Kaye Reverse Walkers

GroovyWheeler

Earning My Ears
Does anyone have kids who use these? What do you/they like about them, or don't like about them? I've had mine since 2002, and absolutely love it because it's made my scoliosis-affected back feel "so much better" than the regular four-wheeled rollator that I had. I have the "adolescent-model" (the next size up from the adult models) and it came with a fold-down seat that I can pull down when I want to rest.

The tricky part about it, is that when my mom folds it, she has to put it up against the backseat of her station wagon, because it's so tall when it's folded.

Samantha

One of my foster sons used a Kaye walker. I felt it gave him much more freedom and also allowed him to stand more "upright" than hunched over a standard walker.His didn't have a seat but that's a nice feature. I'm glad you're happy with yours too.---Kathy

Does anyone have kids who use these? What do you/they like about them, or don't like about them? I've had mine since 2002, and absolutely love it because it's made my scoliosis-affected back feel "so much better" than the regular four-wheeled rollator that I had. I have the "adolescent-model" (the next size up from the adult models) and it came with a fold-down seat that I can pull down when I want to rest.

The tricky part about it, is that when my mom folds it, she has to put it up against the backseat of her station wagon, because it's so tall when it's folded.

Samantha
I've had Kaye walkers since I was 3. In 2006, I needed a new walker, and I switched to a Kaye Posture walker with swivel wheels. I love it!! I'm not bringing it on my family's WDW trip because walking around parks gets me tired easily.

I love the posture control walkers too. In fact, it's the model I have. The manufacturing company just came out with a new one, I think a couple of years ago, called the "PostureRest", and it's a totally different model than the posture control ones. The best thing about these kinds of walkers, is that you can get all-terrain wheels with them.

I've just ordered a set of them, as I've heard they're really awesome to have, if you have a Kaye walker. My DH and I are going to a week-long, overnight summer camp for kids and adults with disabilities, in a couple of months. The terrain at the camp, is really rough. The last time I took my walker, it was tough to get it over some of the terrain. It was because my swivel front wheels and the one way ratcheted rear wheels, weren't able to go over the terrain very well. My camp counselor had to help me lift my walker up at some of the rough spots of the terrain when our cabin group took a hike up some of the trails. This year, I'm anxious to see how it'll work with the new all-terrain wheels.

I'm bringing my Kaye walker to Disney next year, and renting an ECV, as it'll be easier on my mom and her back. She won't have to deal with lifting or taking apart my manual wheelchair at the gate to the plane.

Samantha

My youngest DD had a Kaye walker until she was about 10 or so. I thought it was a very good walker, but she got to a point that she just was not safe using a walker. I don't think she could have walked with another type of walker at all, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter