Just Spoke With My Guide About Contemporary And It Seems

luvindisneyworld

<font color=green>Fireworks then a sundae - good s
That it is gonna happen.He said that word would be out in a couple of days.So if it is true,I see an add on in my near future :Pinkbounc .

Misty

Hmm... On the Disney Resorts board, someone was just upgraded to the Poly due to "an 'unexpected' renovation to the North Garden wing at the CR." I wonder if a DVC announcement has anything to do with this. I think I sense an add-on in my future as well.

How distressing! Now I just HAVE to add-on. don't you just hate it when they don't give you a choice :rotfl:

Any Day...Any Day...guides have been saying this for the last couple years....sorry, will believe it when I see it. :sad2:

If true, it'll be a while won't it? How far in advance of opening are points offered for sale? :earsboy: He says as he peers into his wallet to see if there's something he missed.

luvindisneyworld said:
That it is gonna happen.He said that word would be out in a couple of days.So if it is true,I see an add on in my near future :Pinkbounc .

Misty

Hmmmmmmmmmmm. I went to the SSR member update last week. Someone asked this question. The DVC guys answer was that there are "no plans" to make a DVC at the Comtemporary.

Hard to see why they would announce a Contemporary DVC while still selling SSR...and with quite a while until that SSR sells out too. :confused3

Also, the first couple of years I was on this board, many posters indicated that their guides said that VB and HH were going to sell out "very soon"! Maybe they measure time a little differently than we do. :hourglass

luvindisneyworld said:

Misty

Just think on the cost per point here if true. Well over 100 bucks.

Hey Good old Gal, you going to the game in September?

Back on topic, since we just bought BCV a couple of months ago I dearly hope that the Villas at CR is at least a year away if not 2. Does anyone know if there is any precedent for selling 2 resorts at the same time? Perhaps BCV and BWV? Regardless, I have to agree that Disney would be shooting themselves in the foot trying to market SSR and CR at the same time, unless CR came with a steep premium.

I don't agree that it would be foolish to sell Cr dvc at the same time. It's like comparing apples and oranges, with CR and SSR. Total different local, themeing, and points! LOL It's like comparing OKW to BWV. The latter in the middle of everything, and close to a major theme park, like CR-dvc will be again. Also, I remember reading/hearing that they were selling the next resort, while still building another, maybe BCV and VWL?

DH and me were just talking today, about we will wait to add on till either CR dvc comes through. OR Poly. :cloud9: (I know dreaming there, but want to send out some pixie dust wishes on that one, just in case.) :wizard:

I think I remember that BWV was still selling, VWL was in presale, and BCV had been announced--at one time?? Am I remembering that right?

I know that we held off buying at BWV when we heard about VWL or BCV (ended up buying at BCV).

I just talked my hubby into an add-on at BCV. Now I'll have to re-think the whole thing. We really like the contemporary. It definitely has theming *issues*, but my kids love the monorail, super game room, and marina.

Ugh, just when I get all of my points paid off . . .
Jenny

UGH! I am going to have to start working on my DH! Hopefully, I'll be able to talk him into something while we're down there in August.

BWV and OKW were still selling at the same time, but OKW sold out fairly soon after that. BWV was still being sold when VWL opened, but it was a very short common time, if memory serves. I don't believe anything else was selling when BCV was selling.

I'm very excited about this! We may have to start saving to buy some points, any idea when these would go on sale?

I think when we purchased BWV, they were selling VB too. But it may have been when we added on to BCV, they were selling VB. I know it was one or the other because our guide offered it to us because either the price was lower or the maintenance fees were lower. Didn't want VB, so I didn't save it very well in the memory bank.

But as others have mentioned... I'll believe this when I receive the postcard. It sure has been rumored for a while. More options are always a plus. For those of you wanting this, I hope your wish comes true. :wizard:

IF this comes true....

Blame me, roast me, flame me.

I was the ONE who posted (and emailed) a willingness to pay MUCH MORE per point for such an offering at that location.

Time will tell! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter