• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kids CS Credits & Menus FAQ & Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I called yesterday after giving this some thought. We are going for 8 days and it was $28.50 each to upgrade my 2 sons that are 7 and 9.

I called back today to confirm everything because on Sunday, it took over 2 hrs for the CM to make that one little change, and she kept deleting and adding kids, transportation, etc., so I panicked and wanted to make sure everything carried over with our Magic Bands.

In the end I'm sure I will be glad I upgraded them as they do eat like little piggies! But dear Mickey, please let our Magic Bands work when we arrive!

So I called yesterday after giving this some thought. We are going for 8 days and it was $28.50 each to upgrade my 2 sons that are 7 and 9.

I called back today to confirm everything because on Sunday, it took over 2 hrs for the CM to make that one little change, and she kept deleting and adding kids, transportation, etc., so I panicked and wanted to make sure everything carried over with our Magic Bands.

In the end I'm sure I will be glad I upgraded them as they do eat like little piggies! But dear Mickey, please let our Magic Bands work when we arrive!

I wonder why the difference in prices? I just looked back at what the price was when I first booked our trip and then what I paid off with my DGS upgraded to an adult and it was $21.50. Our trip is for 8 days/7 nights. I know it's not alot but it is just strange there is such a difference. Could it be that we are at POP with QS?

I called last night and added it for $21.30 for my son. The first cast member transferred me to Disney dining cause she didn't know what she was doing. They tried transferring me back and disconnected me. Oops. Then got thru to someone who understood. At first she quoted me $36. We couldn't understand why it was higher until she realized I'm less than 14 days from arrival. They charge an extra $15 for changes less than 14 days out. She was able to get the $15 waved and we should be good.

She said my Disney experience would probably prompt me to change his age and a notification might pop up. I went in and saw nothing. I manually went into his profile and changed his age. What did everyone else experience with this? Did they prompt you to update something? Am I good to go or do I need to change anything else?

Thanks

Eva

I called last night and added it for $21.30 for my son. The first cast member transferred me to Disney dining cause she didn't know what she was doing. They tried transferring me back and disconnected me. Oops. Then got thru to someone who understood. At first she quoted me $36. We couldn't understand why it was higher until she realized I'm less than 14 days from arrival. They charge an extra $15 for changes less than 14 days out. She was able to get the $15 waved and we should be good.

She said my Disney experience would probably prompt me to change his age and a notification might pop up. I went in and saw nothing. I manually went into his profile and changed his age. What did everyone else experience with this? Did they prompt you to update something? Am I good to go or do I need to change anything else?

Thanks

Eva

I was never prompted and I never changed his birthdate but after they made the change to show him a Disney adult all my reservations show him as 10 and I just clicked on the edit button next to his name and he is showing a birthdate of 2004 making him 10 :thumbsup2
Good thing she was able to wave the $15! A little pixie dust to start your trip! I love it! :goodvibes

Just ask. i'm not sure am I right or wrong. However,if we have 2 kids (under 10y) and 2 adult and we have ddp with 1 TS and 1CS+ 1 snack/Person/day

I realize that kids need to order kids meal and that we can´t order 3 adult meal same time with ddp, But can we order for examples 2 adult breakfast (CS) and share them and lunch time order 2 adult CS meal (DDP) and buy 1 adult meal in cash and share them and evening use all our TS credits?

This is just hypotetic question, because I don`t know when we have possibilities to visit wdw, perhaps 2016 or not, so things can change. But now we usually eat many times per day but not much food at time

And sorry my english is not fluent, because it is not my motherlanguage.

I called today to upgrade DS to the adult DP and the dude I talked to spent more time reading off of his screen than actually trying to figure out what I needed. He seriously read all of my info and details to me like I didn't know who I was! He had no idea what I was asking for so he asked his supervisor. He came back on the phone with two options: (1) I could upgrade DS but it would affect my tickets and I'd have to pay the difference on BOTH DP and tix or (2) I could just simply pay the difference in entrée pricing EACH TIME DS wanted to order something from the adult menu. I've never had such a strange experience with a CM! Uh, no thanks.

I guess I will just try and call again to see if I can get a different person.

:confused3

Don't do it if you already have FP selections! I upgrades my DS8 and we lost all his FP including the coveted A&E and 7DMR. That is my warning to you!!

QUOTE="absolutmey;52378540"]I called today to upgrade DS to the adult DP and the dude I talked to spent more time reading off of his screen than actually trying to figure out what I needed. He seriously read all of my info and details to me like I didn't know who I was! He had no idea what I was asking for so he asked his supervisor. He came back on the phone with two options: (1) I could upgrade DS but it would affect my tickets and I'd have to pay the difference on BOTH DP and tix or (2) I could just simply pay the difference in entrée pricing EACH TIME DS wanted to order something from the adult menu. I've never had such a strange experience with a CM! Uh, no thanks. I guess I will just try and call again to see if I can get a different person. :confused3[/QUOTE]

I called today to upgrade DS to the adult DP and the dude I talked to spent more time reading off of his screen than actually trying to figure out what I needed. He seriously read all of my info and details to me like I didn't know who I was! He had no idea what I was asking for so he asked his supervisor. He came back on the phone with two options: (1) I could upgrade DS but it would affect my tickets and I'd have to pay the difference on BOTH DP and tix or (2) I could just simply pay the difference in entrée pricing EACH TIME DS wanted to order something from the adult menu. I've never had such a strange experience with a CM! Uh, no thanks.

I guess I will just try and call again to see if I can get a different person.

:confused3

If you don't have free dining, then the CM is correct. You will have to buy adult tickets and pay the adult price for dining for your child.

However, you CANNOT pay the difference in entree pricing at the restaurant. You either get him a kid's meal with his kid's credit, or you pay OOP for the entire meal and end up with leftover kid's credits.

If you don't have free dining, then the CM is correct. You will have to buy adult tickets and pay the adult price for dining for your child.

However, you CANNOT pay the difference in entree pricing at the restaurant. You either get him a kid's meal with his kid's credit, or you pay OOP for the entire meal and end up with leftover kid's credits.

I do have free dining! I read lots of previous posts on this thread and thought I met the criteria for an upgrade. Oh well - I plan to try one more time today. Thanks! :)

I do have free dining! I read lots of previous posts on this thread and thought I met the criteria for an upgrade. Oh well - I plan to try one more time today. Thanks! :)

We were able to do it and it did not mess up our fastpasses. It was $13 per child (we had 2 day park hopper, but stayed 6 days in the resort).

We were able to do it and it did not mess up our fastpasses. It was $13 per child (we had 2 day park hopper, but stayed 6 days in the resort).

Lucky! I upgraded my son to an adult. (Free dining too) paid $21 for upgrade to the tickets and then all of fastpasses were gone. Maybe my CM was inexperienced and didn't know what he was doing. I got most of them back, minus the A&E and 7DMR.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this forum! I had no idea you could upgrade the park ticket during free dining so that the kiddo could order off the adult menu. My daughter (9) is a good eater. I had planned on sharing my adult meals with her or paying out of pocket for extras if needed. My TA called today and got her upgraded to an adult ticket for the $21! So excited that she can enjoy the same foods as we do and I don't need to share! :cool1: Thanks for the tip!

So excited to get on here to ask a question and find you talking about exactly what I was going to ask! Upgrading my daughter now!

So excited to get on here to ask a question and find you talking about exactly what I was going to ask! Upgrading my daughter now!

Mickeynov08 do you already have your FP's? If so and you upgrade can you let me know if the upgrade affects the FP for the child you upgraded? I am so worried about losing mine!

Mickeynov08 do you already have your FP's? If so and you upgrade can you let me know if the upgrade affects the FP for the child you upgraded? I am so worried about losing mine!

It didn't effect mine at all. I have two rooms with 6 people and all FP's were still there after I upgraded my daughter.

I do have my FastPasses already but I can't try upgrade til tonight so I'll let you know. Hopefully I'll have the same luck as Twinsmomma. :)

OK so from my understanding the quick service place in France doesn't have a children's menu so kids can order off the adult menu. This is the menu I found at all ears and its much more extensive than the options listed on this sticky. Thought this might help some of us that have kids with more grown up appetites.

Soups/Salads
Bisque de Homard - lobster bisque $4.90 Disney Dining Plan Snack Item

Blue - romaine, imported blue cheese, croutons $9.50

Soupe de Potiron - pumkin soup $4.25 Disney Dining Plan Snack Item

Nicoise - tuna, potato, eggs, beans, tomato, dressing $9.25

Chef's Specials
Baguette $1.85/ $2.95 Disney Dining Plan Snack Item

Croque Monsieur - toasted ham and cheese $8.75

Fromages - Imported cheese plate $9.25

Pissaladiere - tomatoes, olives and Gruyere cheese $4.50 Disney Dining Plan Snack Item

Quiche Florentine - spinach, goat cheese quiche $7.00

Roule Lard & Fromage - bacon and cheese roll $3.95 Disney Dining Plan Snack Item

Entrees
Jambon Beurre - Ham and cheese, dijon mustard butter on a demi baguette $6.25

Sandwiches
Brie Aux Pommes - brie, apples, cranberries on a multi grain bread $8.00

Croissant Jambon Fromage - ham, cheese and bechamel in a croissant $4.75 Disney Dining Plan Snack Item

Dinde BLT - turkey, bacon, lettuce, tomato and garlic aioli $8.50

Jambon Beurre - ham and cheese, dijon mustard butter on a demi baguette $7.50

Poulet au Pistou - chicken breast with cheese, tomato, red onion and pesto $9.00

Tartine Provencale - country bread, grilled eggplant and peppers, goat cheese $6.75

Desserts
Cafe Liegeois - coffee and cream mousse, chocolate $5.50

Chocolat Tart - Caramel cream and chocolate mousse $4.50 Disney Dining Plan Snack Item

Citron - lemon cream topped with meringue $4.25 Disney Dining Plan Snack Item

Creme Brulee - Caramalized vanilla custard $4.50 Disney Dining Plan Snack Item

Duo Au Chocolate - white and dark chocolate mousse cake $5.75

Eclair - vanilla or chocolate cream $4.25

Fraises - vanilla cream, topped with strawberry $4.75 Disney Dining Plan Snack Item

Framboise - raspberry mousse cake $5.50 Disney Dining Plan Snack Item

Macaroon - macaroon with raspberry and lime cream $5.75

Mousse au chocolate - chocolate mousse $4.50 Disney Dining Plan Snack Item

Napoleon - puff pastry with layered cream $4.25 Disney Dining Plan Snack Item

Parfait aux Fruits - Yogurt mousse with berries $4.75 Disney Dining Plan Snack Item

Pommes - puff pastry dough with caramelized apples $4.25 Disney Dining Plan Snack Item

Bakery
Biscuit Chocolat - chocolate chip cookie $3.50 Disney Dining Plan Snack Item

Brioche Au Sucre - sugared brioche $3.50 Disney Dining Plan Snack Item

Cannelle - cinnamon and orange roll $3.50 Disney Dining Plan Snack Item

Chaussons Aux Pommes - apple turnover $3.85 Disney Dining Plan Snack Item

Croissant $2.25 Disney Dining Plan Snack Item

Frangipane - almond filling between puff pastry $3.70 Disney Dining Plan Snack Item

Macarons Collection $10.33

Madeleines $3.75 Disney Dining Plan Snack Item

Pain Au Chocolat - chocolate croissant $3.35 Disney Dining Plan Snack Item

Palmier - - Cinnamon and chocolate elephant ears $3.85 Disney Dining Plan Snack Item

Rocher Coconut $4.23 Disney Dining Plan Snack Item

Beverages
Cafe - regular or decaf $2.50 Disney Dining Plan Snack Item

Cappuccino - regular or decaf $3.75 Disney Dining Plan Snack Item

Cappucino Glace - Iced cappuccino $4.25

Chocolat Chaud - hot chocolate $3.50 Disney Dining Plan Snack Item

Eau - Bottled Water $2.50 Disney Dining Plan Snack Item

Espresso - Regular or decaf $3.00 Disney Dining Plan Snack Item

Granite a la Fraise - strawberry smoothie $4.25

Jus d'orange (orange juice) $3.49 Disney Dining Plan Snack Item

Lait - milk $1.50 Disney Dining Plan Snack Item

Lait au chocolate - Chocolate milk $1.50 Disney Dining Plan Snack Item

Latte - regular or decaf $3.75 Disney Dining Plan Snack Item

Limoade - premium French soda, lemon or blood orange $5.10

Perrier - sparkling water $4.25

Soft Drinks $2.59/2.99 Disney Dining Plan Snack Item

Tea - regular or decaf $3.00 Disney Dining Plan Snack Item

Specialty Cocktails
Mimosa - sparkling wine and orange juice $7.50

Beer
Kronenbourg 1664 $6.57

Wine
Bordeaux - red wine $7.98

Bourgogne Blanc - white wine $6.85

Champagne $12.21

Chardonnay - white wine $5.87

Pinot Noir - red wine $7.25

When we were there in the spring they did have uncrustables too but not sure if that was a required kids option though often it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter