Kingdom Keepers

I really wanted to like these books, but I don't. The first one was the best. They have progressively become worse with each release. Pearson is a terrible writer. :( He attempts to be like Rowling, Lewis or Barry and he just doesn't even come close. Just an FYI: the 6th book in the series is very dark compared to the others and not for younger kids.

I know a lot of adults enjoy them; I think it is those who are either obsessed with Disney and they refuse to admit how terrible the writing is or they do not read well-written books to compare them to. My teenaged daughter read them and was shocked at the number of "Disney" mistakes, plot gaps and grammatical errors the books contain.

Yes I agree with maleficent dragon that they are poorly written and have lost of gaps. I noticed just yesterday that one of the kids were leaving Hollywood studios and he said the kid could take a bus or boat or the monorail. If your familiar with Hollywood you can't use the monorail from there. I just think its cute even with the crazy writing, I just over look it.

Peter and the Starcatchers is a better series, IMO. Pearson co-authored with Dave Barry. The last book takes place in modern times, and has a WDW tie-in.

I liked Peter and the star catchers also love Peter Pan so enjoyed them.

All 3 of us are reading them now. DD just finished book 1, DW just finished book 3, and I just finished book number 4. I thought 4 was the best so far. We all enjoy reading and picturing us in the park at the different places.

It is imho an easy read, may not be written the best but we enjoy it. We feel it is worth checking out.

I tore through Book 1 and found it an easy read but interesting. They are meant for young adults so the writing isn't the best. But the stories are interesting.

For some reason I can NOT get through Book 2. I keep picking it up and starting over, but just not getting very far.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter