is was just okay.

I have been dying to try their crab cake here. It looks so amazing in pictures. I was worried I would be too full, so I asked Rob if he would split it with me and he said he would. So, we split the Flying Fish Cafe Crispy Crab Cake with Savory Vegetable Slaw, Roasted Red Pepper Coulis, and Ancho Chile Remoulade.

This was delicious! My only complaint is that it was a lot smaller than I thought it would be and it was very very pricey for what it was.

For our entrees Rob ordered the Oak-grilled Ashley Farms Organic Free Range Ancho-Chicken with smoky-house Queso fresco-dusted French fries and Chicharron Tomatillo Ketchup, Jicama Pepper Slaw, Epcot Greens, Cornbread puree, apple chicken jus

This came recommended by our waitress. Rob was torn between this and two other options, so he went with her recommendation. Actually it wasn't her recommendation, but rather what she finds to be a guest favorite. He wasn't crazy about it unfortunately. It wasn't bad just very bland, which is surprising considering all of those ingredients.

For my entree I got the dish I have been waiting forever to try. Flying Fish Cafe's Idaho Potato-wrapped Red Snapper over a rich leek fondue with a veal glace de viande, and red wine-cassis butter reduction.

Loved the fish, loved the red wine butter reduction, but the leek fondue was not my favorite. It would have been could as a very small side portion. The flavor of the fondue itself was good, but the leeks themselves were too boring to be such a highlight of the dish. I would have preferred something else served with the fish. Plus, after the monkfish at Jiko, this paled in comparison.

Dessert did not appeal to us at all, so we passed.

I do have to mention that we had outstanding service here! Our waitress was awesome. She made the meal worth it.

Overall, we were unimpressed with Flying Fish unfortunately. I would definitely give it another try. It was by no means a bad meal, but for the money we spent it just wasn't worth it. I honestly would have been just as happy at Beaches & Cream.

We left the restaurant and headed over to HS. It was a really beautiful night.

We made it over to HS just in time for Frozen Fireworks which were incredible! One of my favorite parts of the trip. I posted some videos from the fireworks show on Instagram if any of you want to take a look. Then we hightailed it out of there as fast as we could. We ended up making it back to our room right as Hallowishes was starting. They were so incredible! Every night we pulled up the music for Wishes or Hallowishes, depending on what fireworks display would be going that night, on YouTube and played it in sync with the fireworks display for our very own fireworks spectacular without having to leave our room. The only thing better than fireworks, is fireworks in your pajamas! :thumbsup2

The next morning we were up early and headed to Epcot for a fun day. Since we were now staying at BLT we got to take the monorail there, which is always super fun! Here is the view of a very empty Epcot from the monorail.

Once we were in the park we decided to grab a quick breakfast at our usual Epcot breakfast spot.

Rob got a piece of cheesecake.

He absolutely loves their cheesecake here. Not sure if this is really breakfast appropriate, but as long as he's happy, I'm happy.

I chose my beloved Disney Cheese Danish!

I grabbed the one with a ridiculous amount of icing drizzled on the top. As usual, my danish was out of this world. How does Disney make the best cheese danish?

I grabbed us two cups of free ice water at the soda fountain area. Free works for me. I always take advantage of the free ice water at the counter service location whenever I can. They even had Halloween themed cups.

Fueled by breakfast treats, and of course a ride on Living With The Land, we are ready to start our day at Epcot! And it's game day. Go Eagles!

Flying Fish was interesting. His chicken dish looked like it should have been flowing with flavors and not bland at all. That's too bad. It's one of the restaurants I want to try next trip since we are staying at BC.

Love the jerseys! Go Eagles! :thumbsup2

Jerri - so glad to hear someone else wasn't impressed with the Potato Wrapped Snapper. When we ate there, a couple years ago, I did not care for it at all. In fact, I will say it has been the worst meal I have ever had at WDW. I would like to give FF another try, ordering something else of course, but DH wasn't impressed with his meal either and would much rather go to Narccossee's (sp). Maybe some day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter