Keys to the Kingdom Tour

Is haunted mansion still one of the rides you go on? I want to do the tour this spring and really not interested in that ride.

Is haunted mansion still one of the rides you go on? I want to do the tour this spring and really not interested in that ride.
Yes. But, with the information they offer about the ride, it has become a favorite of mine now. Not saying that will be the case with you.

We did the KTTK tour in March 2015 and loved it! I want to take my boys when they're 16. We had lunch at CHH - have they switched to Tomorrowland Terrace? This is the first time I'm seeing that reported.
They changed restaurants in early July.

When you check in they give you a menu with 6 or so items to choose from. It used to be at CHH. But, we ate at Tomorrowland Terrace. I had the corn dog nuggets from Casey's. Other menu items were salads, pulled pork sandwich, burger, chili dog, etc.

Yes, a lot of it is walking. But, there are points were you can sit as they give you information. And, no walking when on one of the rides. You also stop for bathroom breaks and lunch.

I was going to do this tour a couple of weeks ago, but my flight was canceled and I didn't make it to Orlando in time. I'm hoping to fit the tour in during my January trip with my grandmother. I'm disappointed to hear about the change in lunch, but that's not a deal breaker for me. Did you only get to go on one ride?

We're signed up in early November. It's a rare trip when we don't have our kids (all well under 16) so we're taking advantage! I'm really looking forward to it. I was under the assumption the meal was at CHH, which I wasn't thrilled about, so hopefully the new meal choice is better.

I was going to do this tour a couple of weeks ago, but my flight was canceled and I didn't make it to Orlando in time. I'm hoping to fit the tour in during my January trip with my grandmother. I'm disappointed to hear about the change in lunch, but that's not a deal breaker for me. Did you only get to go on one ride?
I was looking forward to lunch at CHH. But, I love the corn dog nuggets from Casey's.

We rode Jungle Cruise and Haunted Mansion. It's all the backstage access and info that makes this tour great.

Just chiming in that I also highly recommend this tour. As mentioned above, be sure to take advantage of one of the discounts if you can. When we went, the Disney Visa discount was better than the AP discount, but from the post above, it sounds like they're the same now.

For those that don't know, how it works is you'll meet at City Hall (first building on your left after you pass under the railroad) and they'll give you a personal headset. The sound quality is quite good and you'll be able to hear your tour leader very clearly. I'd also encourage you to get there early. If you're lucky enough to get a tour that starts at (or before) park opening, you get a little time to walk around Main Street with it almost empty and you can see rope drop from the other side.

I just completed my first solo trip, where I experience the Keys to the Kingdom Tour. WOW! I highly recommend it. I found the tour fascinating. For $79, not counting your park admission, it really is great bang for the buck.

For those who don't know, the tour lasts about 5 hours (mine was about 5 and a half), including lunch. On it, you'll learn a lot of Disney history, secrets, and you get to access the utilidors. I have a new respect for WDW after going on this tour.

I don't want to elaborate further, because I don't wish to ruin the experience for anyone who will take the tour. But, if you have any specific questions, I'd be happy to give you my opinion.

Glad you enjoyed it. This is one tour I have always had interest in, so it's one of the things we plan to do on our next trip. Thanks for posting your opinion :flower3:.

When we went, the Disney Visa discount was better than the AP discount, but from the post above, it sounds like they're the same now.
Yes, it was reduced from 20% to 15% some time back.

you can see rope drop from the other side.
That is a scary scene. We were near Uptown Jewelers when they opened the park for the rope drop folks. Our guide told us the stand close to the buildings or risk getting trampled. Truly like the running of the bulls in Pamplona.

We wanted to take this tour during our upcoming Nov/Dec trip. Unfortunately, it's all sold out or not taking place at all for every day of our trip. :(

We did the tour that starts after park opening. We didn't get to see rope drop from the other side obviously, and we casually watched the welcome show without worrying about rushing anywhere. We were able to ride the main street vehicles for the first time ever which is what I had hoped to be able to do before the tour. We even had time to pick up sorcerer cards while in the area and hang out in the the confectionery.

Have a tour booked for November. Not happy to hear they changed restaurants as I love CHH. Hope they have other options for lunch than what is listed above at the new dining place.

Lunch seemed air conditioned just fine at Tomorrowland Terrace.
When I called today it was $90 after the Visa discount. Does anyone know what dictates the price?
Woah! I paid $71 after discount. Sorry, I'm guessing they recently increased their price.

Lunch seemed air conditioned just fine at Tomorrowland Terrace.

Woah! I paid $71 after discount. Sorry, I'm guessing they recently increased their price.

On the official Disney site it says $79-$99, so I guess we just fall into the $99 window.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter