Kindle 2-$89

This Kindle is the second generation Kindle - the older model.
The one you bought is 3rd generation. Yours has the better screen and is smaller and lighter - although the reading screen is the same size.

Both connect over the AT&T network in the US so you can look at their coverage maps. If you can't connect via the modem, you can still download to your computer and transfer the book to the Kindle.

As I said I very rarely make a 3G connection out here at my house, I can connect via the Edge network. Ebooks are small, tiny text based files so it really doesn't matter in terms of download speed.

I have the Kindle 2 3G and I have never not been able to use 3G coverage, even out of the country. In fact, on a recent visit to central Baja my Kindle had the most reliable coverage of all my electronic communication devices. Without fees, either. I love Amazon. Great customer service. Over the weekend I bought a couple of ebooks for my Kindle. This morning I found the paperback version of one of the books I bought. I emailed Amazon about returning the ebook in question and within an hour the purchase price was refunded to my credit card and they kindly directed me to delete the item off my Kindle and my iPad. :woohoo:

I have the Kindle 2 3G and I have never not been able to use 3G coverage, even out of the country. In fact, on a recent visit to central Baja my Kindle had the most reliable coverage of all my electronic communication devices. Without fees, either. I love Amazon. Great customer service. Over the weekend I bought a couple of ebooks for my Kindle. This morning I found the paperback version of one of the books I bought. I emailed Amazon about returning the ebook in question and within an hour the purchase price was refunded to my credit card and they kindly directed me to delete the item off my Kindle and my iPad. :woohoo:

Do you have the International Version or were you able to get your US version to work internationally?

Anyone have any idea what time EXACTLY the price will be changed? I really want one for Christmas and I told my DH about the price change. His interest was peaked but he isn't really "internet shopping" savvy so I think he will probably miss out on this one if I don't guide him a little bit more. :surfweb:

Anyone still have this in their cart? I had added it to mine yesterday to prepare for Friday, and when I look at it this morning, it's been moved out of mycart and says it's no longer available?

Anyone have any idea what time EXACTLY the price will be changed? I really want one for Christmas and I told my DH about the price change. His interest was peaked but he isn't really "internet shopping" savvy so I think he will probably miss out on this one if I don't guide him a little bit more. :surfweb:

Noon Eastern time

My area isn't 3G compatible.

My Kindles connect over the Edge network and when that isn't possible I download via the computer and sideload over via the USB cable.

i dont completely understand 3g... so this is a cellular internet connection. i have to pay for cellular service to dload books?

I'm thinking the link will have to be updated on Friday morning. Amazon is probably trying to prevent people from ordering from them today and calling customer service on Friday to get a price adjustment.

Do they actually do price adjustments after you've purchased an item?

The link is back into my cart... so instead of waiting until noon, is it possible that I could buy it now, and have them price adjust it after noon?

Anyone know?

Do they actually do price adjustments after you've purchased an item?

I could not find a definitive answer on Amazon itself, but all signs point to the fact they gave up the Price Match and Price Adjust policy in 2008.

Thanks for the reply!

I looked everywhere on Amazon and couldn't find any info about price-adjustments.

Yesterday, I purchased an 8GB IPOD Touch for $199.00 from Amazon. Today, they are offering an additional $25GC with the purchase for the same price. I contacted customer service and was given a $25 refund on the purchase made yesterday. Also, on some items, there is an area at the bottom of the screen that asks if you have seen an item priced lower at a different retailer. Amazon will also price match the price on a t.v. purchase within a 30 day time period. I'm uncertain about an advertised sale on their own website.

ok guys, the above link for this deal goes to the kindle page and at the top it says if you're looking for the black friday deal, to click here, and when you do, it takes you to the lightning deals page, so make sure that's the page you're on when it goes live!

getting really tired of watching that countdown clock .... :rolleyes1

If I don't grab this sucker it is gonna stink! :headache:

getting really tired of watching that countdown clock .... :rolleyes1

If I don't grab this sucker it is gonna stink! :headache:

i know, if i don't get it, i'm going to cry :( this is DD's Christmas gift from us. i've been lucky so far, everything i've tried to get the past 2 days has been in stock, but this is the biggie. my local news announced it last night-i actually yelled at the TV for them to be quiet and not tell everyone! :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter