Keys to the Kingdom Tour

cdnjason

DIS Veteran
I just completed my first solo trip, where I experience the Keys to the Kingdom Tour. WOW! I highly recommend it. I found the tour fascinating. For $79, not counting your park admission, it really is great bang for the buck.

For those who don't know, the tour lasts about 5 hours (mine was about 5 and a half), including lunch. On it, you'll learn a lot of Disney history, secrets, and you get to access the utilidors. I have a new respect for WDW after going on this tour.

I don't want to elaborate further, because I don't wish to ruin the experience for anyone who will take the tour. But, if you have any specific questions, I'd be happy to give you my opinion.

That is so nice to hear! This is a tour we have looked at a couple of times but never moved past the "that might be interesting" stage. We may have to actually try it next time! Thanks!

Thanks for the review. DH and I plan on doing this on our 30th wedding anniversary in February :)

I have to say, I am itching to spill all the details. But, that just wouldn't be fair to you. It's very impressive to see how Disney has thought of everything. You'll learn all about it on the tour.

I just completed my first solo trip, where I experience the Keys to the Kingdom Tour. WOW! I highly recommend it. I found the tour fascinating. For $79, not counting your park admission, it really is great bang for the buck.

For those who don't know, the tour lasts about 5 hours (mine was about 5 and a half), including lunch. On it, you'll learn a lot of Disney history, secrets, and you get to access the utilidors. I have a new respect for WDW after going on this tour.

I don't want to elaborate further, because I don't wish to ruin the experience for anyone who will take the tour. But, if you have any specific questions, I'd be happy to give you my opinion.

Is the age on this really 16? I'd love to take my son on this but he's not 16 quite yet

I can't wait - We have it scheduled for our trip in November!

What kind of lunch did they serve? Is it all walking?

When we did it, several years ago, we ate at Columbai Harbour House. We chose our lunch from the full menu at check in.
It is mostly all walking. We rode Haunted Mansion & something else on the tour. But other than that it was all walking

When we did it, several years ago, we ate at Columbai Harbour House. We chose our lunch from the full menu at check in.
It is mostly all walking. We rode Haunted Mansion & something else on the tour. But other than that it was all walking
So they do include rides? Just 2? So tempting but I got ADR booked up for all the days and tours seem to be in the morning only.

I am really excited about this! We have our annual family trip booked in March when I obvious can't do this tour but then in April (literally a month later, lol) my hubby has a conference in FL that we will be attending. My hubby and I haven't been on a mini trip away from our kids since our 5th anniversary (we have been married for 12 1/2 years now) lol. Anyways since I will be pretty much solo since my hubby will be at the conference I have decided to visit Magic Kingdom and Epcot on our 2 days we are there. I have also decided to to the Keys to the Kingdom tour and the UnDiscovered Future World tour. I figure tours are an awesome thing to do in Disney when you are traveling solo. I am so excited to be able to do this because I am such a disney fanatic and I can't get enough of anything Disney, lol.

we went when our DD was finally 16
worth every penny
our lunch was at liberty tree tavern - delicious - private area upstairs - and A/C

Lunch for Keys to the Kingdom is no longer at Liberty Tree Tavern; it's now served at Tomorrowland Terrace.

We are doing keys to the kingdom in November for part of my 30th birthday trip. Can't wait!

We did the KTTK tour in March 2015 and loved it! I want to take my boys when they're 16. We had lunch at CHH - have they switched to Tomorrowland Terrace? This is the first time I'm seeing that reported.

Lunch for Keys to the Kingdom is no longer at Liberty Tree Tavern; it's now served at Tomorrowland Terrace.

My kids want to treat me to this during our trip later this month. I worry about keeping up especially for five hours in the heat and humidity. Can you give me any more specifics about whether it is constant walking and standing. Are there any other breaks other than lunch?

What kind of lunch did they serve? Is it all walking?
When you check in they give you a menu with 6 or so items to choose from. It used to be at CHH. But, we ate at Tomorrowland Terrace. I had the corn dog nuggets from Casey's. Other menu items were salads, pulled pork sandwich, burger, chili dog, etc.

Yes, a lot of it is walking. But, there are points were you can sit as they give you information. And, no walking when on one of the rides. You also stop for bathroom breaks and lunch.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter