Kidani Room Request

hamilkm

DIS Veteran
We just swapped our July 22-28 trip from a one bedroom at CC to a one bedroom Savannah view at Kidani. This is a huge points splurge for us as we usually always stay in studios! We are hopeful to get park reservations, but will he going anyway. We will be driving to all parks, so with the underground parking we aren’t too worried about being close to the lobby or bus stop. We would like to be close to the pool and want the best Savannah view we can get. I think my dad and 2 year old will spend half the trip on the balcony watching animals! What exactly to I need to request? We have stayed there before but only in a standard studio, so I asked for close to lobby and bus. Thanks! We are so excited for this summer get away and swapped to Kidani with a view for a nice relaxing trip.

Kidani 1 BR is AMAZING! The 2 baths is WONDERFUL!

We LOVED the twilight safari at Kidani in January. If they are offering a dining or twilight safari during your stay I would recommend that you splurge on that.

Sanaa was also a big hit for 3 of us, but the 4th is a notorious picky eater.

My thoughts about rooms depends on if you get park reservations. If you end up going to the parks, request a near lobby or near elevator as those hallways are freakishly long. Seriously, you won't believe how long they are until you are walking them! If you are going back and forth to your room less, I would recommend a lower floor to be closer to the animals.

I am making offers on DVC currently after our January trip because we loved the Kidani 1BR so much....

Last edited:
Kidani 1 BR is AMAZING! The 2 baths is WONDERFUL!

We LOVED the twilight safari at Kidani in January. If they are offering a dining or twilight safari during your stay I would recommend that you splurge on that.

Sanaa was also a big hit for 3 of us, but the 4th is a notorious picky eater.

My thoughts about rooms depends on if you get park reservations. If you end up going to the parks, request a near lobby or near elevator as those hallways are freakishly long. Seriously, you won't believe how long they are until you are walking them! If you are going back and forth to your room less, I would recommend a lower floor to be closer to the animals.

I am making offers on DVC currently after our January trip because we loved the Kidani 1BR so much....
We are so excited about it! We are driving to all the parks, so that will make the walking a little less since we can park by the elevator closest to our room. I’m thinking asking for sunset Savannah close to the closest elevator to the pool. My 2 year old is obsessed with pools!

Make request for Sunset savanna view room, close to the Rafiki elevator. If you get that request, you will have good views, not excessively long walks to any amenities, and the shortest possible trip to the pool, via that elevator to parking lot floor, and then a short walk to a gate to the pool.

Mentioned above is a "near lobby" or "near elevator" request. Likely, you should avoid both of those requests. A near lobby request is made by large numbers to avoid long walks (more than 1/3 mile) from end rooms to lobby, with the result that many do not get that request because too many request it, and are, instead, often given rooms near the end of the wing having those excessively long walks. Making a close to "elevator" request without naming the specific elevator is pointless because there are three elevators spread out along each of the two wings and every room in the building is "close to an elevator."

Last edited:

Make request for Sunset savanna view room, close to the Rafiki elevator. If you get that request, you will have good views, not excessively long walks to any amenities, and the shortest possible trip to the pool, via that elevator to parking lot floor, and then a short walk to a gate to the pool.

Mentioned above is a "near lobby" or "near elevator" request. Likely, you should avoid both of those requests. A near lobby request is made by large numbers to avoid long walks (more than 1/3 mile) from end rooms to lobby, with the result that many do not get that request because too many request it, and are, instead, often given rooms near the end of the wing having those excessively long walks. Making a close to "elevator" request without naming the specific elevator is pointless because there are three elevators spread out along each of the two wings and every room in the building is "close to an elevator."
Thanks! I knew there was a specific name for the elevator closest to the pool, but I couldn’t remember what it was!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter