Kids Menus

DISNEYDEVOTEE

Mouseketeer
We are traveling with 14 year old twins and a 9 year old. All fussy eaters. Will I be able to order off of a childs menu at all resturaunts (sp!)? Not for $$$ savings but to allow for a burger etc if the menu doesn't meet thier tastes?

Thanks

DisneyDevotee

Sure and order a double cheeseburger and an extra bun and you have two sandwhiches instead of one.

Only at Counter Service restaurants. They only allow people under 12 to order off the children's menu in sitdown restaurants. Due to my health issues, I usually have to order off the appetizer and soup/salad menus since I can't order the reasonably sized portions off the children's menus.

At the counter service places you can order a kids meal for tall the kids although I think they suggest an age cut off. At the sit down restaurants the cut of is 12 although at the Brown Derby the waiter did offer all the kids a childs menu due to the types of food they serve.

To tell you the truth even though my kids are young enough to order kids meals (7 and 9) they often don't. Most offer your chicken nugget, hot dog, hamburg fare and even for kids it gets old fast. Instead they get an appetizer, soup, salad or some combination depending on the restaurant.

TJ

Basically - your kids will pay like an adult at any of the buffet style restaurants, but they usually can order off the kid's menu at counter service or at the sit down restaurants.

That said, the kid's meals at WDW are often REALLY kid's meals - meaning that you can't order a cheeseburger - check the menus at wdwig.com - Deb has a great listing of all the menus on site, including kid's menus. Most places, counter service especially, will have a grilled cheese or a mini hot dog combo available for the kids.

At the sit-down restaurants, most servers are very accomodating to those tweens and teens that still have children's palates. My middle daughter - who is VERY tall - she's the biggest one in the pic below, at only 11 - is an extremely picky eater. When she was 11, I did order and pay for her meals as a child, although I got some funny looks, since her 13 year old sister looked younger, and ate as an adult.

When we went back for her 13th birthday - she tried ordering off the adult menus, but couldn't eat, as the food was seasoned or came with a sauce! On our most recent trip in Nov, also 13, she decided to revert back to the kid's menu at most sit-downs, very happily. She did often order an appetizer or dessert to insure that she had enough to eat, as the kid's portions sometimes were small - but usually not! WDW is famous for really giving you more than you need!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter