Just returned from 11 day BCV stay 06/16-06/27..UPDATED 04/09/10 -COMPLETE FINALLY !

I am so enjoying the tour. :thanks: I wish we lived in a central, mountain or pacific time zone. We crash out so early when visiting Disney it would benefit us to live in a different time zone. I did live in CO one long, long year when I was first married to my EX-husband. I think I would enjoy CO much more now with my much better husband. :lmao: Thanks for sharing and posting the pics.

Great trip report! Thanks so much for the pictures. But boy does this make me home sick! I can't wait until October!

You know, we became BCV owners back in 2002, and I didn't fully appreciate that Drawing Room till last year. It was our last day, we got back from MK and really needed a place to call home for an hour or two, as we didn't have our room anymore. And we had to wait for Magical Express. Then we saw that room, and woola! we had a "home". It was heaven, it really was. I feel like it was our best kept secret, as nobody came in the entire time we were there, with our feet up, just waiting. The other awesome thing about that whole place is they have a beautiful restroom, right off the lobby! I swear, they thought of everything.:thumbsup2

After this past trip, I loved that Drawing Room so much, that I emailed member services to please thank the imagineers that thought up that little piece of heaven that gives families a place to wait and call home for a little while. I LOVE the BCV's!!:cloud9:

I love your report! I feel for you about your DH with the smoking-my DH tried the same thing while at Disney with much of the same end result although I will say he cut down significantly due to there being so few smoking areas. Your balloon ride looks awesome and is something we hope to try on our next visit.

I hope that you get to enjoy the balloon ride -it was fun.

I'm enjoying your pictures!

I am glad you are enjoying them :)

I love your trip report! It is so entertaining to read!! :goodvibes

Thanks for reading !! I am trying my best to keep it spicy !!

Thanks so much for posting the picture of the Movies on the Beach showings. I've gotta admit-I know the movies change every month and I hope they change again before I go in October. Last October they showed "Enchanted" one night and I was so thrilled because it's one of my favorite movies. A couple years ago they showed "Nemo" and "Cars". I wouldn't mind if they drag those out again.

The movies change every month I think, so I am sure they will change a couple more times before you get there. The one thing that I did not know is that the "Mystery Movie" night is actually a movie picked by votes of the guests. You can cast a vote all week long and then they tally them all up and then the movie in announced.

Another great update - thanks for the pics and report on the balloon flight. My DH really wants to do this but I am not sure it is worth the $$$. Sounds like a good thing to do once though!

Being honest, if I had paid out of pocket (instead of reward dollars) I might have been upset at how short it really is. But I thought if I didn't do it this trip that it may not be there next year. If there is just the two of you it will make it 32 dollars and I think that would be worth it.

Really enjoying your TR and pics. Thanks! :thumbsup2
Enjoying your TR and the pictures:thumbsup2

Glad you are enjoying it !

When we were at BCV in May, there was a mother duck with 9 ducklings. I didn't see them in June, but I also forgot to look specifically for them. Did you see a mother duck with a huge family?

Bobbi:goodvibes

Sorry we didn't see a family of ducks. Just one garden snake and a bunch of lizards.

I am so enjoying the tour. :thanks: I wish we lived in a central, mountain or pacific time zone. We crash out so early when visiting Disney it would benefit us to live in a different time zone. I did live in CO one long, long year when I was first married to my EX-husband. I think I would enjoy CO much more now with my much better husband. :lmao: Thanks for sharing and posting the pics.

The time zone diference does give us help with extra magic evening hours, but it does not help us get out of bed in morning ! We are generally night owls anyway. CO is the favorite plave I have ever lived -originally from Chicago. It was to flat and humid there for me !

Great trip report! Thanks so much for the pictures. But boy does this make me home sick! I can't wait until October!

I wish I was going back in October. Right now I am excited to be going to Disneyland with my family and my sister's family for this Christmas.

I really enjoyed reading about the balloon ride in DTD. I am not a big fan of heights, but thought I might be able to handle this. I'm looking forward to trying it on our trip in October. We are staying at BCV--our first adults only trip. I am even more excited after seeing all your pictures. Thanks!! :)

Just found this thread. What fun!!! I was beginning to think we were the only DVC members west of the Mississippi. I love your enthusiasm, we are a new DVC family too and will be going "home" in Sept to the brand new BLT. I can comisserate with the rain issue in FL, it just doesn't rain that way here in the Rockies, although we have had more than our fair share here in UT this year. Keep up the posts, and good luck to DH with trying to quit.:thumbsup2 We are all behind him.:grouphug: Tell him if he gets the urge to light up just to log on to these boards, it will fill the time and it's pretty hard to light up while you are typing.

You know, we became BCV owners back in 2002, and I didn't fully appreciate that Drawing Room till last year. It was our last day, we got back from MK and really needed a place to call home for an hour or two, as we didn't have our room anymore. And we had to wait for Magical Express. Then we saw that room, and woola! we had a "home". It was heaven, it really was. I feel like it was our best kept secret, as nobody came in the entire time we were there, with our feet up, just waiting. The other awesome thing about that whole place is they have a beautiful restroom, right off the lobby! I swear, they thought of everything.:thumbsup2

After this past trip, I loved that Drawing Room so much, that I emailed member services to please thank the imagineers that thought up that little piece of heaven that gives families a place to wait and call home for a little while. I LOVE the BCV's!!:cloud9:

It was unbelieveable to me all the places to relax, and you never felt crowded by anyone. That was so nice. One afternoon I went into the drawing room to take some pictures and there was a gentleman laying on the couch, his laptop was on the table open and he was sound asleep !! I couldn't believe it. Then I thought ... this poor man he must have had enough of his family and moved out :lmao:

I really enjoyed reading about the balloon ride in DTD. I am not a big fan of heights, but thought I might be able to handle this. I'm looking forward to trying it on our trip in October. We are staying at BCV--our first adults only trip. I am even more excited after seeing all your pictures. Thanks!! :)

My DH is also not a fan of heights. He wasn't a fan of rollercoasters either (now I have created a monster.) But he said it really wasn't to bad for him. The only advice would be look outward at the properties instead of down into the center of the circle that houses the balloon. Also bring a camera or camcorder and take pic/video - it will make you not think about the heights so much.

Just found this thread. What fun!!! I was beginning to think we were the only DVC members west of the Mississippi. I love your enthusiasm, we are a new DVC family too and will be going "home" in Sept to the brand new BLT. I can comisserate with the rain issue in FL, it just doesn't rain that way here in the Rockies, although we have had more than our fair share here in UT this year. Keep up the posts, and good luck to DH with trying to quit.:thumbsup2 We are all behind him.:grouphug: Tell him if he gets the urge to light up just to log on to these boards, it will fill the time and it's pretty hard to light up while you are typing.

Thanks so much for your kind words. We have had some crazy tornado activity here in Colorado this year,along with our fair share of rain too. These days my DH is slowing down alot on the smoking - I think it will be good if he can taper off and then try to quit with the gum possibly. He has been reading the trip report at night to fall asleep - not sure if that is a compliment to my writing though !!

absolutely :love: the tour, can't wait 'til I get to take it myself :banana: only 11 more days!!!!!

Only 10 more ------- I am so EXCITED for YOU !!!!

DAY 6 : Animal Kingdom
June 21st

Okay in order to explain this morning I need to back up to something I forgot to include in last nights close-up.

After we finshed our late dinner at Beaches n' Cream last night. My DH asked what the game plan was for the next day. I told him.. sorry but I have a breakfast ressie at Tusker House at 9:00am. He said "NO please no.. I can't get up that early again." And since it is father's day tomorrow I decide to wave the white flag on our adr. I told him sorry but I was thinking we only had one day for this park so I wanted to start early. Then I head to the the front desk to ask if there is any possibilty that we can get into the Cape May Cafe at about 10:00. There is a really nice (I think he was a manager) man named Chris. He tells me that the adr system closes down at 10:00pm and he can't check to see but he is positive he can get us in. He asks for my cell phone number, says he is in at 8:00am the next morning but promised not to call until after 8:30 to let us know if he can get us in. Great!
Next morning, 8:45 am my cell phone rings - it's Chris and he says - "Come on down and we will walk you over - the manager is taking care of it" - Thanks so much !! We get up head down and as I am standing there with my family waiting to be helped at the desk - a greeter (not Art) walks up and asks if we are the ***** family .. I say yep.... He says good morning to ya ... and says I am suppose to walk you over :woohoo: He walks us over and we are given a pager and seated shortly there after. I can not say enough about all the excellent customer service we were given to this point.

My dear kids and Goofy:

animalkingdom6-21-09001.jpg

My Dear Goofy hubby and Goofy !!

animalkingdom6-21-09002.jpg

After breakfast we head to the bus area and catch the bus for Animal Kingdom. OH MY LORD it is HOT. My DH reads his iphone... it says severe weather alert... the heat index is off the chart.. and you should not go outside unless you have to. Well, we are at Disney so I guess we have to :rotfl2: But now looking back we shouldn't have !! I think to myself that at least Animal Kingdom is mostly shade.

When we arrive we are starting down a path, and my DD yells "Hey something just moved!" We stop and look, wow Divine- first time we have ever seen her. It was undescribable. She walked forward and made an arch for the kids to walk through.

animalkingdom6-21-09003.jpg

If you look really closely to the left of the red flower area you can make out her face. We were amazed that my daughter noticed her.

animalkingdom6-21-09008.jpg

Next we head over to Expedition Everest. My DD is all pumped up because she is tall enough to ride it. We have never been brave enough to do this one, but besides Tower of Terror it is the only ride we haven't done. So here we go. The stand-by line is only 20 minutes. So my DH grabs fastpasses and we wait in the stand-by line.

Here are some pictures of the museum of the Yeti as you walk through the stand by line:

animalkingdom6-21-09009.jpg

animalkingdom6-21-09010.jpg

animalkingdom6-21-09011.jpg

We loved this ride!! My DD liked it but told me that next time she was riding with me because DH didn't hold her tight enough!!

The time to get another fastpass was very quick so we get another one and head away from here for now.

Immediatly we are roasting, so we head inside and see "It's tough to be a bug." Very cute - Philharmagic still my favorite though.

After this we wander around looking at a shop a bit. Then we meet up with some characters on the way towards The Tusker House.

Flik:
animalkingdom6-21-09015.jpg

This terrible because I don't know this ones name: HELP !! (Tarzan :rotfl2:)

animalkingdom6-21-09017.jpg

We then head to the Tusker House for our 1:30 lunch adr. I love the look of the inside of the resturant, but the food just doesn't do it for me here. They do have a lot of the Disney standards and they have a few native dishes. I am very plain and scared when it comes to food, so it is probably more me than it is the buffet !! But at this point even DH says "I am so sick of buffets!!" I think we are just fooded out - if thats a word - and at Disney on Deluxe Dining I am sure it is a figure of speech that has been used a lot.

After lunch we head out and go towards Dinosaur. We are able to walk right on the ride. And because I am dying of heat exhaustion at this point, we ride it twice to avoid the outdoors.

animalkingdom6-21-09021.jpg

After this my DH and DS decide they want to ride the Prime Evil Whirl. My DD is not tall enough, and I am greatful. We decide that we will ride the TriceraTop Spin. We only have to wait for the current ride to end and we are on. Oh my heck... the seats are burning hot !! What were we thinking. I swear I remember it like it was yesterday. We are waiting for the seat belt check and I feel like I am melting !! The ride is over and my DD is happy but it was so not worth the roasting. We head into the little store on the side and my DD suckers me into buying what was I believe maybe 12 starburst in a goofy candy bag - it cost WHAT... 3.00.. now I know my brain is fried !!
Okay DH and DS are back and now they are ready for Everest again !! Here we go .... 2 fastpasses each to burn up....

animalkingdom6-21-09013.jpg

animalkingdom6-21-09014.jpg

After riding we stop in the store and purchase a Yeti plush pillow ball for my DD who wants to remember how brave she was. And I am so proud of her, she is only 5.. and for sure she is very brave for going against the Yeti 4 times in one trip !! DS adds 20.00 dollars to his...Disney Racer calculator !!

We leave here and decide to go use our fastpass for Kali River Rapids. We all sit down on a bench and change into our crocs that have been in a bag hanging on the stroller all day. And head onto the ride. It was a blast. Me and DS get soaked !! And I am thinking, we should have done this sooner, I actually feel better now!

Here is where we really make a mistake. We are heading down the hill coming off the ride and we are unsure where to go. There is a sign - it says : "Exit only"- DH says oh here and we begin to walk...:scared1: After walking for a while we see a couple people with a placemat looking thing and they are all looking for birds !! I say to DH - did you see that, they are on a bird watching hike. He says ummm .. yeah. And we walk and walk and walk. I am ticked... where the heck did you lead us too... Then we see the tiger, how pretty. And finally we come out a door. I turn around and look and indeed my DH has just had us do the Maharajah Jungle Trek backwards :rolleyes1 Gee I wonder if that's what the sign meant when it said "EXIT ONLY !!" - Okay I am at home in the A/C - so now I can laugh !
After this little excursion I am done. And we leave Animal Hot Kingdom without even doing the Safari.. because I feel like I am going to be sick from the heat.
On the bus on the way back to Beach Club, DH says "Maybe you were right about October" :rolleyes1

We get back to hotel and collapse in the room for about an hour. Then I gather up strength and go with DS to the Marketplace. We fill up our mugs and rent Wallie because DH has never seen it.

At 8:30pm we head back down to Cape May Cafe Clam Bake. The kids are so excited to see that there is paper on the table and crayons. While DH goes to get his plate of food we take a bunch of crayons and write Happy Father's Day on the table and draw hearts and mickey balloons.

This will go down as my favorite Dinner Buffet. Did I mention the HEAT today !! The waitress at the Clam Bake asks us "What park did you go to ?" We say Animal Kingdom - she says "Oh lord- I used to work there- it's the hottest park there is." I am like what about the shade?" She then explains that because of all of the low lying plants it actually traps the heat and makes it HOTTER - plus most of the pavement is black and retains the heat !! I am thinking... no wonder... where was she yesterday with that info :laughing:

At the buffet they had clam chowder and tomato bisque soup. A full salad bar with fruit and cottage cheese. Then fried fish,clams,mussels, and carved meats. Peel and eat shrimp and the best corn bread ever. Plus mashed potatoes with gravy, green beans, asparagus and little red boiled potatoes. The food was all very good. For desert (no ice cream) cookies,brownies, chocolate mousse and my all time favorite the oreo mini bon-bon.
After dinner we head back to the room. Everyone showers because we are just gross from sunscreen and heat. Now we feel so much better, so we all hop on my bed and begin to watch Wallie... I don't even think I made it to the part where Wallie meets Eve and I was out !! My kids too ! First and only night we fall asleep before midnight !!

Next UP Day 7 Back to Epcot

Just love reading your trip report and seeing all the great photos. One of the things I appreciate most about your report is how much you appreciate owning DVC and your home resort BCV! Your gratitude comes thru both in your words and your photos (I also love all those beautiful relaxing rooms at BVC, we sometimes go over there from our home resort, BWV and have breakfast or lunch from the Marketplace in one of those areas!). Your Mom would be proud of your investment in such special family time!!

Thanks for the trip report and great pictures. I have ressies for Nov. 20 - 25 for two 2 bedroom suites. So far the one family that was going to be going with us backed out saying that they heard that is the worse time to go. Anything is better then going in the summer.

I love the cornbread at Cape May! I actually have a recipe from an old issue of Disney Files Magazine and it is DIVINE! I make it alot!

Can you please PM me that? I would love it!

I agree that the Animal Kingdom always seems hottest to me!

Looking forward to reading day 7!

I never post on trip reports, but this one is worth the effort! You and your family sound like you're having so much fun!!! Looking forward to more...

Melissa

:thumbsup2 Great photos! Love the detail!!!! :yay:

Glad you love the photos :wizard:

Just love reading your trip report and seeing all the great photos. One of the things I appreciate most about your report is how much you appreciate owning DVC and your home resort BCV! Your gratitude comes thru both in your words and your photos (I also love all those beautiful relaxing rooms at BVC, we sometimes go over there from our home resort, BWV and have breakfast or lunch from the Marketplace in one of those areas!). Your Mom would be proud of your investment in such special family time!!

Thank you for reading along. We never sat outside at the marketplace but if we go in October it may be nicer outside.

Thanks for the trip report and great pictures. I have ressies for Nov. 20 - 25 for two 2 bedroom suites. So far the one family that was going to be going with us backed out saying that they heard that is the worse time to go. Anything is better then going in the summer.

Backed out - WHAT :scared1: !! If you can't find anyone else let me know and we will make our selves available !!

I love the cornbread at Cape May! I actually have a recipe from an old issue of Disney Files Magazine and it is DIVINE! I make it alot!

This reminds me that I need to call someone because I haven't recieved any disney files magazine ! I have recieved something in the mail almost every day since buying it seems though ! I would also ask for the reciepe but then I would also have to ask you to come and make it since I barely cook :)

I never post on trip reports, but this one is worth the effort! You and your family sound like you're having so much fun!!! Looking forward to more...

Melissa

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a post, I really do appreciate everyone that has left a message.

I agree that the Animal Kingdom always seems hottest to me!

Looking forward to reading day 7!

I am back !! My family kidnapped me and took me camping ( we stayed at a hotel !) three days near the Garden of the Gods in the Springs. So I promise day 7 will come tomorrow after the waterpark !!

Day # 7 Back to Epcot

Today we wake up at about 9:00 am and head down to Cape May Cafe - I am getting a little tired of this place but it is so easy to get to.

Before getting to Cape May my kids finally get to meet Art ( he had been sick !) - he was very nice. The kids told him how they had seen him on TV. They had watched Great Hotels Episode 30 - 100 times before we got the Beach Club !

disneyworld2009187.jpg

Then we head in to Cape May:

disneyworld2009004.jpg

The Characters here are probably wondering when are these people going back home !!

disneyworld2009003.jpg

We then take the walkway over to Epcot. I can not get used to this... 5 minutes inside park.... awesome !!

Because we have the special fastpasses that we recieved from DVC sales DH will not have to run around as much today. But because fastpasses have to be available in order to use the machine, DH still takes off when we get inside and goes to Soarin. He gets one fastpass with our tickets, and then uses two of the special fastpasses - giving us a total of 3 fastpasses each for Soarin. Then he runs over to Test Track to get one more Special fastpass and we have used all three of those.

While DH is running around the kids and I make our way over to the Imagination Station. We get right on the figment ride and then play around in the Imagaination Station afterwards.

The kids had a lot of fun in this area but I have to say I was surprised but the number of these we saw :

disneyworld2009010.jpg

DD makes music here:

disneyworld2009007.jpg

The kids get to jump around on these squares and make instruments play:

disneyworld2009008.jpg

My son finds a computer where he can take his picture and morph himself into all kinds of animals - this was funny !

epcot.jpg

epcot2.jpg

epcot3.jpg

When we are just about done playing around DH shows back up and we go to watch Honey I Shrunk the Audience.

disneyworld2009006.jpg

After the movie we decide to go use all of our Soarin Fastpasses - we were very lucky because the Special Fastpasses could be used as soon as you got them - so we didn't have to wait.

disneyworld2008300.jpg

disneyworld2008301.jpg

Of course we LOVE this ride. I love all the smells - especially the orange groves.

Now it is time for us to head over to The Coral Reef for our lunch adr at Coral Reef. It is near the Seas of Nemo.

disneyworld2008037.jpg

We get inside check in and our seated rather quickly. (This will be the only thing that happens quickly here.) We get seated on the very top level and my DD is a little disappointed. We came here twice last year and sat right in front of the tank. I let her know that everyone gets a turn and we already had ours.

The big turtle:

disneyworld2008303.jpg

A school of fish:

disneyworld2008312.jpg

Divers:

disneyworld2008041.jpg

After about 10 minutes we are finally greeted by our waitress and she takes our drink orders. 5 minutes later we finally get our drinks. When she drops off the drinks we are ready to order but she says she will be back in a minute to get our order. When she finally returns we place our order for our appetizer and entree. About 10 minutes later she returns with my Sea and Land and DH's salad. Plus we got a fresh bread basket. The Land and Sea was one large shrimp and two bite size pieces of beef. The beef melted in your mouth and the shrimp was good. We are on the deluxe plan so I don't care about the price but if I had paid 11.99 I would have been a little :mad:
Next our main entrees are brought out by someone other than our server. My DH and I both ordered the Grilled New York Strip Steak - served with roasted potatoes, watercress and tomatoes tossed in caramelized shallot vinaigrette. And my kids both ordered the Grilled Chicken with french fries. But now we are sitting here with no drinks and we still have the dirty dishes from our appetizer. Our waitress never comes back .... 15 minutes later and I say to DH.... "She didn't even come over here and ask if everything was okay." He is even a little put out because his tea has been empty a while. Finally I see our waitress and have to wave in the air to get her attention. I ask her politely if we can get refills, she brings them and leaves. She doesn't even touch the dirty dishes I have piled at the front of the half round table. We all finish our meals and wait another 10 minutes until she finally comes back. At this time all our dirty dishes from the whole meal are at the front of the table. She comes over leaves the desert menu for us to look at and leaves. I ask DH do you think we are going to be served desert with all these dirty plates crowding us. At this point he says "if she thinks I am leaving 18 percent she is nuts." The next thing we know a very nice blonde haired waitress ( who was not our waitress ) comes over with a large tray and starts to clear all of our dishes. She cleans our whole table. At this time our waitress appears with our deserts.

I ordered the famous chocolate wave:

epcot-coralreef.jpg

DH ordered a Sorbet:

disneyworld2008314.jpg

And the kids ordered the make your own sundae:

disneyworld2008316.jpg

As our waitress left our table she stopped at a table off to the side of us to ask the other waitress who had cleaned our table if she could take the tray of dishes. The other waitress looked :mad: - she said "No I have already done everything." - boy I felt bad for her - I work with a few people who always seem to not pull their weight so I could sympathize. I also said to DH thank goodness the blonde waitress had come over because it was obvious we were about to be served our desert on top of our dirty lunch plates. We really enjoyed our deserts but tried not to take to long. We had already been here 2 hours :scared1: - unreal. Two hours and we weren't even waiting for characters to come around. Just about the time we left I counted five tables in our area that were in different stages of dirty ( but no-one was sitting at them). On the way out the couch was crammed with people and further towards the front families were sitting on the floor waiting to be seated. I told my DH - I bet they have all had to wait over an hour past there adr because of our SLOW waitress. He then admits that he still left 18 percent because he kept thinking that if they split tips, others would be cheated because of her. I was then a little :mad: myself !! But oh well....

cont'd

Day 7 cont'd

We finally get over to see Turtle Talk with Crush and take some pictures in the entrance/lobby area.

disneyworld2008036.jpg

DH really liked turtle talk. I had done this with the kids in Disneyland last year -(he was at a conference). It was really funny.

We then did the Nemo and Friends Clamshell ride :

disneyworld2009020.jpg

disneyworld2008032.jpg

disneyworld2008034.jpg

Next we headed towards Space Ship Earth. We only had about a 10 minute wait. DH and daughter were behind us. DH then asks me - When the heck did it ask what language you wanted ? I said "First question".... well he missed it and him and DD had to listen to the whole thing in Spanish !! I thought it was sort of funny myself.

And we are now off to do three fastpasses we have collected for Test Track ! :woohoo:

disneyworld2008020.jpg

disneyworld2008021.jpg

Showroom after the ride:

disneyworld2009021.jpg

We then spend forever in the store. DS picks out a disney racer speedtrack and a ton of disney racers which we have shipped back to our resort. DH buys a Space Ship earth playset to go with his monorail and contemporary :rotfl: (He is trying to build his own Disney World !)

After riding Test Track three times in a row we are thirsty !! So we head over to the Ice Station Cool Zone. My DS tried all the flavors and says Mom the Bevly.. was gross :sick: I start laughing... I had forgot all about that one !! I said oh yeah ... Beverly... I heard it was yuck !
DD then talks me out of 8.00 dollars for a make your own princess cup and all the rest of us use snack credits to get drinks and frozen cokes.

disneyworld2009018.jpg

Cheers :

disneyworld2009019.jpg

Then oh my lord, it's already time to start heading to dinner :eek: Our longer than ever lunch has not left us to much time in between meals. But we have the most popular of adr's and I am not skipping this. Le Cellier at 7:30 :thumbsup2. So we head to Canada.

The gardens outside are beautiful:

disneyworld2009022.jpg

disneyworld2009024.jpg

disneyworld2009026.jpg

DS getting ready to head inside:

disneyworld2009027.jpg

Inside we check in and wait off to the side in a small area. A nice young man is there and everyone is playing a game of Canada trivia. I stand here feeling like a complete idiot - I then realize I don't know anything about Canada ! We are seated pretty quickly and I am glad because I think I was negative a 1000 dollars :lmao:
We are greeted by our waitress immediatly. She is a very young girl and very polite. She tells us which area she is from and we talk about how my in-laws had just been to the Niagara Falls.
She brings us bread right away. I tell her I have read about the pretzel bread and I can't wait to try it. DH thinks I am crazy ! But once he tries the pretzel bread he can't believe how good it is. Him and DS devour it. Thank goodness we were told we could get more of any of the breads. So we get some more pretzel bread. I ordered the Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup and my DH ordered a salad. The soup was good but became really good when you dipped the pretzel bread in it ! I was worried about it being to salty, but it was just perfect.
For our entrees DH and I both ordered the New York Strip Steak - topped with bercy butter and served with Gruyere Yukon Gold Potato Gratin. The steak was fabulous. But the potatoes were even better. My DS ordered the steak and said it was awesome. My DD ordered a hot dog....:eek: A hot dog - she was crazy because the steak was delicous.
After we were done with our entrees our waitress came over and asked if we were trying to catch the Illuminations fireworks. We told her we were but everything was fabulous so don't worry. She said I will go ahead and bring the bill now while I am also putting in your order for desert, that way you can rush out after desert without being tied up. I thanked her twice, and told my DH we needed to send her over to Coral Reef to re-train someone :laughing:!
I ordered the Smores, DH ordered the Maple Creme Brulee. And surprise the kids got sundaes.

disneyworld2009029.jpg

disneyworld2009030.jpg

We then rushed outside to watch Illuminations.... great location... perfect timing....

Afterwards we walk back to the Beach Club. We arrive back at about 9:45 and you think the kids would be ready to drop, but no they still insist on going swimming ! So we head out to the pool and have about 40 minutes to enjoy Storm -along-bay. It closed at 11:00 otherwise I think they would have been there until 2am .
disneyworld2009a007.jpg

Finally we get back to the room get cleaned up and go to bed once again just after midnight !!

Coming up Next DAY # 8 - MY Birthday ... Magic Kingdom.... Bibbitti Bobbitti Boutique and LOTS of Pixie DUST !! And we find out even the hospital is called Celebration !!

Thanks for another great update. Love all your pictures. SAB is my kids favorite pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter