Just Spoke With My Guide About Contemporary And It Seems

Divamomto3 said:
UGH! I am going to have to start working on my DH! Hopefully, I'll be able to talk him into something while we're down there in August.

me too!!!!!! :love2: :goodvibes ;)

SSR is the only resort that's been selling by itself for any length of time, at least after OKW was the only resort. I'm sure it would have some impact but it would also entice some that don't see SSR as where they want to own.

We bought BCV on the first day it was available and as I recall VB, HH and WL were still available.

Of course, it was a presale for BCV as the resort wasn't ready when sales opened.

Just a thought, but I see the "target audiences" of SSR and Contemporary as different. I think more current members would add-on at Contemporary than would buy more SSR points.

I mean, I have no interest in more SSR points, but I'd buy COntemporary/Poly/AKL in a heartbeat, just to have another option that has the same expiration as the SSR points we own. I'd also be willing to pay MUCH more per point for one of those locations that for SSR. Does anyone know how much of new point sales are to current members vs new members? That would be an interesting stat to know...

JMHO, YMMV.

Count me as one of those who simply do not believe this is going to happen.

When we bought into BWV, you could still buy HHI and VB, and I think some OKW was still available as they had recently changed added some buildings (or maybe converted the old offices?). Anyway, there is a precedent.

CaliforniaDreaming said:
I'm very excited about this! We may have to start saving to buy some points, any idea when these would go on sale?

They started selling SSR about 9 months before it opened. And it took nearly 3 years to develop SSR from the time that it was announced. That work included full construction of the guest buildings and refurbishment of the common areas (pool, front desk, restaurant, etc.)

So, if they were to build CR villas "right", it should take at least a couple of years to demolish the existing structure and rebuild. If they decide to go the refurbishment route, it could be open sooner, but I sure wouldn't be too impressed with the level of commitment from Disney / DVC.

Also some might be enticed to buy before it sells out. We purchased VWL shortly before it sold out. We knew that if we didn't buy we wouldn't have a chance. We didn't know about these boards either! :flower:

If looking and you are shown CR then shown SSR that is quickly selling out :cool1: Yes that is what the guide said. QUICKLY
Wouldn't SSR move quicker? Possibly?

We are happy with the points we have but I would love to own at CR :banana:

Well I just called my guide and she said in no uncertain terms that there will be new offering but CR is not going to be it and in no relevent time frame so not for a year atleast.

3 years to develop SSR - what?

sorry it took less than 6 months - now if you are talking about the one before SSR - yes that took time.

with SSR however when Disney offered DVC the DI - they jumped on it and start tearing down almost immediately. building began later that year.

OKW, VB, HH and BWV were sold together

VWL, BWV, HH and VB were sold together

BCV, VWL, and VB were sold together.

SSR is the only DVC resort where the guides haven't let the new members have a choice.

I know the guides like to give new members a choice. So they will also be very pleased if this comes about.

However I can't see WDW giving this resort up. It was the first WDW resort built and the new design looks great. Especially if the rumors are true and WDW is making it into a convention Hotel again. They won't have a problem filling the rooms for a convention. But time will tell.

Especially if the rumors are true and WDW is making it into a convention Hotel again.

What rumors?
Exxon Mobil was there last October, H & R Block was there last December, and I think it was Pfizer who was there in January.

spiceycat said:
3 years to develop SSR - what?

sorry it took less than 6 months

Resort announcement: January 2002
Points went on sale: August 2003
Report opened (one building): May 2004

Time from announcement to sales: 20 months
Time from announcement to opening: 29 months

spiceycat said:
However I can't see WDW giving this resort up. It was the first WDW resort built and the new design looks great. Especially if the rumors are true and WDW is making it into a convention Hotel again. They won't have a problem filling the rooms for a convention. But time will tell.

Nevertheless, can't you see the sales speech being," It was the first, how we saw present and furture families, vacationing at the Happiest Place on Earth, and what better way to tie together the past way of vacationing, to the present way, with a Vacation Club. Ya know?! :cool1:

I would hope that would be same thought for why they could build a Villia, at Polynesian as well. :love: Does anyone know if there is physical land left by Poly to give it to DVC? Are all their buildings pretty much sold out all the time? Or could they transfer one of the other island buildings to a villa? :wizard: Here's to wishful thinking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter