Kindda stupid question....

Sweethappiness

Mouseketeer
I am new to the boards...anyway I was looking at the posts about wearing the honeymoon ears at WDW and I plan on getting some...
Can someone tell me what they look like?? Is the minnie ears white with a little veil attached?? And do the guys ears look like a black top hat? Cuz I checked on that website everyone posts and thats all I can find....
I just hope I can get my husband to wear them! ;)

Erin

Yup, those are the ears.

I've also seen dealieboppers (headband with what look like bride/groom antenna toppers on springs), B&G pins and Disney B&G golf shirts. The first, I dunno where to buy. The latter two can be purchased at WDW (larger pin kiosks and Sandy Cove, respectively).

Just throwing out options in case your man is a killjoy ;). Hey, If I can wear the top hat, yer fella should be game, as well.

G'luck,
Andrew

Erin, my DH didn't want to wear the ears at first, then he started reading the posts here about how much attention you get, etc. We haven't gone on our hoenymoon yet, but he's actually getting excited to wear the hat!!

Here is a link to a place that does event planning. they have a service ($) go into the parks and arrange "Stuff". (I found the link on this board). They have a Personal Shopping Service ($$$) where they go into the park and buy "Things" for their events. About halfway down the page is a picture of the "Bridal Ears"

http://www.giftsofalifetime.com/shopping.html

Andrew, what was it like wearing the ears at the airport? I'm trying to convince DH to wear them on the way down (hopnig we can get bumped on the plane or something) and he refuses.....

Erin, here's a pic of me wearing my bride ears (from my shower)
2301421a.jpg

Scott hasn't tried his on yet so we don't have any pics of the guy's hat...

Well, after 10-days of wearing them in the parks and such, it wasn't that big a deal. I was hesitant to wear them on the way down. I felt a bit self-conscience, since people wouldn't know what the heck they were. Even when we were actually in the parks, some people still didn't get it.

We did mention at checkin, on the outbound, that we were off to WDW to get married but no upgrade.
On the way back, we had the ears on and our clerk remarked on them, but again no upgrade. Dunno if the planes were full or what, but I guess it just wasn't in the cards. No matter!

Getting on/off the plane in the ears can be a bit difficult if you are tallish- you'll likely bump them on the overhead bins. If you have a courrier bag or camera bag that goes over the neck and shoulder, you'll find yourself whacking the ears at first. Get used to removing/replaing the hat with one hand. For the gals, bring lots of bobby-pins as they'll disappear regularly. Posing for pics, you and your SO will need to become adept at jockeying the ears. Be prepared to be called "Minnie" or "Mickey" by very small children. Some will want to touch your 'ears'. The CMs get pretty excited if you are on your honeymoon and doubly excited if you've actually been married. Many of them that we spoke to had seen plenty of ears, but few on people who'd actually just gotten married. Some said they'd never found a couple who'd had their ceremony on grounds. Got a lot of skeptical "are you really newlyweds?"

The stares you kinda get used to pretty quickly, but I really enjoyed watching other couples walk by and pointing with big grins. You get lots of "congratulations!" and "did those come with the package?" The best was when I'd see a young couple where the woman would just kinda 'swoon, saying "awwwww". Her man would have a most pained expression, knowing that he'd have to now consider the whole Dsney marriage thing just because his gal saw us. Heh heh...poor sucker.

-Andrew

Thanks, Andrew. I've heard of one couple (from the wedding boards I go to) that was bumped to first class on the plane so I guess it does depend on how crowded the plane is, etc.... We'll be going to WDW for our honeymoon 3 months after the wedding, but ti's still our honeymoon, I hope everyone else there belives us too!! (I've had people tell me that it's "just a vacation" if you don't go the day after the wedding). Thanks for the tips about waering the ears as well.... I keep forgetting to buy hair clips for mine!! I already e-mailed this thread to my DH and we'll see if I can convince him to wear his ears at least while we check in at the airport or something!! LOL I ahve 40 days to work on him!! LOL

Thanks, Erin. I probably won't get a picture of Scott wearing his till the honeymoon... but I'll post when I do get one!! :)

Just back from WDW, brought my ears home with me so my fiancee and I could have pictures taken in our "fancy clothes" at our wedding before rushing off to WDW. when I first told him about the ears, he was mumbling under his breath and grumbling to me about them, but as soon as I showed them to him when I got back from my trip, he put his hat on and wouldn't take it off for about an hour. I don't know if he's excited about wearing them in the park or just excited cause he got his first pair of mickey ears, but either way, he's all for it now!!

Just for the record, the only place I saw the bobbly antenna headband dealies was at a disney discount outlet store (at orlando premier outlets) and they HURT-gave me a headache within the first five minutes, and I didn't think my FH would have any dignity left (or respect for me, for that matter) if I expected him to wear those around. :)

I wanted to say that you can get the Minnie ears from WDW but you can also order Minnie Headbands that work great! I just ordered mine and am excited because then you don't have to worry about bobby pins or taking it on and off all the time because it is a headband. It has a veil and the ears are white with sequins on it. You can get it only at Disneyland but if you call the Mad hatter shop, they will ship it to you.
The sequins are ivory and the reverse side of the ears are velvet.

Heather
WDW Honeymoon 11/10-11/20/02

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter