Just received an unbelievable deal!

Oh goodness, I guess this really was an unbelievable deal. My credit card was charged right away and I received a confirmation e-mail within an hour of making the reservation. My park tickets are all printed and say they expire 12/30/13.

I have not received any phone call yet. If no one is available at SW to talk to until tomorrow, that will definitely put me over the 72 hour cancellation period. Since this was their error, I would hope they would refund my money anyway. I am really glad I did buy my plane tickets yet.

I am sorry my original post ended up being a bum deal. I feel bad for any trouble others are going through. I guess lesson learned.

eliezra said:
Oh goodness, I guess this really was an unbelievable deal. My credit card was charged right away and I received a confirmation e-mail within an hour of making the reservation. My park tickets are all printed and say they expire 12/30/13.

I have not received any phone call yet. If no one is available at SW to talk to until tomorrow, that will definitely put me over the 72 hour cancellation period. Since this was their error, I would hope they would refund my money anyway. I am really glad I did buy my plane tickets yet.

I am sorry my original post ended up being a bum deal. I feel bad for any trouble others are going through. I guess lesson learned.

You will be ok. The 72 hour period is 72 hours before your trip to cancel for full refund. Don't feel bad about posting. It is SeaWorld's error and I am upset they will not honor the rates they gave us. Plus, your trip may be ok. The rates were wrong on the free all day dining deal. Not sure if they were wrong on the free kids deal. You can call the resevations phone number and probably talk to someone today. I was told that Marketing wouldn't be there until Wednesday but I am sure someone in reservations would take your call. They are who I called after Floridays called me and Floridays had noted in SeaWorld's computer about the error.

No call from them, no email from them, and my payment cleared today. Is that a good sign? Maybe mine was priced okay? Hate to call and jinx it, but at the same time I'm dying to know what the deal is.

^^^^^You are probably in the clear.:thumbsup2 My reservation was at Floridays also, I think that was the one with the price error.

Just wanted to confirm that we, too, received a call from Floridays to advise that there had been an error and that the booking could not be honored as the rate given was just for Seaworld tickets (even though the pending confirmation said that accommodations were included) and advised us to call Seaworld. We did, and cancelled the transaction completely which was confirmed by an email from Seaworld.
Ah well, would have been nice, but in our case the trip isn't until late this year, so maybe another deal will come along. If we find anything great, I'll be certain to post!
:)

^^^^^You are probably in the clear.:thumbsup2 My reservation was at Floridays also, I think that was the one with the price error.

I think you are right, thanks!!! Mine wasn't with Floridays. After you posted, I went and checked the site to see if I could get a quote (it wasn't working a few days ago). It is working now, I notice Floridays isn't even a choice anymore. Ran a quote for where I'm staying and got the same quote. So I think I am in the clear, yay!!!!!

For those that cancelled, I was told by SeaWorld that the refund to the credit card could take 1 to 2 billing cycles.

For those that cancelled, I was told by SeaWorld that the refund to the credit card could take 1 to 2 billing cycles.

Holy moly :crazy2: . That's crazy.

I have been refunded by SW several times (for different things) and my credit has always been reflected on my Mastercard within one or two DAYS, not billing cycles.

I hope, for everyone's sake, that this is SW trying to "underpromise and overperform". 2 billing cycles is ridiculous, particularly when the incorrect pricing was a SW system error.

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina said:
Holy moly :crazy2: . That's crazy.

I have been refunded by SW several times (for different things) and my credit has always been reflected on my Mastercard within one or two DAYS, not billing cycles.

I hope, for everyone's sake, that this is SW trying to "underpromise and overperform". 2 billing cycles is ridiculous, particularly when the incorrect pricing was a SW system error.

I hope this is true. I cancelled my first package a week ago and the refund has not been credited yet. Maybe because of the holidays, it is taking longer. The thing is I had to cancel 2 packages due to SeaWorld's mistake. Since they have close to $3500.00 of my money tied up, I don't want to make any other reservations until I get my money back. Good thing we aren't going until June.

SW told me that my charge never went through, but I guess I better check into it just to be safe.

I checked today and SeaWorld has refunded my money. Yay! Now I can start planning again. We still plan to go to SeaWorld, just not with one of their packages.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter