Kitchens in Aulani Villas

We are taking our first trip to Aulani soon and we will be staying in a 1 bed island view villa. Can anybody confirm which appliances we will have? I mostly want to know if there is a stove and oven. I assume there is a coffee maker, dishwasher, and microwave.

I have never paid attention to the kitchens in BCV beyond the fridge and coffee makers. 🙃

Bonus question: if we send things like sunscreen in advance, will guest services hold it for a few days?
Stove, micro, dishwasher, coffee maker (not keyrig), full size fridge, rice cooker, washer/dryer, shower and tub. 😁

Stove, micro, dishwasher, coffee maker (not keyrig), full size fridge, rice cooker, washer/dryer, shower and tub. 😁
I love the real coffee maker in the villas! The only appliance (other than the fridge) that I use when staying at BCV… can’t wait to use it with local Hawaiian coffee beans!

I love the real coffee maker in the villas! The only appliance (other than the fridge) that I use when staying at BCV… can’t wait to use it with local Hawaiian coffee beans!
Heads up for anybody coming to Aulani soon— they provide a couple of Joffrey’s packets plus filter combos but there are no ordinary coffee filters in the room (or available for purchase at the resort)— my husband is on a Target run as I write.

One bedroom villas have a full-sized (well, 7/8 size) fridge, a microwave, an oven and stove, a microwave, and a dishwasher. They also have two countertop appliances: a coffee maker and a rice cooker. Toasters are also available.
Do we have to request a toaster or are they in the rooms?

Can I just say I'm the most excited about the rice cooker in the villa?!? 😂 :rotfl2:It is absolutely handy when you have leftover food but not enough rice! Not that you can't buy the microwavable rice but it's a lot cheaper to buy a small bag of rice at Target.
We are that family that will pack rice with us whenever we stay at a resort with a kitchen. This may be why the Hawaii Marriott VC are our favorites, because they have rice cookers.

We are that family that will pack rice with us whenever we stay at a resort with a kitchen. This may be why the Hawaii Marriott VC are our favorites, because they have rice cookers.
I just wish they had instructions on how to use them…

I mean...I'm doing that too this trip! Packing a small ziploc bag of it! 😅 This is definitely a first for us because we never had a rice cooker in our unit before. Not that I can't cook rice on the stove, but I prefer not! Rice cooker just so much easier! LOL!

It should be pretty simple. Or do you mean the rice/water ratio?
No, like what am I even supposed to do to get it started, use it, etc. We have never used one. We’ve had them in the villas, but were unsure how to use it, so we just cooked rice on the stovetop…

No, like what am I even supposed to do to get it started, use it, etc. We have never used one. We’ve had them in the villas, but were unsure how to use it, so we just cooked rice on the stovetop…
Usually it’s:

Dump in rice
Pour in water
Push button

Can I just say I'm the most excited about the rice cooker in the villa?!? 😂 :rotfl2:It is absolutely handy when you have leftover food but not enough rice! Not that you can't buy the microwavable rice but it's a lot cheaper to buy a small bag of rice at Target.
Walmart is cheaper than Target lol...and it's about 5 minutes apart.... More affordable and touristy stuff at Walmart if I may say. =)

I don't know the exact rice cooker they provide but it should be a very simple one button.
What @DonMacGregor said is pretty much it! I always put a little more water (usually 1:1 ratio) just in case. When it's done the button will pop back up like a toaster. Try it next time and you won't go back to cooking it on stove top!

I don't know the exact rice cooker they provide but it should be a very simple one button.
What @DonMacGregor said is pretty much it! I always put a little more water (usually 1:1 ratio) just in case. When it's done the button will pop back up like a toaster. Try it next time and you won't go back to cooking it on stove top!
I will. Not too many of those in Alabama :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter