Kids admission to Sea World $5!!!

Just wanted to update:

Hubby asked Sea World rep this morning by phone if the kids' $5.00 ticket counted for 2nd day free, and she emphatically said, "No." Only the adult tickets count as they are a full price ticket.

Not sure if this is true or not, so I wanted to alert people to what my hubby was told this morning when he called for clarification about Canadians buying these tickets.

HTH, Tiger

I don't see how this is any different that what Disney does. Disney offers certain people/groups certain discounts. If you don't have a pin code or qualify that "group", you don't get that discount. Sea World has set this up so an entire country can get a deal.

I suppose that if you only had one child and were concerned about not being able to get the "2nd day free" for them you could just buy two $5 child tickets, one for each day, and still come out way ahead. Assuming you've got two adults going, of course. :thumbsup2

I suppose that if you only had one child and were concerned about not being able to get the "2nd day free" for them you could just buy two $5 child tickets, one for each day, and still come out way ahead. Assuming you've got two adults going, of course. :thumbsup2

Yep, I thought of that and it would be a great deal. We have 4 kids, though, so it wouldn't work for us.

Just wanted to update:

Hubby asked Sea World rep this morning by phone if the kids' $5.00 ticket counted for 2nd day free, and she emphatically said, "No." Only the adult tickets count as they are a full price ticket.

Not sure if this is true or not, so I wanted to alert people to what my hubby was told this morning when he called for clarification about Canadians buying these tickets.

HTH, Tiger

Thanks for sharing. Boy, it's frustrating to get different answers from different official reps. The one I spoke with about it actually put me on hold because she wanted to make sure she had the official document about it before telling me that we COULD get the 2nd day if we specifically asked for it before leaving. I don't know - I'm leaning towards just playing it safe and getting the regular priced tickets.

Thanks for sharing. Boy, it's frustrating to get different answers from different official reps. The one I spoke with about it actually put me on hold because she wanted to make sure she had the official document about it before telling me that we COULD get the 2nd day if we specifically asked for it before leaving. I don't know - I'm leaning towards just playing it safe and getting the regular priced tickets.

I wonder if they have Disney CMs working there? :rotfl2:

Good luck with your tickets - maybe because the promo is so new, they still have to work out the fine details.

Tiger :)

Bummer, just bought our tickets a couple of days ago. Though we are planning to take advantage of the 2nd day free so maybe it would not have worked for us anyway.

If you were already planning on taking a trip over to sea world... what makes the difference if you can't take advantage of a US only promo?? People from out of state still visit the parks, even though they can't get a fun card.

And for disney... they offer some major discounts to european countries on tickets. And you have to have a europe billing address. As well as FL resident, we can get 3 days for 99$ vs 1 day for 85$.
Southern Cali residents get the option of ez pay plan, but northern cali residents don't for disney land.

I don't understand your reasoning... either you want to go or you don't...

If you were already planning on taking a trip over to sea world... what makes the difference if you can't take advantage of a US only promo?? People from out of state still visit the parks, even though they can't get a fun card.

And for disney... they offer some major discounts to european countries on tickets. And you have to have a europe billing address. As well as FL resident, we can get 3 days for 99$ vs 1 day for 85$.
Southern Cali residents get the option of ez pay plan, but northern cali residents don't for disney land.

I don't understand your reasoning... either you want to go or you don't...

Is this in reference to me? We weren't going to Sea World - $40,000 to DVC says we stay at Disney.:thumbsup2 But, when we heard of the promo, we thought we might surprise the kids with a couple of days there at the end of our normal 13 day WDW July trip.

After spending a ton o cash on Disney APs each year, I'm not interested in paying full price for Sea World tix. Last time we were there, we thought the park had really gone downhill. We also thought it was nice that they were giving some of the cost back to the animals.

I was surprised that it was a U.S. only promo. Disney and Universal haven't excluded countries in years, so it surprised me that Sea World would.

Enjoy your trips, Tiger :)

Is this in reference to me? We weren't going to Sea World - $40,000 to DVC says we stay at Disney.:thumbsup2 But, when we heard of the promo, we thought we might surprise the kids with a couple of days there at the end of our normal 13 day WDW July trip.

After spending a ton o cash on Disney APs each year, I'm not interested in paying full price for Sea World tix. Last time we were there, we thought the park had really gone downhill. We also thought it was nice that they were giving some of the cost back to the animals.

I was surprised that it was a U.S. only promo. Disney and Universal haven't excluded countries in years, so it surprised me that Sea World would.

Enjoy your trips, Tiger :)

If you weren't going to Sea World anyway then what is the problem?

I don't understand how "spending a ton o cash on Disney APs" has anything to do with Sea World. Sea World already offers a pay for day and get the second day free. As far as I know it is open to everyone with a full price ticket. So Sea World is not "excluding" any country.

If you weren't going to Sea World anyway then what is the problem?

I don't understand how "spending a ton o cash on Disney APs" has anything to do with Sea World. Sea World already offers a pay for day and get the second day free. As far as I know it is open to everyone with a full price ticket. So Sea World is not "excluding" any country.

I'm not understanding what the problem is...? The Sea World Cares kids $5.00 promo is exclusionary as it's for U.S. residents only. We discovered that when we were on the website checking out the promo. We thought about taking advantage of the $5.00 promo as it's heavily discounted. As I said, we already spend a mint on Disney Annual Passes each year, and own DVC, so we spend our money at Disney - we don't visit any other parks. But, since Sea World was offering the $5.00 kids promo, we thought it would be cool to take the kids as a surprise, as the cost of tickets is discounted. We never considered Sea World until we heard about the $5.00 promo, but we won't be visiting there as we can't take advantage of this promo.

Not sure what the problem is with what I've said...? Thanks, Tiger

I'm not understanding what the problem is...? The Sea World Cares kids $5.00 promo is exclusionary as it's for U.S. residents only. We discovered that when we were on the website checking out the promo. We thought about taking advantage of the $5.00 promo as it's heavily discounted. As I said, we already spend a mint on Disney Annual Passes each year, and own DVC, so we spend our money at Disney - we don't visit any other parks. But, since Sea World was offering the $5.00 kids promo, we thought it would be cool to take the kids as a surprise, as the cost of tickets is discounted. We never considered Sea World until we heard about the $5.00 promo, but we won't be visiting there as we can't take advantage of this promo.

Not sure what the problem is with what I've said...? Thanks, Tiger

I still don't understand how spending money at WDW has anything to do with buying Sea World tickets.

Yes, Sea World is offering a 5.00 special for people living in the US. You don't live in the US so you can't make use of the offer.
How is that any different than getting a DVC discount on a Disney AP? If you don't belong to DVC you can't use the discount.:confused3 You don't meet the terms of one discount. You can still get TWO days for approx 70.00 a person.

It is a shame you are not considering Sea World. It is a lot of fun and kids really seem to enjoy it. The animals are more "hands" on and we enjoy the shows.

I am glad to see quite a few people will be taking avantage of this deal (and others) to enjoy a day(s) at Sea World. Have fun everyone!

tiger I totally understand what you are saying. We have ap's so to shell out extra money on this tripto go to sea world dosen't make sense better to save it for a trip we don't have ap's.

Do to mnsshp not starting till mid september our ap's will have expired////we are actually thinking of going to sea world. We can only go for one day so this promo would have been perfect BUT we are canadian. It is disapointing. I found sea world expensive if you can only go one day....if you can go back the 2nd great but we can't.

we live near marineland and dd loves it I would love to take her to sea world.

tiger I totally understand what you are saying. We have ap's so to shell out extra money on this tripto go to sea world dosen't make sense better to save it for a trip we don't have ap's.

Do to mnsshp not starting till mid september our ap's will have expired////we are actually thinking of going to sea world. We can only go for one day so this promo would have been perfect BUT we are canadian. It is disapointing. I found sea world expensive if you can only go one day....if you can go back the 2nd great but we can't.

we live near marineland and dd loves it I would love to take her to sea world.

Exactly! Not sure what is difficult to understand about the situation...? Tiger :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter