Kidani question

kid-at-heart

DIS Veteran
Soon, very soon, :) we will be staying at Kidani in a one bedroom villa, savannah view. We would like to be on the side closest to Jambo. What should I ask for when making my request?
Knowing it is a request, not a guarantee.

Thanks much!
Kate

When you say side, do you mean the side of the horns closer to Jambo or the inside of the horns so you face Jambo (if that makes since)? If you want to be close to Jambo request just that, if you want the view of Jambo request the Sunset Savannah.

We'll be there very soon too so maybe we'll see you there!

Your optional requests:

1. Sunset savanna view. It is Sunset that is the largest savavanna and also serves Jambo and has giraffes. Pembe is the other Kidani savanna and has no giraffes.

2. Close to lobby. All savanna view rooms anywhere near the lobby have Sunset savanna view and thus that is a given with close to the lobby request. The reason to request close to lobby? The building has a north and south wing and the walk from lobby to room can be up to 1/3 mile, or more than 5 minutes normal adult pace, 8 or more minutes with little ones. Close to lobby puts you near all amenities such as store, restaurant, community hall, bus stop and pool.

3. Close to Community Hall or close to Timon elevator.Those are similar to the close to lobby request but are requests for near the lobby on the south wing, and give you shortest walk to buses. As with close to lobby, those assume within them Sunset savanna view.

4. Close to Rafiki elevator, Sunset savanna view. That would put you on the north wing a little ways from the lobby but would give you the shortest walk to the pool off the Rafiki elevator? For that one you also want to request Sunset savanna view because there are also Pembe view rooms somewhat near that elevator.

5. If what you are actually asking is to have the shortest possible walk to Jambo, then request close to the Zazu elevator. That is somewhat near the end of the south wing which runs toward Jambo and from any room in that area you need to take the Zazu elevator to the ground level to be able to walk to Jambo.

Thanks much. I think I understand. Our goal is a "shorter" walk to Jambo while still being near Kidani's lobby. We stayed at Kidani years ago and were about as far from Jambo as we could be. So, if I request "Sunset view" close to community hall, would that put us near the lobby and still in the wing closest to Jambo. Is that wing called the south wing? The pool is not important to us. Walking is our main issue and being close to Kidani's lobby and having a reasonable walk time to Jambo would be a bonus.

What animals are on the Sunset savannah?

A week to go, we are getting excited.

Kate

If you request a short walk to Jambo then requesting sunset is redundant; all savannah views on that side of the horns are sunset (pembe is on the outside of the horns past the pool). I think you should just request a short walk to Jambo (just one request) and you're likely to get what you're looking for. The more requests you make the more chance for confusion!

The main entrance to the lobby of Kidani faces west. It is the south wing that runs toward Jambo. All savanna view rooms in the south wing face Sunset savanna. The community hall is in that south wing, close to the lobby. It and the Timon elevator are close to an exit to the bus stop area which is also along the south wing. Requesting near community hall or near the Timon elevator would put you in that south wing near both the lobby and the bus stop. That gives you a shorter walk to Jambo than anything on the north wing but does not give you the shortest walk to Jambo. If goal is shortest walk to Jambo and you do not mind being far from the Kidani lobby, then you would want a room toward the end of the south wing near the Zazu elevator. Requesting near that elevator, or near end of south wing, or being close to Jambo, would all accomplish that result.

The main entrance to the lobby of Kidani faces west. It is the south wing that runs toward Jambo. All savanna view rooms in the south wing face Sunset savanna. The community hall is in that south wing, close to the lobby. It and the Timon elevator are close to an exit to the bus stop area which is also along the south wing. Requesting near community hall or near the Timon elevator would put you in that south wing near both the lobby and the bus stop. That gives you a shorter walk to Jambo than anything on the north wing but does not give you the shortest walk to Jambo. If goal is shortest walk to Jambo and you do not mind being far from the Kidani lobby, then you would want a room toward the end of the south wing near the Zazu elevator. Requesting near that elevator, or near end of south wing, or being close to Jambo, would all accomplish that result.

Perfect! Thank you everyone. Now I have a picture in my head of where I want to be and how to ask for where I want to be.

Kate

this is a related question. We just toured Kidani (we were staying at Jambo) and we loved the room we looked out of.. it was the room the DVC Guide showed us. anyone know what savannah the DVC "example"room looks out on to???We tried to re locate it with a map now that we are at home, but we can't remember for sure which way we went, lol!

TIA!

PS have a great trip! we Loooooved AKL. We don't have enough points for a savanah view...for now, but i want to know for the future. :) :)

this is a related question. We just toured Kidani (we were staying at Jambo) and we loved the room we looked out of.. it was the room the DVC Guide showed us. anyone know what savannah the DVC "example"room looks out on to???We tried to re locate it with a map now that we are at home, but we can't remember for sure which way we went, lol!

TIA!

PS have a great trip! we Loooooved AKL. We don't have enough points for a savanah view...for now, but i want to know for the future. :) :)

I am glad you jumped in. That means I asked a good question. ::)

I just spent an hour and 20 minutes on the phone as this wonderful CM straighten out my "magical disney experience" website and bands. We had linked reservations and MDE was not recognizing all our reservations. Geezee, I hope things run smoother once we are actually onsite. Meanwhile, I managed to cook our entire dinner for tonight while the CMs fixed our problems. Yea for speaker phones.

this is a related question. We just toured Kidani (we were staying at Jambo) and we loved the room we looked out of.. it was the room the DVC Guide showed us. anyone know what savannah the DVC "example"room looks out on to???We tried to re locate it with a map now that we are at home, but we can't remember for sure which way we went)

Any tours of Kidani rooms would not be of any special room but instead of one that just happens to be unoccupied at the time. Likely you were in a room that overlooked the Sunset savanna since 80% of all savanna view rooms at Kidani face Sunset and all the savanna view rooms anywhere near the lobby are Sunset view and I assume the guide did not take you too far from the lobby area. If you remember seeing a huge savanna and the Jambo building then it was Sunset. Same answer if you saw a giraffe since Pembe savanna has no giraffes.

Pembe savanna has no zebra, either. It has Okapi, several varieties on antelope, some birds, and cattle. It is beyond the pool, and the Okapi tend to stay in the trees at the back of the savanna area.

I'm trying to figure out how long the walks might be from our room to the lobby. We have only stayed at POP Century and Art of Animation. Last year at Art of Animation we were in the Little Mermaid rooms, is Jambo a lot bigger than AofA? Could our walks be longer than that?

Trying to decide if we want Jambo or Kidani in June.

I have never stayed at AoA, but I have stayed at the All Stars. Mainly, we have stayed at Kidani. Depending on where you are at Kidani, you may walk 5 min inside to get to the lobby, if you happen to get the furthest room from the lobby. If you get the furthest room from the lobby at Kidani and the side closest Jambo, it might be only a 5-10 min to the lobby at Jambo. I think that the furthest rooms from the lobby at All Star are a longer walk, outside, than at Kidani.

I'm trying to figure out how long the walks might be from our room to the lobby. We have only stayed at POP Century and Art of Animation. Last year at Art of Animation we were in the Little Mermaid rooms, is Jambo a lot bigger than AofA? Could our walks be longer than that?

Trying to decide if we want Jambo or Kidani in June.

If you were in the Mermaid section and you were in the last building furthest from the bus stop then the walk from there to the bus stop is just a little shorter than the distance for the walk from the Kidani lobby to the rooms at the end of its north wing (which is all down one long hallway). It is somewhat shorter to end of south wing from lobby at Kidani. If at Jambo, the distance to the end of the wings is just a little more than half of what it would be from the last Mermaid building to the bus stop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter