Keepin' the Magic, Keepin' the Magic...An August 2014 trip report!

thanks to everyone for the kind words!

I will definitely be writing another TR next summer...it helps with post-Disney depression!!

your trip report was awesome!! (thanks for reading along with mine!)

ok so it sounds like y'all got so much done!! love that y'all got to visit al the parks! also so happy you got to meet tiana!! and i think the photo was good it was a moment picture (the best kind)

now i wanna go to japan in epcot and see the pokemon!!

also so excited and slightly jealous that you got to see festival of fantasy parade! i hear its amazing, we were during christmas season and a Saturday right when the christmas parade became daily.

it looks like y'all had an awesome trip so much fun reading along!!

Love the report! I spent many trips in WDW as a kid in the summers but remember only the magic of course. With our own kids we've only traveled off season since they were younger. now we're in Junior High and having to do the summer thing again so I've been panicked about that thought.

You seem like you got just as much done as we normally do!! We have early risers so I think rope drop should be ok - although we've never done it since off season does not require it and we've always had the luxury of a little more laid back mornings.

But this gives me hope in our summer plans. I was actually a little bummed when I saw your next trip is June. We have similar age boys and always stay at WL and are going the beginning of August too.

Great report!

Love the report! I spent many trips in WDW as a kid in the summers but remember only the magic of course. With our own kids we've only traveled off season since they were younger. now we're in Junior High and having to do the summer thing again so I've been panicked about that thought.

You seem like you got just as much done as we normally do!! We have early risers so I think rope drop should be ok - although we've never done it since off season does not require it and we've always had the luxury of a little more laid back mornings.

But this gives me hope in our summer plans. I was actually a little bummed when I saw your next trip is June. We have similar age boys and always stay at WL and are going the beginning of August too.

Great report!
You will have a great time in August!! (sorry our dates don't match up!!) We switched it up to July this year so we'd be in the parks on my youngest DS's actual bday this time around (we're spending his birthday at Universal...our first time!) since we were there on oldest DS's bday last summer. DH will have his actual bday in the parks this year too...Once again, I'll be the only non-birthday person in the group:(

We are also early risers, which is why we got as much done as we did...I feel like we ruled rope drop before our breaks and then were able to take it easy during the evenings. I love trips in high summer...when we have fun and get a lot accomplished I feel like I'm winning at life, LOL!!!

I hope your planning is going well so far and thanks for reading!!

Stopping in from our July FB group!

I LOVED this trip report. I was so excited that it was a summer TR because I'm really nervous to go over the summer with the heat!

You have a beautiful family! Your boys look like soo much fun!

I would love to stay at WL.... It just looks so beautiful! I can see why you continue to go back. We have a few ADRs at a few of the places you mentioned in this TR so it was sooo nice to read about them!

I just have to comment on that last day of Disney. Isn't it just bittersweet? My DS cried and cried both times we left... But we always try to comfort ourselves by thinking "we'll be back."

Thanks a bunch for sharing! It's so fun to read TRs to get ready for upcoming trips!

I see a Facebook group mentioned for the month you are visiting. I am going this August and would love to find such a board

Loved your report. We're going in August and scared of the heat, so I'm so glad to see that you guys looked like you had a great time.

Loved your report. We're going in August and scared of the heat, so I'm so glad to see that you guys looked like you had a great time.

The heat and humidity can be intense, but it's nothing that can't be dealt with. Just pace yourselves, know your limits, and stay hydrated :)
Have an awesome trip!!

Just started a pre-trip report for July if any of you are interested :-)

Link in my signature :dogdance::dogdance:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter