"Just like we dreamed it!" - A Trip Report

Wow, I really enjoyed reading your reports! Thanks for sharing them. Despite a few hiccups, it sounded like you had a great trip and hope your next trip will go ever so smoothly! :)

Thanks for such detailed reports Matt, they're great!

Thanks for a great report with loads of details. Sorry to hear that everything didn't run smoothly, but you got loads done.

I've really enjoyed reading your reports, Matt. You're obviously a very positive person and didn't let any hiccups spoil your holiday.

It's funny how Disneyland affects us all ~ I always have to say "hello I'm home" when I walk on Main Street for the first time and on the last time we leave the park I always say goodbye to the Castle!! :rolleyes2 :blush:

Great trip report. Disneyland Paris is on my wish list and I did enjoy the details about the trains and stations.

I'm glad you had a wonderful time. Thank you for posting.

What a great trip report, shame about the transport situation you had but to be first on BTM the next day, that would have made up for it for me anyway!!
Glad to know you had a lovely time.

Thanks for all the comments guys and gals!

Here, as promised, is what we rode on each day:

Friday 27th June 2008: 17

Pirates: 4
BTM: 3
Phantom Manor: 2
Casey Jnr: 2
Small World: 1
Buzz Lightyear: 1
Star Tours: 1
Storybook Canal: 1
Pinocchio: 1
Snow White: 1

Monday 30th June 2008: 11

Pirates: 2
BTM: 2
Small World: 1
Phantom Manor: 1
Casey Junior: 1
Carousel: 1
Teacups: 1
Peter Pan: 1

Tuesday 1st June 2008: 19

Pirates: 4
Small World: 2
Phantom Manor: 2
Labyrinth: 1
Teacups: 1
Studio Tram Tour: 1
Aladdin: 1
Cars: 1
Animation Show: 1

Wednesday 2nd July 2008: 17

Pirates: 6
Small World: 2
Phantom Manor: 1
Storybook Canal: 1
Aladdin: 1

This gives a grand total of SIXTY FOUR (64) rides over four days in June/July.

On average then, you can expect to go on 16 rides a day in this period, if you go at a similar pace to us.

Total Per Ride (highest to lowest):

Pirates of the Carribean: 16
Big Thunder Mountain: 11
Phantom Manor: 6
It's a Small World: 6
Casey Junior: 5
Buzz Lightyear: 3
Star Tours: 3
Storybook Canal: 2
Mad Hatter's Tea Cups: 2
Aladdin's Magic Carpets: 2
Cars: 1
Studio Tram Tour: 1
Alice's Labyrinth: 1
Peter Pan's Flight: 1
Snow White: 1
Animation Academy: 1
Carousel: 1
Pinocchio: 1

Yes - you read it correctly.

In four days, we went on Pirates of the Carribean SIXTEEN times!

Well - we just love that ride!

One final stat for you. Based on the price of our ticket, divided by how many rides we visited, each ride in effect cost us £1.36.

Fantastic - are you a statistician in 'real life'?

Also, these very detailed trip reports are marvellous, I love reading them, but I wonder how you actually do them; do you keep a notebook or do you make yourself write up each day in the evening so that you remember?

I can't beat the 16 POTC; well nearly actually, on an early trip we were last to ride SM, and the CM's just sent us round, and round, and round, and round - seven times in a row without getting out. That was cool. With that, we probably did SM at least a dozen times that day

I take a couple of sheets of paper in my case to DLRP, and in bed each evening before I head off to sleep, I try to jot down what we've done, and felt like, that day. It only takes a couple of minutes, but really helps when writing your trip reportwhen you're back home.

And reading over your trip report in later months, really helps to bring back the Magic memories :love: .

Elaine

Ah. Excellent plan. I always have a notebook - pretensions of being a writer one day - but it never occurred to me to do this!

Or I could make use of the Tink writing paper they give you in the hotel!

All I did was have a piece of paper divided into the different days along the top. Down the side, I had the name of the rides.

From then on, it was simply a case of filling in a tally chart when we went on a ride.

It only took a few seconds, but it's a great way of remembering what you did on each day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter