Keep or drop

Nikciburd

Mouseketeer
So a bunch of BOG reservations opened up during my dates. I grabbed a breakfast at 8:00 but it's an extra-magic hour. We already have a BOG lunch scheduled later in the week so I didn't need another lunch. BUT I do have a crystal palace reservation at 11:50 that same day of the new BOG breakfast. It's going to be hot and I'm not sure we will want both meals. The problem is that I don't have any other "sit-down" breakfasts scheduled for the entire week and any that are available now aren't really convenient to our plans. So it looks like we'll be doing a mosh-mash of quick service but more likely a yogurt in the morning (as delivered by garden grocer or amazon prime). That's how we normally eat anyway but I just thought one "nice" breakfast should be fun.

What would you do? Keep or drop.

IMO, if you're staying on-site I would plan on EMH and skip BOG breakfast. Gaston's has some indoor seating where you can get a cinnamon bun and chocolate croissants. Sleepy Hollow nutella and fruit waffles are also good to grab and there is shaded seating.

(Edited for typos.)

Last edited:
The BOG breakfast is ALOT of food in my opinion - I would not be ready to eat again by noon. Crystal Palace is a lot of food too being a buffet. I would drop one or the other. I like using my EMH so I would drop breakfast. I second Gaston's for a neat breakfast over Sleepy (not due to the waffle cause that thing is amazing!) because they have AC so if it will be warm . . . .

DROP IT!! Why would you want to give up the golden hour of EMH for an overpriced breakfast that really isn't all that good?
Thanks for making me literally LOL. You’re right. I just got a little overexcited seeing new options. I will drop it for someone else to use.

The BOG breakfast is ALOT of food in my opinion - I would not be ready to eat again by noon. Crystal Palace is a lot of food too being a buffet. I would drop one or the other. I like using my EMH so I would drop breakfast. I second Gaston's for a neat breakfast over Sleepy (not due to the waffle cause that thing is amazing!) because they have AC so if it will be warm . . . .

Thank you and you expressed my own second thoughts perfectly.

IMO, if you're staying on-site I would plan on EMH and skip BOG breakfast. Gastons's has some indoor seating where you can get a cinnamon bun and chocolate croissants. Sleepy Hollow nutella and fruit waffles are also good to grab and there is shaded seating
Thanks. I never considered Gaston’s! That’s a good idea too for my in-laws who might want to relax for a bit. My MIL isn’t a huge ride person. She’s just coming to enjoy the kids and help us out (we are paying most of it). My FIL would probably ride everything though. They are youngish grandparents at 62.

I’m in the minority who actually enjoys BOG breakfast, and I’m voting “cancel.” It’s not a PPO because of the EMH, it’s a lot of food (especially if breakfast is usually a yogurt, and you have a buffet lunch on the horizon).

Even though you do sit down and your food comes to you, it’s not exactly leisurely sit-down breakfast (especially if you’re watching the clock to use some of the EMH). Gaston’s is a great suggestion, and I’ll gladly second the Sleepy Hollow recommendation- those waffles are incredible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter