Keys to the Kingdom Tour

I'm doing this tour in September, I can't wait! Thanks for all the tips, great to hear it was such a good experience.

We just booked the tour for our honeymoon! Quick question, we are staying on property but the tour is an hour before park opening and they say to get there early. What options are there to get from the Wilderness Lodge to MK that much before park opening? Do the boats/buses run, or are we better off taking an Uber or a taxi?

We just booked the tour for our honeymoon! Quick question, we are staying on property but the tour is an hour before park opening and they say to get there early. What options are there to get from the Wilderness Lodge to MK that much before park opening? Do the boats/buses run, or are we better off taking an Uber or a taxi?
Buses will be running.

Can you really only book the tours over the phone and not through the Disney website?
I'd be calling international and the connection is always really bad :(

Isn't TT outside?
Not exactly. This is where you eat...

8CUpVBl.jpg

DW and I did this tour on June 28th of this year. Best part of our trip! Lunch was at CHH, but they didn't offer everything to choose from when you checked in - no lobster roll. Our guide took us on three rides (HM, JC, PotC). Honestly, while the utilidors were interesting, they really weren't the best part of the tour. Our guide was excellent and made every little detail an essential part of the experience. We'd do it again in a hearbeat.

I've really enjoyed reading this thread! I'm doing the trip with my mom and stepdad in June next year while my husband hangs out with the kids at the pool. We're really big fans and cannot wait. I'm sad that the price fluctuates like that. I'm assuming that June would likely be a $99 price but we have Disney Visa's so we'll still get the discount. CHH is my mom's favorite, she will be disappointed that they've moved it but I LOVE the corn dog nuggets from Casey's so it's sounds great to me. I had no idea that they took you on rides, I'm really excited about that too.

Thanks so much for this thread! I can't wait to see what others have to say too!

I saw that they don't allow for pictures but I'm assuming you can still bring your phone as long as you keep it away, right? I'll need to keep in contact with my husband. Also, are you allowed to have a picture with your tour guide at the end?

Phones/cameras are not allowed to be out in the backstage areas. Out in the public areas it's fine to take photos. And yes, you should be able to take a photo with your guide.
I've done it three times now. The first and last tours were incredible. The middle one was ok. That guide kept interjecting his personal stories in. It was kind of off-putting.
We did two or three attractions..as already noted. Not crazy about the change in lunch venue.
There were several restroom breaks. And quite a few opportunities to sit and rest for a bit.
Each tour was a bit different. You can really tell which guides love Disney and their job. My last tour guide actually brought me to tears at one point! And I wasn't alone!
It's a great tour to do if you're traveling on your own, or just find yourself with a free morning. My middle tour (the least good one) was made better by the other people on the tour. It was quite a bit of fun talking with them.

Can you really only book the tours over the phone and not through the Disney website?
I'd be calling international and the connection is always really bad :(

Yes, unfortunately you have to call. I usually find the wait times to be lower for the Tours line than for the Dining or other lines, though.

My wife and I did the KTTK Tour last year on about our 20th visit to WDW. I can't believe we waited that long. It's such a special, fun experience that if you're a hard bitten Disney nut it should not be missed. The experience is very dependent on the Tour Leader, but I've rarely heard a bad word about any of them. Again, no details because discovering the details is most of the fun. But if you've been in MK 10 or more times and don't mind missing a morning of rides and attractions, this will absolutely satisfy.

I snagged a last minute ticket last December right before Christmas (they only take 10 during busy times) and had THE best tour guide! She was phenomenal! Lunch was at CHH at the time and we rode Jungle Cruise and Haunted Mansion.
Doing it again with my daughter for her birthday trip in October. Can't wait! So worth every penny!

I have done this tour 4 times. I loved it each time. Each guide puts their own spin on things. I like how they have the headsets so even in the back you can hear the guide. I have only eaten at CHH for this tour. And my first time taking this tour it was $49, guess it was awhile ago! Haha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter