Kid Club Registration

leannak

DIS Veteran
I keep seeing that I'm supposed to get to the kids clubs on the first day to register my children. (This is our first cruise.) I filled out the information online - is there more I need to do on ship? I have kids who are ages that can go to two different programs (ages 3, 11 and 14) - do I need to complete duplicate registrations or anything? Thank you for any help you can give me!!

The 3 and 11 yr olds will need to get the Oceaneer's club/lab magic band for access to those clubs--it can either be done at checkin at the port or at the clubs. They put a 'lock' on the band so it can't come off during the cruise. The magic band can be returned the last night, or for $12.95 you can keep it. For the 11 yr old you will probably also want to sign the form allowing that child to sign out of the club on their own. (You have to be 8+ to get that privilege.)

For the 11 and 14 yr old kids--both Edge and Vibe, the counselors have the names of all the kids in those age ranges--you can stop by the club, they'll check off their names and put a sticker on their key card.

The 14 year old does not need registered, if the 11 year old wants to attend the Oceaneer's Club/Lab (ages 3-12) then they need the registration completed. Once onboard the 3 year old (as long as they are potty trained) and the 11 year old if interested can go to the Oceaneer's Club/Lab onboard or to the counter in the terminal. For the 11 and 14 year old stop by Edge to get a sticker for their room key. Depending on what ship you are on the 14 year old will either get a sticker or a new key card in Vibe.

The 3 and 11 yr olds will need to get the Oceaneer's club/lab magic band for access to those clubs--it can either be done at checkin at the port or at the clubs. They put a 'lock' on the band so it can't come off during the cruise. The magic band can be returned the last night, or for $12.95 you can keep it. For the 11 yr old you will probably also want to sign the form allowing that child to sign out of the club on their own. (You have to be 8+ to get that privilege.)

For the 11 and 14 yr old kids--both Edge and Vibe, the counselors have the names of all the kids in those age ranges--you can stop by the club, they'll check off their names and put a sticker on their key card.

FYI- They will not put a lock on the 3yr old. Apparently its a choking hazard, only for 4 yr and up.

It is so much easier to do the online registration before boarding. The club is very busy the first day with people trying to register. They will get their bands during check in at the port.

I did registration at the port, it was a short line and I didn't have to worry about ANYTHING kids club related upon boarding!

When we checked in at Miami we didn't have to go to a separate line like in PC for our first cruise to get the bands. My kids got their bands where we got our keycards etc. Do they still do a separate kid club check in at PC? Or is it all done at the first counter like in Miami?

When we checked in at Miami we didn't have to go to a separate line like in PC for our first cruise to get the bands. My kids got their bands where we got our keycards etc. Do they still do a separate kid club check in at PC? Or is it all done at the first counter like in Miami?
Getting the band at check in is new everywhere. It's so much easier this way!

It is at the check-in desk now at PC?! That will be so much faster!
Should be. My last two cruises were Vancouver and Barcelona so someone who has more recent experience should confirm. However, because club registration is part of online check-in, there would be no need to do it at another place unless you don't complete that part fully.

OK so if i did the online forms, everything I'm seeing online that says I need to get right to the kids clubs the first day for "registration" is no longer true? I thought maybe the kids who were at the ages for two different clubs needed two separate documents filled out or something.

Are you saying the bands can't come off at all on the cruise? Even to sleep?
I'm imaging lots of complaints about this from some kids.

My dd was 12, and had no issue wearing it 24/7--she's used to wearing them at Disney World. I've heard that the staff can take off the lock and put a new one on the next day if need be. They use the bands to track the kids inside the clubs--so if you wanted to pick your kid up, they know exactly where they are.

We cruised this past March from PC and dd got her band when we checked in at the port. My dd was able to slip her band off, it had the lock on it, but it wasn't very tight. We had it made tighter and she didn't complain about it. She wanted it as a keepsake so we bought it for her. She ended up wearing it for several months, non-stop, after the cruise . Just keep in mind that if it gets lost, you will have to pay for it.

OK so if i did the online forms, everything I'm seeing online that says I need to get right to the kids clubs the first day for "registration" is no longer true? I thought maybe the kids who were at the ages for two different clubs needed two separate documents filled out or something.

We cruised this past March from PC and dd got her band when we checked in at the port. My dd was able to slip her band off, it had the lock on it, but it wasn't very tight. We had it made tighter and she didn't complain about it. She wanted it as a keepsake so we bought it for her. She ended up wearing it for several months, non-stop, after the cruise . Just keep in mind that if it gets lost, you will have to pay for it.

There you go. Confirmation from PC. Seems like this is the norm at all ports now.

They will take it off each time or at the end of the day if you ask them; they just have have the lock put back on again when they go back to the club so that they can keep track of all the kids.

We registered online and had no additional paperwork once we got to the Oceaneer's Club. But for It's a Small World nursery, we had to fill out an additional form when we checked in.

My daughter doesn’t complain because she knows she can’t go without it, and she doesn’t want to go all the way down to the club and forget to put it back on. They get used to it. By the last night, she is happy to get it off.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but before they began using the magic band type band, wasn't it a bulkier tag on a wristband that had to be worn all cruise? The current band is nothing compared to this
80e65f5eecf6e5850002cfc632934aac--disney-tips-disney-disney.jpg

Carnival has the kids wear wristbands that can't be taken off without a scissor, and are expected to wear them 24/7. It's so if there is an emergency, they know which muster station to take the kids to, if they are not with, or get separated from, their parents.

I assume Disney uses the magic bands to keep track of muster stations for the kids as well? If so, I suggest they wear them 24/7 also.

My 7 year old who normally complains about this kinda of thing didn't complain about it at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter