Just off the Wonder this week. All good, just a few hiccups.

I’m kind of never sure (any longer) if I can believe Disney in writing. We just got off the ship last Monday and had an unusual experience regarding a chocolate and liquor tasting. The paper navigator listed the event as an 18 and older, the app on our iPhones also listed it as 18 and over and then the app’s description said with parental consent. They went up to my daughter-19 and my friends son-18 carded them, and said they weren’t able to stay because they had to be 21. A lady next to us then showed the staff that wasn’t what the app stated. See in Wisconsin we can pass a drink to our own children, but the bartender must hand it to the parent first. They were very nice about it but we awkwardly grabbed our things and left a little embarrassed of course but no big deal. They later came to our dinner table and offered us a nice compensation.
I heard earlier that they do have special hours for teens. Parents that had athletes that were needing to work out to attain athletic scholarships and the like, needed to work out to maintain maximum fitness. So maybe they’ll let those hours flex into a “with adult supervision”.

I am really surprised that the reservation system allowed you to book anything with alcohol for a person under 21. The Magic does alter their policy a bit when sailing Europe only itineraries, but for cruises that are in the Western hemisphere, the 21 and up policy is strict. I had not seen a paper navigator that showed beverage tastings as being for those 18 and older.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter