Just made BOG ADR for lunch

I just got through on the phone. I was on hold maybe 20 minutes. I inquired about ADRs for Be Our Guest. The CM repeated what sounded like a written response: "I apologize, but our system is down for an enhancement and we are not able to take reservations at this time. Could you please call back later?" I said, "Thank you for that information. I'm sure you've gotten a lot of frustrated people on the phone this morning. Can you help me understand why Disney would send their system through an enhancement at the same time that they announced they would be taking reservations?" She said (literally), "Um.... Well... No, I can't." (I thought it was very telling that she tried to come up with a response but couldn't.) I asked her to please pass along feedback to her superiors that it was frustrating for a guest that Disney advertised taking reservations but could not accommodate attempts to make them. She said she would. She was very nice (and I was too). I asked if she knew if ADRs for next week (my travel week) will be open when the system is working again. She said, "I'm not sure. I haven't been able to get onto the system all morning." I again asked her to pass along my message to her superiors (who knows if she will, but I always try to tell customer service reps to pass those types of messages along because it helps them know I'm not mad at them AND I hope it helps management to actually get these messages), and she said she would. Told her to have a nice day, she repeated the same, and that was it.

Back to the app and website I go.

You handled that perfectly. I've been sitting here stewing, but reminding myself I should be glad I don't work in the dining call center. I bet they're not having a fun morning either. ;-)

I still think IT shut it all down and pulled the slots, so the agents, that we know generally know nothing, just see it all being unavailable.
I agree with this. I think that when the ADRs did not show up in people's MDE they started to assume their reservation didn't go through and started trying to reserve again. It clogged up the system and they pulled them all. I will rest easy with my e-mail confirmation and just wait to see if it shows up in MDE.

Anyone that made there reservation and got confirmation email have any luck for the reservation showing up in my Disney Experience.
Yes, finally. Made reservation on app around 5:10 AM EST, got confirmation email right away. Kept checking MDE, it finally showed up just a minute ago, about 8:15 AM.

you both realize this is REQUIRED to be asked, correct?

Of course it's required. :-) But that's what makes it even more ridiculous. Requiring your agents to ask if they can do anything else for us immediately after they've told us that they can't do anything for us. :tongue:

I just got through on the phone. I was on hold maybe 20 minutes. I inquired about ADRs for Be Our Guest. The CM repeated what sounded like a written response: "I apologize, but our system is down for an enhancement and we are not able to take reservations at this time. Could you please call back later?" I said, "Thank you for that information. I'm sure you've gotten a lot of frustrated people on the phone this morning. Can you help me understand why Disney would send their system through an enhancement at the same time that they announced they would be taking reservations?" She said (literally), "Um.... Well... No, I can't." (I thought it was very telling that she tried to come up with a response but couldn't.) I asked her to please pass along feedback to her superiors that it was frustrating for a guest that Disney advertised taking reservations but could not accommodate attempts to make them. She said she would. She was very nice (and I was too). I asked if she knew if ADRs for next week (my travel week) will be open when the system is working again. She said, "I'm not sure. I haven't been able to get onto the system all morning." I again asked her to pass along my message to her superiors (who knows if she will, but I always try to tell customer service reps to pass those types of messages along because it helps them know I'm not mad at them AND I hope it helps management to actually get these messages), and she said she would. Told her to have a nice day, she repeated the same, and that was it.

Back to the app and website I go.

honestly it wont. Management for dining/reservations/cruise honestly dont really care. They know you'll call back. i tell people , heres what you should do, Email disney over and over till you get in contact with someone". Telling a reservation agent means and does nothing. Ive brought things up to them that guests would say when i worked there in the past and it goes in one ear and out the other

Tried right away at 6AM and when I made it to the final page it would say error and it did not go through. Or so I thought, just checked my reservations and there it is :) YAY! Check your reservations if this happened to you too!

Of course it's required. :-) But that's what makes it even more ridiculous. Requiring your agents to ask if they can do anything else for us immediately after they've told us that they can't do anything for us. :tongue:

Because they can transfer you to MDX, MDE, reservations sales, the cruise line. You're taking it literal, as if they can help you with anything else, in regards to dining

For 45 minutes I would get all the way to the last screen before the actual reservation # then ERROR! Ugh!! Now it just keeps saying unable to check availability!! Ugh

honestly it wont. Management for dining/reservations/cruise honestly dont really care. They know you'll call back. i tell people , heres what you should do, Email disney over and over till you get in contact with someone". Telling a reservation agent means and does nothing. Ive brought things up to them that guests would say when i worked there in the past and it goes in one ear and out the other

Fair enough. I don't regret what I said, and I am glad I kept my cool and wasn't a jerk. But thanks for the heads-up.

I finally can see it in my MDE I was never able to get through so I thought.. at the final page continued to get an error message, but at some point it did go through. So for those of you with an error message earlier, there is still hope! Mine is for May 17th. Good Luck!

Thank you!

I just checked my reservations in MDE and yes, it is there even though I too got the error message.

It helps seeing this morning was worth the effort.

I kept hitting reserve for over an hour and getting an error and finally went back to sleep for bit. Woke up and the reservation was in MDE, but no email confirmation. But it went through twice, apparently, so I have 2 ADRs at BOG for the exact same time. Oops? I'll cancel one later when I'm sure the system is no longer going all wonky.

Apparently this was what it took to get me to stop lurking here!

EDIT: Now I have 3 simultaneously BOG ADRs. Going to have to eat a lot of sandwiches!

Last edited:
I kept hitting reserve for over an hour and getting an error and finally went back to sleep for bit. Woke up and the reservation was in MDE, but no email confirmation. But it went through twice, apparently, so I have 2 ADRs at BOG for the exact same time. Oops? I'll cancel one later when I'm sure the system is no longer going all wonky.

What date do you have two on? Maybe someone waiting for one can coordinate to grab yours when you cancel??? Just a thought

well i was frustrated for half an hour this morning because i kept getting MDA errors. i just now happened to check my dining ressies and sure enough i have TWO BOG lunch ADRs for May 30th!!! good grief! about to cancel one of them now.

And a great first post! Glad it worked out and :welcome:

I got the error message all morning too. I have been stalking disboards and just checked MDE and my emails /junk folder. Nothing in there for me :(

Phones suck this am. Computer sucks. I don't get how there can be nothing at 615 am for a huge place.

I have 2 showing in MDE for the same time too. Just 1 email though. I'm terrified to cancel the other one right now! I am gonna wait until it calms down!

Both of the pre-6:00 AM reservations I made this morning are showing up in MDE. I'm about to cancel one--I wanted a different time and assumed that my second reservation would cancel out the first. Hopefully it will go to someone who has yet to get one!

ETA: Uh-oh! Got a message saying that online cancellation isn't available. I will call a little later when the phone lines aren't blowing up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter