Kidcot To "Retire" "Duffy On A Stick"

I’m in the total opposite camp I wish Duffy and friends took off as well in the US like they have in Asia
I'm an adult. DH is an adult. We have loved Duffy from the instant we saw him. We have Duffy & ShellieMay in our family room. When we went to Aulani, we bought them Aulani robes. We have had stressful times in our life as of late and they make us smile. We think it's a real shame that Asia adores him/them and US doesn't. Sad.

There is nothing like a Teddy Bear.

From Disney, will begin on 7/15:

"This new experience will provide Guests with traveler’s cards and stickers at every country in World Showcase. It also provides an exclusive, complimentary Kidcot Ziploc brand bag, designed to resemble a traveler’s suitcase, for transporting their traveler’s cards."

From Disney, will begin on 7/15:

"This new experience will provide Guests with traveler’s cards and stickers at every country in World Showcase. It also provides an exclusive, complimentary Kidcot Ziploc brand bag, designed to resemble a traveler’s suitcase, for transporting their traveler’s cards."

I like this....sounds more portable then carrying around 4 sticks for my kids!

So will the cards and stickers still be complimentary? Or only the ziploc bag? Not that I don't trust Disney or anything ...

FWIW,in talking with a Kidcot CM today,they said that once all the Duffy Masks are gone,they "thought" the new design will be some sort of Passport,possibly a "suitcase design".:)
The CM indeed knew what they were talking about!(attention Bus Drivers!lol)

So at least I wasn't crazy in thinking those Ziploc signs were new when we were there 2 weeks ago! :rotfl:

Hope the coloring part stays, we enjoy that part a lot - it balances out the adults and kids Epcot "needs" really well.

We are heading to Disney today!!!! We will be there 2 weeks, with several Epcot stops, so I will report back. Last I heard, they were still giving out the Duffys until they are all gone, so I wonder if we will even get the new things or not. Fingers Crossed! Our first Epcot Day is on Monday.

So will the cards and stickers still be complimentary? Or only the ziploc bag? Not that I don't trust Disney or anything ...
I think they would have mentioned it in the announcement if there was a charge.
The CM indeed knew what they were talking about!(attention Bus Drivers!lol)
What about former bus drivers? There are at least two that I know of on here.

But I wonder if the colouring will be gone.
If it is it's because of the complaints from markers. I know a whole lot of mom's that complained that their kids got markers on their clothes. They wanted crayons, which are likely not a great idea due to breakage (or even getting soft in the heat). So it may be a case where they can't win, complaints from markers, complaints from no coloring.

I hope they find a way to keep the coloring though. DGD loves it, even though she's pushing 11

I wonder if they’re going to be like the country information cards they were already giving out, or if it’ll be something new.

Any of y'all there now, if you don't mind, post a photo when you get a chance. Would love to see it

If it is it's because of the complaints from markers. I know a whole lot of mom's that complained that their kids got markers on their clothes. They wanted crayons, which are likely not a great idea due to breakage (or even getting soft in the heat). So it may be a case where they can't win, complaints from markers, complaints from no coloring.

I hope they find a way to keep the coloring though. DGD loves it, even though she's pushing 11

The bolded above has got to be one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. Some people will complain about anything.

I was worry about that. I always carried a few crayons with me for the grandkids to use.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter