• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Know Before You Go Updated - May 17 - Testing rule changes

Do you think Disney is now making the passengers pay for their Covid Tests, not only as a cost saving measure, but to speed up the process of embarkation?
What about testing those cruise travelers who take the Disney Cruise Line bus to the port terminal before they get on the bus for their cruise? Surely a central testing site could be arranged at one of the hotels that these guests could go to 2 days before their pickup for the cruise. That would help with the back log at the terminal.

Are there phone options for kids?

"CAN I CREATE AN EMED USER ACCOUNT FOR A CHILD OR MINOR?​

No. The eMed digital health platform is meant to be used by individual adults who are 18 years of age or older, and every user is required to log in to eMed with a unique username/password combination that is their own.

"​

Are the emed tests available for small children (under 5s). This is all so confusing and I’m trying not to worry about it yet since it seems like it might change again anyway before our cruise in Sept— plus under 5 vaccines getting approved at some point.

EDIT- I saw above the note about 18+ for emed. Guess that answers that :/

No. The eMed digital health platform is meant to be used by individual adults who are 18 years of age or older, and every user is required to log in to eMed with a unique username/password combination that is their own.

"​

They just mean you can't setup an account for a minor. The test can test can be used for them:

1652818827440.png

"​

scroll down further:

HOW DO I HELP A CHILD.....

Initiate a testing session by visiting www.eMed.com and clicking the "Start Test" button on the home page, then follow the instructions provided onscreen. Note: you must login using your NAVICA™️ app credentials to begin testing with eMed.

To download the NAVICA™️ app to your smartphone or device, and for more information visit:https://www.globalpointofcare.abbott/en/product-details/binaxnow-covid-19-home-test-us.html.

Note: All minors age 15 and under must have a "Managed Account" in the NAVICA™ app.

To create a "Managed Account" in the NAVICA™ app, complete the following steps:

Are the emed tests available for small children (under 5s). This is all so confusing and I’m trying not to worry about it yet since it seems like it might change again anyway before our cruise in Sept— plus under 5 vaccines getting approved at some point.

It's actually 2+ for emed. The 18+ is referring to setting up an account. The adult uses their account for the minor.

Last edited:

Unvaccinated cannot use rapid antigen, so no.

What about testing those cruise travelers who take the Disney Cruise Line bus to the port terminal before they get on the bus for their cruise? Surely a central testing site could be arranged at one of the hotels that these guests could go to 2 days before their pickup for the cruise. That would help with the back log at the terminal.
Although I arrive in the country the night before so that wouldn't help me. If anything they've made it messier for DCL bus, they will have guests who were able to pre-test and want to travel down later and then those of us who couldn't who will need to test at the port who will want to get down earlier.

Is eMed.com the ONLY monitored self-test they'll accept? I didn't see that specified but maybe I missed it.

My response was to the person I quoted, who was specifically asking about BinaxNOW tests; the question wasn't about eMed.com. BinaxNOW has their own service for the monitored tests, as does iHealth, and possibly others. eMed.com is not the only service to proctor self-administered tests.
No, there are others, including a proctored at home test pr from Inspire (Safe Passage).
emed is authorized for Abbott BinaxNOW COVID-19 Ag Card Home Test.
emed is the one that partners with United Airlines, American Airlines, and Delta Airlines, so that is the one people are most familiar with. And for people like me who play it safe, we use the one that we know works with our airline since we are using it for US re-entry. Although we may also use it for our pre-cruise 2 day test so that we are familiar with it. Plus only $25/test.

Last edited:
Only rapid antigen needs to be proctored. The other types do not.
If you have the free antigen COVID-19 tests ordered from the government and your physician will proctor via telehealth/video call, does that count? Of course the physician would provide appropriate paper work.

If you have the free antigen COVID-19 tests ordered from the government and your physician will proctor via telehealth/video call, does that count? Of course the physician would provide appropriate paper work.
Interesting that a physician would be willing to do that. It might be a question for Safe Passage. You can get a proctored test for about $25 each and your physician might charge more than that.

Interesting that a physician would be willing to do that. It might be a question for Safe Passage. You can get a proctored test for about $25 each and your physician might charge more than that.
Is there an email address for Safe Passage?

I just bought 6 of the Inspire Diagnostics - the company Disney is partnering with pm tests for around $250.

We sail on the 30th and arrive on the 28th. We got appts for the telehealth test on the 28th and 29th. We’ll get the email results within 30 minutes, and upload them via Safe Passage to DCL.

I went with them bcs Disney is partnering with them, and I figured any issues won’t be as bad bcs Disney is working with them. It seems like it’ll be OK.

I will say - I scheduled the tests right away bcs I’m afraid there won’t be many available telehealth appts the closer it gets. There must be 3000-4000 of us sailing out on Saturday.

I’m familiar only with NYS testing availability (decent right now) and cost (free). What is the situation in Seattle (will be flying to there 3 days prior to cruise from Vancouver)? Are appts easy to be had in cvs, Walgreens, etc.?

Like others I'm seeing, we'll be at the parks 3 days before the cruise. I'm glad to be tested but wish it was more convenient in this scenario. Does anyone know how the Abbott proctored tests work? Can you make an appointment in advance to have the test supervised online? If so, maybe that's a convenient option that would be less expensive than testing at the port?
If it’s like I tested in December, you don’t need an appointment. You log into the app and it gets you the next available proctor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter