Kids Wristbands for Kids Clubs

AeroKU

Rock Chalk Jayhawk!
I thought that we would be sent the wristbands in the mail with our luggage tags. We didn't get them. Do we get these at check in or on the boat somewhere?

You will either get them at checkin or you can get them from the Oceaneer club/lab. They put a 'lock' on the kids' magicband so it doesn't come off during the cruise. There is also a charge of $12.95/band? if you don't return it before debarkation day. For kids in Edge and Vibe, they will get a sticker added to their key card the first time they visit.

On our last Fantasy cruise earlier this year, we got the band in the terminal and they put the lock on when we went to the club. Not really sure why they didn't do both at the same place.

On our last Fantasy cruise earlier this year, we got the band in the terminal and they put the lock on when we went to the club. Not really sure why they didn't do both at the same place.

They did the same thing when we sailed out of Miami on the Magic. Bands in the terminal and locks at the kid's club.

They did the same thing when we sailed out of Miami on the Magic. Bands in the terminal and locks at the kid's club.

We got ours at the kids club on the Dream last summer so maybe it just depends. One useful tip I learned: my kids hated the locks (couldn't sleep at night) so, after about an hour of fussing by my kiddos we went down to the club in their jammies and got them removed. Turned out the ladies there said we could have them removed every night and it was a pretty common thing, and then just add them again the next day. Something to keep in mind.

We got our bigger kid's wristband at the terminal and the baby's wristband when we first checked him into the nursery. This was last week. They did the lock on the older one but not the little one, I just took it off every time he left the nursery and put it in his nursery bag so we wouldn't lose it.

Do the wristbands come off at all? My 10yo daughter has sensory issues and it will drive her nuts to sleep and bathe with a wristband.

Yes. You can have the lock removed and then put back on each day. We always get the lock put on because we don't want it to fall off, my dd wouldn't notice it if it did. You could ask about not getting the lock at all if you don't want it. You have to pay for it if you lose it, not too much, just under $13.

Do most people just keep the wristband as a souvenir? Do you just have to cut the lock yourself if you keep the band?

They will take the lock off for you the last time you check out of the club if you are there on the last evening. They will ask you at that time if you intend to keep the band. If you don’t want it they literally throw it away behind their desk. If you do not return it to them by midnight your shipboard account will be charged $12.95

Do most people just keep the wristband as a souvenir? Do you just have to cut the lock yourself if you keep the band?

We were on the Magic in February and our daughter is still wearing it. Last time she went from April to October and only removed it because she physically outgrew the locked setting.

My daughter has gotten rashes on her arm underneath the band from water not drying underneath so now she always takes the band off whenever she's going to get wet. She usually doesn't get the lock put on her band, but she's also older. Now that she can go to the Oceaneers and Edge, she doesn't like wearing the band when she goes to Edge (I guess that's too embarrassing!)

We kept the band as a souvenir our 1st two cruises and then I've convinced her to return it the last night on our other cruises.

They will take the lock off for you the last time you check out of the club if you are there on the last evening. They will ask you at that time if you intend to keep the band. If you don’t want it they literally throw it away behind their desk. If you do not return it to them by midnight your shipboard account will be charged $12.95
Wait, they throw them away instead of reusing them?

Then, won't let kids keep them for free? This would be the worst example of nickel and diming I've ever heard.

My kids typically keep them. We were told the reason the little guys didn't get the lock was because it could be a choking hazard!

We were told by a cm that they do reuse them. My dd kept hers from our first cruise and wore it for months afterwards, but doesn't get them now

@bbel used to be a kids club worker on DCL. Perhaps she knows the answer. My uneducated guess is the re-used ones are sanitized and THAT is probably what they were being thrown in.

If you keep it, can you bring it and reuse it on a future cruise?

If you keep it, can you bring it and reuse it on a future cruise?
My understanding is they also won't work as a magic band at WDW even though, based on the pics I've seen, they are a normal magic band. We are planning on letting my son keep his as it's his first DCL cruise. It's good to know that they ask and it's common to keep them. Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter