Kim's new and improved life journal!

Hey guys! Nothing exciting going on around here. DS6 is sick, so I'll be home tomorrow to take him to the doctor. :guilty: He's got a fever and sounds like he's swallowed nails. Poor kid. :guilty:

I did pilates again today, plus an On Demand abs workout. I'm feeling good again (hopefully for good now :rolleyes1 ) and hope to get walking/running again this week. The snow is finally melting, so let's all hope it's warming up a bit around here. :thumbsup2

Beth - I haven't officially signed up for the 5k yet. Just working out the details. But I'm 99% sure I'm doing it. :thumbsup2

Hope you all have a great week. :goodvibes

Hey Kim - Sorry to hear your DS is not feeling well. I hope it doesn't last too long - that nails thing sounds very unpleasant!

Great to hear that the pilates and on demand is going well for you. You'll be back to covering those miles before you know it. Goodness knows, warmer weather will help. It's been an icebox here for so long, it gets up to 35 and we're all "ahh.....at last. It's so NICE out." :laughing: These little thaws always make a person long for spring a little, don't they?

Hi Kim. Glad to hear you are "good" again! Too bad you son is feeling sick. Hopefully he will be feeling better after a visit to the doctor. I think everyone is getting sick. My poor SIL came home from WDW sick.

Hope you had a good weekend! Did you ever find a rental car?

Stacie

Kim, just stopping in to check on you, glad all is ok.. sorry to hear that your son is sick -- we all know that mom is never allowed to be sick! LOL
Take care!!

Sorry about Jakeypoo...:hug:
Great job on the workouts....you da bomb!

re

Hey guys. :goodvibes DS is doing O-K. He's got the croup virus. :guilty: Hopefully the fever will go away in the next day or two, then the cough should loosen up. Thank God for MIL - she's watching him tomorrow so I can go to work. :thumbsup2

Thanks so much for stopping by, guys! :hug:

Awww...poor kid :(

My nephew just got over the same virus. Must be rampant in NJ :(.

Glad you have your MIL there tomorrow. I'm sure he'll start feeling better soon!

How are YOU doing? :hug:

Hi Kim! Just checking in... Hope your DS is feeling better soon!!! Poor thing. Gota love those inlaws! :goodvibes My poor SIL has bronchitis! We picked them up at the airport on Saturday so hopefully we get any bugs from her!

How are you doing? Any more pilates or running???

All the best!
Stacie

Hi Kim

A lot of people sick right now...sorry your little guy isn't feeling well! I hope he has a speedy recovery & that none of you guys get sick too.

Hope everything else is going well for you! :goodvibes:

Alright guys....are you sitting?? :confused3 You sure? :confused3

I RAN TODAY!!! :faint:

I was going to start w1d1 of the c25k, but I took a chance and jumped right into week 2. :upsidedow My legs are wondering WTH I am thinking...but lemme tell ya - the feeling I had, just being out there - it was AWESOME!!

(just thought I'd share, since I've been a major slacker for so long :rolleyes1 )

party: :jumping1: party: :jumping1: party: :jumping1:
:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

OK, I'm getting carried away, but I'm so glad to hear that you had a good run today. It's freezing here again, but it warms my little heart to hear it. Great job! :thumbsup2

Your legs will remember the drill before long, I'm sure, and you have NOT been a slacker - you have been dealing with serious medical issues during the off season, that's all!

Great job on the run!!:thumbsup2 :banana:

I'm really glad you are feeling better too. Remember what I said about not doing too much too soon? Ya feel good, but da body hadn't really recovered. It sounds like you are in good shape now:) .

:sick: I hope DS is better soon. I thought the older girls had had croup when they were little, but I was wrong. Then youngest DD really did get croup - HARSH! It is scary stuff when your child sounds like that.

Take care and go enjoy another run!:thumbsup2

:hug: WTG Kim!!! Back running again...that must have felt sooo good!!!

So how do your hips feel? Any pain? And how is that Pilates DVD going? I think you got the Dummies one too :). Wondering if you're having any luck with it.

Have a great weekend!!!! Hope your DS is feeling much better now!!! :goodvibes

I'm not talking to you anymore!
You kill me!
It's 33 degrees here and raining...yeah...not gonna run tonight...sorry!
I'll catch up....I promise!

re

Hey, Kim - how's it going? How is your DS doing?

I was just thinking of you and wanted to stop by to say hi!:flower3:

Way to go on your run, Kim!!!:cheer2:

How's your DS feeling? Sorry to hear that he's not been feeling well. :( Hope he's feeling better soon!:wizard:

Have a great weekend!:hug:

Hey guys! I'm happy to report that DS is doing well. Fever went away Tuesday afternoon, and he just has a lingering (phlemy) cough. :scared: But he's back to being Mr. Energy. :yay:

I ran again yesterday. My legs were quite sore, but I made it through w2d2, and afterwards my legs weren't as sore. Weird, huh? :confused3 My legs feel great today and I'm looking forward to w2d3 tomorrow.

Slowly but surely gettin' back in the game! :woohoo:

No pain besides the anticipated soreness, from not using my legs in that way for months. :laughing: Hip is great so far and I'm doing lots more stretches before and after the run/walks.

Anna- thanks for stopping by. I am feeling really good and there have been no repurcussions from the increased activity! :thumbsup2 I go for my 4 week post-op checkup next week.

I've done the Pilates for Dummies DVD twice, and once I did the overall body pilates 20 minute workout on Comcast On Demand. I really like them both! Tough stuff, I tell ya. :headache:

Marie - I have to add that cute challenge to my siggie. Are you tracking ounces every day, or did you challenge yourself to 80 days? :confused3

Have a GREAT weekend, guys!

Kim,
That's great that your son is feeling so much better. And that your hips are doing well! It sounds like your legs are happy to be running again. Pilates really IS tough, isn't it? Sounds like you are enjoying it, though. I'm so happy to hear things looking up for you - keep on rocking that recovery, stretches and all! And have a fantastic weekend!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter