Just ordering coffee at Be Our Guest Breakfast?

And many of those disappointed people, are only disappointed because they couldn’t get a pre park opening reservation just so they could order next to nothing to get a jump on riding Seven Dwarfs. It’s one and the same really.

I find it pretty easy to get a breakfast reservation right after 9am actually. So if people are there for the food, they could find a breakfast reservation after 9am without too much effort.

Disney closed the loophole of people ordering a cupcake at dinner time to see inside the castle by making it a more expensive OOP/two-credit on the DDP prix-fixe dinner. So yes, exploiting a loophole does hurt others because it makes it worse for everyone when Disney takes measures to stop it. Disney currently prices early morning magic breakfast plus PPO access to 7DMT at $80 per adult and $70 per child. It will be very disappointing if they have to make breakfast that is a good quick service value on the DPP $80 and 2 credits because of people like you trying to cheat the system.

Disney closed the loophole of people ordering a cupcake at dinner time to see inside the castle by making it a more expensive OOP/two-credit on the DDP prix-fixe dinner. So yes, exploiting a loophole does hurt others because it makes it worse for everyone when Disney takes measures to stop it. Disney currently prices early morning magic breakfast plus PPO access to 7DMT at $80 per adult and $70 per child. It will be very disappointing if they have to make breakfast that is a good quick service value on the DPP $80 and 2 credits because of people like you trying to cheat the system.

Neither of these are/were loopholes nor is it cheating. You can go into any restaurant at Disney (except buffet, prix fix, AYCTE) and order as much or as little as you like and Be Our Guest is/was no different. There are a lot of people that go to Le Cellier and just order the cheddar soup. Are they cheating? Is that a loophole? We like going to Sci-Fi and just ordering dessert so we can watch the B-movies. Are we taking a car from someone who wants to eat a full meal? Yes we are. Is that cheating?

Oh, and that good value for a QSDP credit you speak of is one of the reasons so many people go and just order a cupcake. The prices for breakfast are ridiculous! So maybe it's all of the DDP people using their credits here that will cause the jump to $80 and 2 credits because Disney is definitely losing money on all the DDP users at this restaurant.

Neither of these are/were loopholes nor is it cheating. You can go into any restaurant at Disney (except buffet, prix fix, AYCTE) and order as much or as little as you like and Be Our Guest is/was no different. There are a lot of people that go to Le Cellier and just order the cheddar soup. Are they cheating? Is that a loophole? We like going to Sci-Fi and just ordering dessert so we can watch the B-movies. Are we taking a car from someone who wants to eat a full meal? Yes we are. Is that cheating?

Oh, and that good value for a QSDP credit you speak of is one of the reasons so many people go and just order a cupcake. The prices for breakfast are ridiculous! So maybe it's all of the DDP people using their credits here that will cause the jump to $80 and 2 credits because Disney is definitely losing money on all the DDP users at this restaurant.

No one thinks twice about splitting something or just ordering a drink/ dessert/ fries or whatever from a QS, and I see plenty of people sitting at those tables who are not even eating there (I'm looking at you, Woody's Lunch Box!). BOG for breakfast and lunch is a QS meal, despite the requirement for ADR.

Plenty of people go to a TS and split an entree, or just have dessert, or order an appetizer to sit and enjoy some AC and relax even though we may not each want a full meal. We don't linger all day holding up a table for 3 hours to sip a milkshake, and I don't feel bad about it. Am I taking up a reservation? Yes, because Disney doesn't give me the option to indicate ahead of time that I only want a milkshake when I get to Sci-Fi or a coffee when I get to BOG.

If Disney wanted to "close the loophole" they could implement minimum ordering or prix-fixe pricing at every restaurant for every meal, but let's not give anyone any ideas. They don't though, because they're clearly making plenty of money the way things currently are. $15 OOP for a bowl of cereal is plenty of markup.

I had never thought about doing this until reading this thread. Because my kids are at the ages (2 and 5) where they both want to do EVERYTHING at the magic kingdom from meet and greets to Fantasyland rides to coasters, scheduling MK fast passes is tricky. We don't take long enough trips to make 60+7, 8, 9, etc work for us, so getting 7DMT even at 60 days out at 7 AM can be tough. I had never considered BoG breakfast bc I assumed everyone had to order one of those $28 entrees. Now I know!

I don't feel like this is cheating or taking advantage of a loophole, since Disney clearly allows it, and has had plenty of time to change it, so I went on just now out of curiosity to see what I could get. For the first day of our summer trip, which is around 110 days out, I could have made an ADR at almost any time I wanted to, including multiple PPO slots, at BoG for breakfast for 5 people. Because the restaurant was SO available, and I'm not breaking any rules, I felt zero guilt in making an 8:15 AM ADR, even though we would never order anything close to 5 entrees.

Honestly it sounds like a really pleasant way to start our morning - we can walk into the park (at 7:45 AM??) take our time walking to BoG, sit down, have a drink, and maybe one entree or cupcake that we've pre-ordered, and then walk out around 8:45 (?) and ride 7DMT with little to know wait? Is that right? We will all have had breakfast in our resort, but I'm sure no one will refuse a cupcake or some coffee/diet coke after the walk to MK from BLT :-) Do I have my timing right? Peter Pan people - do you just go line up for Peter Pan after Mine Train and still have little to no wait there as well?

I had never thought about doing this until reading this thread. Because my kids are at the ages (2 and 5) where they both want to do EVERYTHING at the magic kingdom from meet and greets to Fantasyland rides to coasters, scheduling MK fast passes is tricky. We don't take long enough trips to make 60+7, 8, 9, etc work for us, so getting 7DMT even at 60 days out at 7 AM can be tough. I had never considered BoG breakfast bc I assumed everyone had to order one of those $28 entrees. Now I know!

I don't feel like this is cheating or taking advantage of a loophole, since Disney clearly allows it, and has had plenty of time to change it, so I went on just now out of curiosity to see what I could get. For the first day of our summer trip, which is around 110 days out, I could have made an ADR at almost any time I wanted to, including multiple PPO slots, at BoG for breakfast for 5 people. Because the restaurant was SO available, and I'm not breaking any rules, I felt zero guilt in making an 8:15 AM ADR, even though we would never order anything close to 5 entrees.

Honestly it sounds like a really pleasant way to start our morning - we can walk into the park (at 7:45 AM??) take our time walking to BoG, sit down, have a drink, and maybe one entree or cupcake that we've pre-ordered, and then walk out around 8:45 (?) and ride 7DMT with little to know wait? Is that right? We will all have had breakfast in our resort, but I'm sure no one will refuse a cupcake or some coffee/diet coke after the walk to MK from BLT :-) Do I have my timing right? Peter Pan people - do you just go line up for Peter Pan after Mine Train and still have little to no wait there as well?

unless there is an EMM day and then you will NOT get to ride 7DMT until after they let the rope drop people in. They will line the PPO breakfast people just outside the 7DMT and you may be able to get one ride in with relatively no wait.

I am one of the people that like the breakfast enough to use a qs credit for it but i would never pay full price for it. Have fun

Disney closed the loophole of people ordering a cupcake at dinner time to see inside the castle by making it a more expensive OOP/two-credit on the DDP prix-fixe dinner. So yes, exploiting a loophole does hurt others because it makes it worse for everyone when Disney takes measures to stop it. Disney currently prices early morning magic breakfast plus PPO access to 7DMT at $80 per adult and $70 per child. It will be very disappointing if they have to make breakfast that is a good quick service value on the DPP $80 and 2 credits because of people like you trying to cheat the system.[/QUOTE]

People like me? Wow.

Just so you know, my family enjoys BOG breakfast. We buy meals on the ddp and oop. We’ve been several times. Only once did we choose to go before park opening. Seven Dwarfs was down anyways. No big deal. There is no guarantee. Now we go mid morning for a relaxing meal after we’ve done a few fp’s.

Not that any of this matters. It is a quick service. People can get as much or as little as they want. There is no loophole. I suspect that the only reason it’s been ADR’s for breakfast and lunch is to avoid the crush and lines of people trying to go there. That’s it.

My mom and I enjoyed BOG breakfast, and paid out of pocket. I will fully admit of taking some of the pastries with me in a baggy to eat later (it was February and not too hot out). Loved the PPO.

We are doing it again this year for a big family trip with 7 of us. We won't all order entrees... probably only 3 or 4 since I know they are large enough, with the pastries, to be split. And we are doing it for the PPO, although I thought the food was fine. Actually, I really enjoyed the poached egg sandwich on the croissant. Maybe not $20+ worth, but it's WDW.

Like the other poster said. You won't get it if it's EMM. I picked the Monday and Thursday of our trip because those were days when EMM had not been getting scheduled and thankfully it worked out.
As for the procedure, around 8:30, a line starts to form along the walkway leading back toward BOG along the side closest to 7DMT. We were about 20th in line at 8:40. They led us into the full queue around 8:55 so we got on right before park open. I've heard of them allowing people on the ride as early as 8:45 so you could get two rides in before park open. We went over to PP right after 7DMT and waited about 15 mins... so we were able to do 2 without burning a FP.
The second morning we decided to just to PP because that's what the kids voted on. There are cast members standing near the entrance to PP and will not allow you to move further into fantasyland. Just start queuing up near them. We were 10th in line that morning.
I was unsure about the whole process before we did it but it's fairly intuitive. One of the things i really loved was just being back in that area when it's virtually empty.
Enjoy!

I'm glad that I find (only my opinion) 7DMT as over-hyped and underwhelming, and while BOG is visually stunning, it's one of those been there done that attractions for me. So while many are ordering straws, coffee, a cupcake or just going into BOG to see the rose and then leaving to be first in line at 7DMT, I'm heading the opposite direction and riding several attractions with very little waiting and maximizing my FP+. I'm not passing judgement or attacking anyone here, I just march to the beat of a different drummer.

I'm glad that I find (only my opinion) 7DMT as over-hyped and underwhelming, and while BOG is visually stunning, it's one of those been there done that attractions for me. So while many are ordering straws, coffee, a cupcake or just going into BOG to see the rose and then leaving to be first in line at 7DMT, I'm heading the opposite direction and riding several attractions with very little waiting and maximizing my FP+. I'm not passing judgement or attacking anyone here, I just march to the beat of a different drummer.

LOL...my family feels exactly the same.

7DMT was in immense letdown. We don't even bother trying to ride it.

And...we'll occasionally book a lunch at BoG, but that's it. Been there, done that. Certainly not worth doing over and over again. It's nice inside, but overrated as stuffed crust pizza.

LOL...my family feels exactly the same.

7DMT was in immense letdown. We don't even bother trying to ride it.

And...we'll occasionally book a lunch at BoG, but that's it. Been there, done that. Certainly not worth doing over and over again. It's nice inside, but overrated as stuffed crust pizza.

Agreed!

As for the posters who were complaining about those of us who don’t eat as “taking ADRs from those who desperately want them”...
The last three days I’ve been able to go on and find a ppo adr at bog for 6 people with no effort for the following day.

As far as the if Disney didn't like it they would close the loophole, they have been doing quite a bit of that. From the chipped pop glasses to not being able to cut a day off of a resort reservation, to giving up your FP if you cancel your resort, it seems like Disney is clamping down on "loopholes."

As far as the if Disney didn't like it they would close the loophole, they have been doing quite a bit of that. From the chipped pop glasses to not being able to cut a day off of a resort reservation, to giving up your FP if you cancel your resort, it seems like Disney is clamping down on "loopholes."
But those situations are not this situation.

So yes if Disney doesn’t like it they will fix it. And so far they haven’t. Coffee and cupcake away!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter