Just the two of us...no dining plan, no discounts, no allergies...lots of pics! COMPLETE

LOVED Abracadabar! Had the kiddos in tow but popped in there while we were waiting for our dinner at Trattoria al Forno. What a beautiful place!

I love all your food pics!

LOVED Abracadabar! Had the kiddos in tow but popped in there while we were waiting for our dinner at Trattoria al Forno. What a beautiful place!

I love all your food pics!

I agree, very beautiful. I just wish they had some roaming magicians to make the theme more fun. Still have to try Trattoria al Forno. Thanks!

Although my husband really liked the Ale & Compass pot pie, we both agree you did much better going to Bluezoo! It is our favorite restaurant at Disney! Great to know they have a happy hour there! I need to check it out. The smokey sangria is just ok for me, as it tastes really smokey. I prefer just a glass of wine there. A CM friend of mine really likes it though. If you like really smokey, get it next trip. I plan to schedule a happy hour trip there next time.

Although my husband really liked the Ale & Compass pot pie, we both agree you did much better going to Bluezoo! It is our favorite restaurant at Disney! Great to know they have a happy hour there! I need to check it out. The smokey sangria is just ok for me, as it tastes really smokey. I prefer just a glass of wine there. A CM friend of mine really likes it though. If you like really smokey, get it next trip. I plan to schedule a happy hour trip there next time.

Well that's good to know because I was really disappointed about missing the seafood pot pie. We did love our Bluezoo Happy Hour though. And I do love smokey, but I don't love sweet. Is the sangria a really sweet version?

Well that's good to know because I was really disappointed about missing the seafood pot pie. We did love our Bluezoo Happy Hour though. And I do love smokey, but I don't love sweet. Is the sangria a really sweet version?
It is not sweet. If you like smokey you will like it.

So we left Maria & Enzo's and Husband insisted that we couldn't leave without experiencing Wine Bar George, and I wasn't about to argue with that! Especially since I had only had unsweetened iced tea at lunch. Needed something to counter-act all that caffeine. There were certainly plenty of bar seats available, so we plopped down and proceeded to have a delightful time.

IMG_20200125_131945819.jpgIMG_20200125_131954902.jpg

Everything is spotless, inviting and the wine menu is full of so many great-sounding options that it's hard to decide. Our Bartender said George personally selected every one of those 135 wines. There is literally something for everyone in every price range. Husband tried a Malbec on tap, while I went for a $10 California Cabernet. Both of us were very happy with our selections. (I tasted his and mine was much better for a dollar less. ;))

IMG_20200125_130314980.jpgIMG_20200125_130324766.jpgIMG_20200125_130544551.jpg

Honestly as crazy as the crowds were this particular week, I can't begin to imagine what the holidays had been like. We made it through the line, worked our way to the bus, waited awhile for it, then took the 20 minute ride back where we had a few minutes to kill before our Magical Express bus. By the way, how awesome IS that service? To be able to drop our bags at the front of the hotel in the morning and not worry about them until we got back to Raleigh? Certainly great as long as everything goes smoothly!

What to do for 25 minutes before one's bus to the airport? Why not try the Singing Spirits bar that we had never utilized the whole time we were there for a last Disney drink?

It was very sunny out! (of course it was, because we were leaving :laughing:) We ordered outside. Plastic glass of $9 chardonnay for me, and a never-mind-how-much-it's the last one at Disney-bourbon for Husband.

IMG_20200125_153809539.jpgIMG_20200125_153849069.jpg

Singing Spirits is connected to Intermission Food Court. You can access it from outside the hotel or inside the food court. We decided to take our drinks into the almost-empty food court for a sit-down. The only time we had lingered longer than to buy a couple bottled drinks at Intermission all week. It was in between meal times so the place was nicely almost empty.

IMG_20200125_154456260.jpgIMG_20200125_154441244.jpg

So sad your report is over but glad you went out on high notes. We love BlueZoo too and you really can't beat that happy hour. A rarity in Disneyworld.

Sorry to hear that Maria and Enzos may have gotten a little to fancy on the description for what was spaghetti and meatballs but glad it was good. As another fellow Italian strangely that is what I have cooking up for dinner tonight 🍝

Thanks again for sharing with us and most important Happy Birthday! You did 60 proud!

So sad your report is over but glad you went out on high notes. We love BlueZoo too and you really can't beat that happy hour. A rarity in Disneyworld.

Sorry to hear that Maria and Enzos may have gotten a little to fancy on the description for what was spaghetti and meatballs but glad it was good. As another fellow Italian strangely that is what I have cooking up for dinner tonight 🍝

Thanks again for sharing with us and most important Happy Birthday! You did 60 proud!

Mmmmm I bet you make good spaghetti and meatballs! Thank you for your nice comments and for coming on the journey with me. I do have more to report, but the Disney part of it is over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter