Kids Fly Free - Frontier Airlines

Yes! We literally booked a 4 night trip around Mother's Day weekend because of this. Flights and bags for 6 people round trip from STL to MCO for $750. My kids have never flown before because with 4 it is just too expensive. But 1100 miles away makes it a long road trip. We were also able to book on my in laws Wyndham points at WBC. We might to MK just 1 day for a gender reveal if all goes well with our new pregnancy. For the most part we plan to enjoy the resort and pools while sipping on virgin pina coladas!

This made the difference in my September trip plans. I can’t wait until they release further out so I can book our airfare. We are a family of six so this will be wonderful.

Yeah, they cancelled my nonstop flight, moved the reservation to the day before and gave me an option of rescheduling an overnight layover in Denver if I wanted the original day to fly. Had to cancel (full refund thankfully) but the rescheduled flight on another airline cost 2x as much. I'm not flying Frontier ever again. And that's coming from a former Elite member...

Do you know if when you select the Kids Fly Free rate if it is reflected in the total price on the flight select page or do you have to purchase the membership first and proceed to checkout?

The reason I ask is I can get a $54 rate each way to Mco for 4 people and the total rate reflects 4 people not 2. Kids are 5 and 3.

So, if I'm reading this correctly, one child can go free for each adult. But there doesn't look like a way to get a child free with the purchase of another child's ticket. If I fly with my 3 kids, it looks like only one goes free. But if I fly with my husband and two kids, we'd get two kids free. Which seems silly that an adult and 3 kids (four people) would be more costly than two adults and two kids (still four people). I could understand that if there were a difference between an adult ticket price and a child ticket price, but they're the same.

Reactions: kab
So, if I'm reading this correctly, one child can go free for each adult. But there doesn't look like a way to get a child free with the purchase of another child's ticket. If I fly with my 3 kids, it looks like only one goes free. But if I fly with my husband and two kids, we'd get two kids free. Which seems silly that an adult and 3 kids (four people) would be more costly than two adults and two kids (still four people). I could understand that if there were a difference between an adult ticket price and a child ticket price, but they're the same.

It prevents abusing the system. Many “kids free” promotions by businesses require an adult purchase per child. If one adult can take three kids, a family of 8 could travel for the price of two.

It prevents abusing the system. Many “kids free” promotions by businesses require an adult purchase per child. If one adult can take three kids, a family of 8 could travel for the price of two.

I'm not talking about one parent taking as many kids as possible. I'm talking about getting one free child with the purchase of a full-price ticket (no matter if adult or child occupies it). So the family of 8 in your example would travel for the price of 4, not 2. In my case, I would pay for myself and my 11-year-old child with the hopes of bringing my 9-year-old and my 3-year old as the free kids. But the way I'm understanding it, my oldest isn't old enough to count as an adult, so even paying the same price for his ticket as I pay for mine wouldn't trigger a second free child in our party.

I'm not talking about one parent taking as many kids as possible. I'm talking about getting one free child with the purchase of a full-price ticket (no matter if adult or child occupies it). So the family of 8 in your example would travel for the price of 4, not 2. In my case, I would pay for myself and my 11-year-old child with the hopes of bringing my 9-year-old and my 3-year old as the free kids. But the way I'm understanding it, my oldest isn't old enough to count as an adult, so even paying the same price for his ticket as I pay for mine wouldn't trigger a second free child in our party.

Not that I want to encourage "breaking" the rules, but the only time I've ever been asked to produce an ID for my kids is when we're travelling internationally and I've never seen a boarding pass that has a birth date printed on it. And I doubt the boarding passes will specify that they are "fly free" boarding passes. So what would prevent you from prematurely aging your 11-year old by putting in a false birthdate for him so he's 15 when you book the ticket?

Often Frontiers fares are right around $60 anyway, depending on where you're going, so the level of bargain can vary. But regardless, I'll take every penny I can get. I love Frontier anyway, so this is good. We had been thinking of taking a vacation in Las Vegas in the fall, but we may change that to summer....

We're taking a trip to Disney this summer because of this promo. :) $45 tickets each way with 2/3 kids flying free = DH was convinced to let us go again this year.

We're only taking personal items if I can pack well enough!

Not that I want to encourage "breaking" the rules, but the only time I've ever been asked to produce an ID for my kids is when we're travelling internationally and I've never seen a boarding pass that has a birth date printed on it. And I doubt the boarding passes will specify that they are "fly free" boarding passes. So what would prevent you from prematurely aging your 11-year old by putting in a false birthdate for him so he's 15 when you book the ticket?

I don't know. I tend to be a worry-wart about rule breaking. I know I usually bring all our passports when traveling, even domestically, just to be on the safe side.

Nope never flying with Frontier again...Once was enough...

I don't care if the flight was for free and they paid me to fly with them...

It was a nightmare... honestly a nightmare...

Our first trip with Frontier was problematic, they cancelled our return flight last minute. At the time of that trip they had just started service on that route. I swore never again. But two trips later Frontier was the best deal I could find so I ate my words and took the chance and booked again. No problems that time. I chalk the first problems up to the new service.

I'm hoping for a last minute, late summer trip and this deal would make it easier to decide. Just waiting for all of August to open up.

I really hope this isn't the case. It just doesn't seem right. I don't have a current Discount Den membership to check to see how it gets priced out.

We flew frontier and have had no problems. You do have to join discount den for this promo.

Would both my husband and I need to join Discount Den to get the deal for our 2 kids? Or just one of us has to join?

I tried to check and confirm that if I book 3 kids and one adult, that only one kid will be free. But I selected a flight that says "Kids Fly Free," got to the very end where it asks for my credit card and to confirm purchase, and it doesn't show anyone free. And we do have the Den Club. I don't actually need flights right now, but when they eventually extend I will be booking. Hopefully they extend the Kids Fly Free.

Has anyone done this who also uses the Frontier credit card for added miles? Just wondering about the airline and their programs like this. We've only ever flown United and Southwest, and we were told about the Frontier program since we have a gaggle of kids but I feel like the SW Companion pass program might benefit us more if DH and I ever hope to fly alone. I'm trying to decide which program I want to go with. (We were also considering Alaska Air)

Okay nevermind, I just plugged in some random dates to Frontier and they look like terrible flights! LOL For me they're pretty much cross-country so I'm thinking an airline with more options is definitely the way to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter