• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Know Before You Go Updated - May 17 - Testing rule changes

With OnPoint/HealthTrack does it matter if I enter my insurance information? I checked uninsured, since I’ve already paid for the test and don’t plan to use insurance. Is this a problem?
You did it correctly. I had to call them and ask a question about something else. The service rep was walking me through some of the steps and she said to check uninsured so it wouldn't ask for that info.

How far ahead do people schedule their appt with OnPoint? Are the appt times harder to get now that more people are using OnPoint?

How far ahead do people schedule their appt with OnPoint? Are the appt times harder to get now that more people are using OnPoint?
I scheduled yesterday for next Thursday. I just clicked on the scheduling calendar they sent and they are completely open even tomorrow.

I'm going this path too, using OnPoint and the Gov supplied tests...... was just able to get 9am slot for Thursday coming.

I was going to use Walgreens NAAT but given issues we and seemingly others have has with them..... plus seems recent change that for Travel you may need to pay $130 per test

I used eMed for my tests for my trip (starting today!). I was a little concerned because safe passage says that the results MUST include the test providers address and phone number and eMed's results did not have a phone number on them.

Didn't seem to be problem though and we all got out Clear To Sail without issue.

In case somebody else is worried about that particular issue.

OK, I haven't been able to get thru to On Point via chat or telephone, so maybe someone here can answer my questions. 1) Is there any way to see availability on a specific day before I book the video test? If there is, I don't see it. With no refunds, why would I book if I don't know if they have availability first? 2) I see that you can reschedule an appt without losing your fee, but I may be trying to do a test from on board a cruise ship. If the video stream isn't sufficient for some reason, will they allow me to re-book my appt?

Edit: Never mind - I actually JUST got thru and got my questions answered.

I have been trying to get through to OnPoint. I ordered four tests and when I scheduled, it would only let me schedule me one time, but I want to schedule two times. One is at midnight and I want to schedule the kids the next morning. Any idea on how to do that? I have been waiting on the chat/telephone all day.

Edit: finally got through and they sent me a link. I guess the magic is posting here.

Last edited:
I'm going this path too, using OnPoint and the Gov supplied tests...... was just able to get 9am slot for Thursday coming.

I was going to use Walgreens NAAT but given issues we and seemingly others have has with them..... plus seems recent change that for Travel you may need to pay $130 per test
It sounds like we are on the same cruise. I made my appointments at Walgreens for 11:30. Is 9 too early? How stringent are they with the 48 hours before? I would have made it earlier in the morning but that was outside 48 hours.

It sounds like we are on the same cruise. I made my appointments at Walgreens for 11:30. Is 9 too early? How stringent are they with the 48 hours before? I would have made it earlier in the morning but that was outside 48 hours.
As I understand it's not strict hourly, it any time 2 days before..... so if depart Saturday do test any time on the Thursday.

If on same cruise you will spot me as I'll have grayest hair..... 4th time booking this cruise so hoping we make this one!

How stringent are they with the 48 hours before? I would have made it earlier in the morning but that was outside 48 hours.
Not 48 hours, simply 2 calendar days. So if your cruise embarks on a Saturday, testing anytime on Thursday is acceptable, even in the wee hours of the morning.

As I understand it's not strict hourly, it any time 2 days before..... so if depart Saturday do test any time on the Thursday.

If on same cruise you will spot me as I'll have grayest hair..... 4th time booking this cruise so hoping we make this one!
OMG~~ Same here! Thanks! I am going to try to get earlier appointments. I may get approved faster!!! Aug 6 Fantasy?

OMG~~ Same here! Thanks! I am going to try to get earlier appointments. I may get approved faster!!! Aug 6 Fantasy?
I miss you all by a week - August 13 here on the Fantasy. I scheduled mine and my wife's for 12:15 AM on Thursday and the kids are at a normal 8:45.

I have been trying to get through to OnPoint. I ordered four tests and when I scheduled, it would only let me schedule me one time, but I want to schedule two times. One is at midnight and I want to schedule the kids the next morning. Any idea on how to do that? I have been waiting on the chat/telephone all day.

Edit: finally got through and they sent me a link. I guess the magic is posting here.
How did you end up getting through? I have the same problem - 2 tests, scheduled one and no way to schedule the other one. I tried the chat but that didn’t work

How did you end up getting through? I have the same problem - 2 tests, scheduled one and no way to schedule the other one. I tried the chat but that didn’t work
I wound up hanging on the line for about 45 minutes. The chat very slowly went down to 1 and then it held there for 2 hours. Never got that to work.

She wound up e-mailing me a link while we were on the phone.

In my case (with OnPoint) I ordered 2 tests, you can perform up to 4 tests at same time.

So I booked a time slot and then registered 2 patients on the link on the appt

Last edited:
One word of caution. If you test close to midnight 2 days before, basically the earliest you can test, verify that the time that the proctor puts on the paperwork is your local time or maybe even ET. Some people on our cruise had an issue with the OnPoint proctor using their time, CT, so it was listed as the day before. They got it fixed though.

One word of caution. If you test close to midnight 2 days before, basically the earliest you can test, verify that the time that the proctor puts on the paperwork is your local time or maybe even ET. Some people on our cruise had an issue with the OnPoint proctor using their time, CT, so it was listed as the day before. They got it fixed though.
Appreciate that.

Thought I would report back on my experience with OnPoint this morning.

Appt was at 9.15am for 2 People

Clicked on the link in appt email and waited about 2 minutes for Zoom call to start and agent join.

The agent requested both of our confirmation numbers and checked names and DoB

Agent then checked our tests (just used the free ones from government) and then proceeded to instruct and watch us taking tests.

She waited about 5minutes and then we had to show the results on the test and she confirmed Negatives.

Was a last check of Name, DoB and Email Addresses and that was it.

We got an email with 10mins from HealthTrackRX with a link to check results ---- NOTE: This is not what you load to Safe Passage

After about 90mis after test we got a email with a more detailed PDF and this is what we uploaded to Safe Passage.

Got email from Safe Passage confirming Received Documents

Now waiting now for Safe Passage to verify!

UPDATE: Safe to sail received at 11am on Friday

Last edited:
Thought I would report back on my experience with OnPoint this morning.

Appt was at 9.15am for 2 People

I clicking on the link in appt email and wanted about 2 minutes for Zoom call to start and agent join.

The agent requested both of our confirmation numbers and checked names and DoB

Agent then checked our tests (just used the free ones from government) and then proceeded to instruct and watch us taking tests.

She waited about 5minutes and then we had to show the results on the test and she confirmed Negatives.

Was a last check of Name, DoB and Email Addresses and that was it.

We got an email with 10mins from HealthTrackRX with a link to check results ---- NOTE: This is not what you load to Safe Passage

After about 90mis after test we got a email with a more detailed PDF and this is what we uploaded to Safe Passage.

Got email from Safe Passage confirming Received Documents

Now waiting now for Safe Passage to verify!
👍Good to know. Eases my mind! We are set to use them before our cruise out of Copenhagen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter