Kids Fly Free - Frontier Airlines

Thanks, I was told differently at the ticketing counter. :( I'll hopefully seat us together when I check-in 24 hours before.

I have been on a flight where the flight attendants asked over the intercom for those willing to move seats so a mom and child could sit together. So if all else fails the flight attendants will do their best to have families sit together.

I have been on a flight where the flight attendants asked over the intercom for those willing to move seats so a mom and child could sit together. So if all else fails the flight attendants will do their best to have families sit together.

That is great people moved BUT it is unreasonable to expect people who paid for seats so their family to sit together to be asked to move. If someone chooses not to pay for seats they need to be prepared that they might not sit together. Frontier clearly states on their website if you want to sit together pay for seats.

If flight full of families going to MCO there is a chance nobody will move as everyone wants to sit with their kids. On transportation board there are threads where people report being separated from kids.

@wed100105 is prepared for that and understands there is a chance they might not sit together. She has a good understanding and attitude about it.

But there are many who act like children entitle to preferential treatment and expect others to move for them or threaten their kids on people who don’t move and might have to sit by them.

My “kids” are 22 and 23. Each trip we do as a family I pay for seats or EBCI. I make sure if plane changes seats are what I had paid for (we all do aisles). I can say if I paid for my seats or EBCI (to choose my seat) and some family decided to save money and ask people to move my reply is no. I have leg issues and my boys are tall so we need the space-

I received an email from Frontier today regarding a flight status change.

They totally dropped Tuesday and Wednesday flights out of our local airport for summer. (We're booked roundtrip for Tuesday-Tuesday.) I called the phone number provided, where I was met with a message that they are experiencing long hold times--call back if you're not flying in the next 24 hours.

Ugh---no great possibilities for me with this one. The flights were a fantastic deal. I have our room booked with a military rate, all dining booked, and the closest airport is St. Louis or Chicago, but I'd have to drive 3 hours to either of them, and I'll have to pay for parking. :( Boo!

They totally dropped Tuesday and Wednesday flights out of our local airport for summer. (We're booked roundtrip for Tuesday-Tuesday.) I called the phone number provided, where I was met with a message that they are experiencing long hold times--call back if you're not flying in the next 24 hours.

Ugh---no great possibilities for me with this one. The flights were a fantastic deal. I have our room booked with a military rate, all dining booked, and the closest airport is St. Louis or Chicago, but I'd have to drive 3 hours to either of them, and I'll have to pay for parking. :( Boo!

I am sorry to hear this. But I am so happy you posted b/c I have been seriously considering this deal, but reading this makes me very wary. I know any airline can change/cancel flights, but it seems to be far more common with Frontier.

I am sorry to hear this. But I am so happy you posted b/c I have been seriously considering this deal, but reading this makes me very wary. I know any airline can change/cancel flights, but it seems to be far more common with Frontier.

I still can't get through to change my reservations. I'm pretty fortunate that my summer schedule is open enough that I can move around my trip (if given that option). Our spring break trip has been scheduled on Frontier since September. Nothing has changed with those flights----I've probably just jinxed myself.

I'm guessing that our local airport couldn't sustain the demand that Frontier wanted for summer, and thus they cancelled 2/4 days of the week scheduled. Interestingly enough, the Thursday flights are about $1200 for my family of 5. I paid $293 + $50 for the discount den. Hopefully I can get through later this afternoon after work to change my flights.

This happened to us last week. We got the email that the Friday flight had changed to thursday.
They were doing BDL -MCO M,W,F,Sat. Now it’s T, Th, Sun. Thankfully we were able to adjust. (We haven’t booked the flight home yet because they haven’t released dates far enough).

I still can't get through to change my reservations. I'm pretty fortunate that my summer schedule is open enough that I can move around my trip (if given that option). Our spring break trip has been scheduled on Frontier since September. Nothing has changed with those flights----I've probably just jinxed myself.

I'm guessing that our local airport couldn't sustain the demand that Frontier wanted for summer, and thus they cancelled 2/4 days of the week scheduled. Interestingly enough, the Thursday flights are about $1200 for my family of 5. I paid $293 + $50 for the discount den. Hopefully I can get through later this afternoon after work to change my flights.

I’m sorry to hear this but hope others see how proactive you have been!

Updating-Frontier was unavailable on the phone lines (and I can’t call from work because it isn’t toll free...)

I had success messaging Frontier via Facebook. I was able to move my flights to Thursday at no charge, and they gave me free seat assignments (at my request) for the first leg of the trip.

Overall, I would have appreciated seat assignments for both segments, but oh well. Disney was able to accommodate us for the same price, and I was able to fix all my dining reservations. Hopefully the rest of the trip will go off without a hitch!

We have a credit card with excellent travel benefits, including insurance. I wouldn’t recommend flying a budget carrier without it, but overall for us this time it wasn’t a major obstacle.

I haven't read this whole thread, but wanted to share my experience with this airline. Frontier has recently come to our airport, and having a non-stop flight from Little Rock to Orlando was such an exciting prospect. I booked a flight along with 3 other people to go to the Disney Princess 1/2 Marathon a few weeks ago. We got to the airport, and got checked in--about 45 mins or so before we were to board we were informed that it would be delayed for an hour. Ok, no big deal. Well, probably 30 mins after that, the status changed from delayed to CANCELLED!! It was terrible. Mechanical issues with the plane is what I heard from other passengers. I stood in line forever for them to tell me that we could take that same flight the next day at 8 am or get a refund of our ticket. The problem was that we HAD to be at Disney with enough time to pick up our race packets that Saturday or we didn't get to participate. At this point, I had trust issues with this airline, and that they would actually get us there on time, so I took the refund and immediately worked on rebooking us with someone else. Lucky that I did, too, because we checked the status throughout that next day and the plane didn't make it Orlando until 4 pm. We would've missed the whole reason we were going to Disney that trip since the Expo ended at 3:30 pm and we couldn't have picked up our race bibs and all. Anyways, all of that to say, I'm disappointed that I won't be flying Frontier again because it would have been SO nice to have a nonstop option for us to Orlando without having to drive 2 1/2 hours to Memphis first.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter