Kite show 🙃

I don't think I can post the photos because of the source BUT ...

"Rough landings for kites and jet skis today at Disney KiteTails - the show was aborted as the JetSki flipped over - drivers all ok" .......... although photos appear that one was truly struggling in the water.

Thinking it's not really ready yet. Oh there appeared to be less than a dozen folks watching, probably a good thing.
Rolling a modern jet ski is fairly hard to do on accident if you have any experience riding it.

Rolling a modern jet ski is fairly hard to do on accident if you have any experience riding it.

Hmmm, so are we thinking these CMs maybe are not well trained on these? I just would have hoped at this point they would have the show down to a science. Is perhaps this lagoon just too small to handle the wakes that they are stirring up?

I added one of the photos.

Hmmm, so are we thinking these CMs maybe are not well trained on these? I just would have hoped at this point they would have the show down to a science. Is perhaps this lagoon just too small to handle the wakes that they are stirring up?

I added one of the photos.
They are probably pushing the weight limit. Plus the kite pulling on it and the wakes coming off the wall. But still, this seems like a "haven't really practiced this much."

There were several hundred people in the stands for yesterday’s 11 AM show. There were some Disney employees behind me, one a photographer with some large lenses, and they were talking about how it’s been a rough month of practice. I did notice the rough water when several of the jet skis were out at once.

I'm admittedly pretty cynical about Disney's newer offerings but I did actually feel some optimism about this show. I wasn't expecting anything spectacular, just a cute, fun diversion to spend 20 minutes on.

Epcot Forever did absolutely nothing for me (Illuminations all the way!) but I enjoyed the kites. Kites are fun! How do you screw up kites?

The big kites in this show just look like the characters died and now someone is flying them around the lake. Seriously. They look like floppy corpses. I just can't.
We are going next week. I had planned to skip this show but after you posted “they look like floppy corpses”, I must see it in person 😂

I'm admittedly pretty cynical about Disney's newer offerings but I did actually feel some optimism about this show. I wasn't expecting anything spectacular, just a cute, fun diversion to spend 20 minutes on.

Epcot Forever did absolutely nothing for me (Illuminations all the way!) but I enjoyed the kites. Kites are fun! How do you screw up kites?

The big kites in this show just look like the characters died and now someone is flying them around the lake. Seriously. They look like floppy corpses. I just can't.
Still laughing 😂

I'm pretty sure I can skip this, like ROL. I wonder why they keep doing such strange shows in this area?
I don’t understand it. World of color is awesome and it’s 10 years old. I was expecting ROL to be a more chill but equally impressive version. It was meh to me though I know some who liked it. Technologically it just didn’t look as good as WOC for whatever reason. Fix it and put something cool in that space.

We are going next week. I had planned to skip this show but after you posted “they look like floppy corpses”, I must see it in person 😂

We are BIG fans of going to see absolutely ridiculously bad shows - laughter is fantastic medicine, after all! Considering that when I asked my partner his favourite Disney parks show, he said the Tarzan one in Shanghai where we just kept giggling and asking "what the [insert chosen word here]??"...I think I may have a new favourite in the making!

I think something is very wrong. How do we go from bad to worse? It has to be someone making the decisions isn't the right fit for the company, right? So many bad things going on..... Disney isn't six flags. Disney can't go from a wonderful, emotional, magical, memory making machine, to six flags value. I think that is the problem with so many negative reviews. Disney is and was always different because of how it made you feel. That was Walt's entire philosophy!! Why abandon that now?! If that is continued to be left behind, the emotions, the Corp may be in trouble. If the goal is to charge more for less, getting parks with less people and working on only wanting first time visitors? Then they are winning!!!!

Maybe the business model has changed. That show should have never opened. Ever. It obviously isn't ready. I'm not sure practice will help. I was excited about it too. It sounded great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter