Kitchens in Aulani Villas

We are taking our first trip to Aulani soon and we will be staying in a 1 bed island view villa. Can anybody confirm which appliances we will have? I mostly want to know if there is a stove and oven. I assume there is a coffee maker, dishwasher, and microwave.

I have never paid attention to the kitchens in BCV beyond the fridge and coffee makers. 🙃

Bonus question: if we send things like sunscreen in advance, will guest services hold it for a few days?

One bedroom villas have a full-sized (well, 7/8 size) fridge, a microwave, an oven and stove, a microwave, and a dishwasher. They also have two countertop appliances: a coffee maker and a rice cooker. Toasters are also available.

One bedroom villas have a full-sized (well, 7/8 size) fridge, a microwave, an oven and stove, a microwave, and a dishwasher. They also have two countertop appliances: a coffee maker and a rice cooker. Toasters are also available.
Wow amazing. Thank you (and thank you also @Imurhuckleberry)!!

Sounds like we could actually cook a thanksgiving dinner in our room if we wanted to spend all day in the kitchen. :)

We figured that kitchen saved us about $2k on our last trip. Of course, someone has to be willing to cook while on vacation 😁

We made a lot of meals in our villa! The rice cooker is amazing, I wish every DVC resort had this. I feel like they may not have had chopsticks in the kitchen, but I could be wrong.

As far as sunscreen goes, be sure to use reef safe sunscreen. In Hawaii, sunscreens containing oxybenzone or octinoxate may not be sold.
Thanks. I forgot to mention that earlier. Don't bother taking sunscreen with you, just buy it there. It's gonna smell nicer, going to be better quality (unless you already live near a beach on the mainland), you'll have far more choices, and it's going to be reef safe.

Thanks. I forgot to mention that earlier. Don't bother taking sunscreen with you, just buy it there. It's gonna smell nicer, going to be better quality (unless you already live near a beach on the mainland), you'll have far more choices, and it's going to be reef safe.
We live in CA and I don’t buy chemical sunscreens to begin with. I like to ship it because I’ve been (literally burned) before experimenting with new stuff on vacations, but I do respect the reefs!

We live in CA and I don’t buy chemical sunscreens to begin with. I like to ship it because I’ve been (literally burned) before experimenting with new stuff on vacations, but I do respect the reefs!
Living in So Cal, it's literally almost the same selection in any surf shop here as in Hawaii (with the caveat that there are non reef-safe brands here that you need to avoid). I'm speaking more to the non-beach going Coppertone and Banana Boat crowd. If you go into a reputable resort store or surf shop in Hawaii, you're not likely to get burned (literally or figuratively). Growing up in the zinc oxide and baby oil era (and having had several BCC's removed already), I definitely respect the need for proper sun protection.

Last edited:
Living in So Cal, it's literally almost the same selection in any surf shop here as in Hawaii (with the caveat that there are non reef-safe brands here that you need to avoid). I'm speaking more to the non-beach going Coppertone and Banana Boat crowd. If you go into a reputable resort store or surf shop in Hawaii, you're not likely to get burned (literally or figuratively). Growing up in the zinc oxide and baby oil era (and having had several BSC's removed already), I definitely respect the need for proper sun protection.
Thanks— sunscreen selection can definitely be hit and miss when we travel.
Like you, I had parents who kept in the sun all day without full spectrum sunscreen and I had my first BSC before I was 35. 😵‍💫

Disposable chopsticks, probably. Those work in a pinch but much prefer sturdy plastic chopsticks.
Right, but they're not going to keep decent chopsticks, even plastic ones in the rooms. You typically can't put them in the dishwasher as they get all warped with the heat and they'd be replacing them practically daily. If you want decent ones, just throw two or three sets in your luggage, but I want to say they have non-disposable ones at Kalepa's. I'm just glad they have the rice cooker. We never cook anything at WDW, even in our usual 2BR villas, but in Hawaii we have been known to make some rice to eat with leftovers and stuff we grab at lunch trucks when we're out.

Last edited:
Right, but they're not going to keep decent chopsticks, even plastic ones in the rooms. You typically can't put them in the dishwasher as they get all warped with the heat and they'd be replacing them practically daily.
Huh, i put our family's plastic chopsticks in the dishwasher every day, none have ever warped. Yeah, fair enough to bring your own. I only mention it as something I thought the kitchen could benefit from.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter