KONG closing for good (no really!)

Chris, this is incorrect information.

Kong is closing in order to prepare for the HHN maze which will occupy the floor of the building.

Kong will remain closed following HHN until further notice. However, the closure is strictly temporary, and Kong will most likely be reopened by Christmas week (or perhaps as early as Thanksgiving weekend depended on how quickly the theme park economy bounces back).

However, the e-mail strictly stated the closure was only temporary and is NOT in preparation for any new attractions.

Well, I'm glad I rode it when I did. Cheesy, corny and actually very humorous.

Originally posted by CoasterFEV
Chris, this is incorrect information.

Why are so many people in denile over such a crappy ride? I mean really - it consistently rates lowest out of all attractions in that park on exit surveys.... It's not a good ride. It shouldn't be a surprise that after 11 years, they chose to change it.

And believe what you want - but considering some of us know for fact what the new attraction is, and have for some time, it's not very accurate for YOU to say that the given information is incorrect ...

Kong may not be the best ride, but I think it is a Universal classic (sort of like USF's Small World) and if nothing else it should be kept around for that reason. Whenever I ride Kong it always reminds me of the early days (1990) of USF.

I hope they keep it around, but if they do decide to rehab the ride or remake it into something else I hope they don't let Landmark mess with it.

btw: Thanks for the info CoasterFEV...information from you (and Earl!) is far more accurate than that from those who just claim to have real info.

Originally posted by johare

btw: Thanks for the info CoasterFEV...information from you (and Earl!) is far more accurate than that from those who just claim to have real info.

I don't want this to turn into a bickering argument like every other post. If i am wrong, you can rub it in my face, and I will make a fool out of myself. But just wait and see, i guess. I'm confident that I am right.

The truth is that nobody knows whats really going to happen unless YOU make the decisions.

So on to bigger and better things...

The truth is that nobody knows whats really going to happen unless YOU make the decisions.
Very true. btw Chris, my comment wasn't really directed at you...sorry it sounded that way.

I believe it is already closed, but if not it will close by the 30th (based on CoasterFEV's info). Another thing, if King Kong is on the chopping block, i hope Universal will replace it with something along the lines of spiderman or turn it into a fast thrill ride of some sort. Because I am getting sick and tired of the mediocre rides and attractions. If I want that, I will go to Disney.;)

Well i persnoly havnt been on kong yet...........im going this november. But im pretty sure they wouldnt take out the king kong ride i think its just to big of a moive icon. They could remove it and replace it with a even better one? but that probly wont happen so i assume it will open up soon so dont worry = )

The fact is that Kong will close for HHN on Sep 30, reopen in Dec as stated by CoasterfEV.

Originally posted by IOATech
The fact is that Kong will close for HHN on Sep 30, reopen in Dec as stated by CoasterfEV.

The word "fact" needs to be followed by a true statement in order to be accurate.

Kiss the monkey good-bye my friend.

How about this:

FACT: Darkennon doesn't know what he's talking about.

FACT: Earl, CoasterFEV and IOATech consistently provide accurate information here and have made a heck of a lot more than 10 whole posts.

FACT: If Landmark ever rehabs Kong we'll all be wishing it was closed for good.

Originally posted by johare
How about this:

FACT: Darkennon doesn't know what he's talking about.

Could be worse. I could be 38 and spend every waking minute monitoring a chat board on the internet.

FACT: Earl, CoasterFEV and IOATech consistently provide accurate information here and have made a heck of a lot more than 10 whole posts.
So - If I spent my entire life on this board, I'd have more credibility? I look at it like this - I'm 20, and have a good job, and a life. You're 38 - You have the internet - anything else?

FACT: If Landmark ever rehabs Kong we'll all be wishing it was closed for good.

Ok - Go ahead and name any 10 Landmark attractions.

I must step in and remind people to be civil on these boards. If you are not familiar with the board guidelines, please read them.

Those who continue with inflammatory comments may be unwelcome to post in the future.

Thank you.

Well this is fun. Now your disclosure of your age spells it all out. Not quite 38 yet but Certainly have a life. You are just here to pick a fight. I don't remember insulting YOU, though. Thanks.

Could be worse. I could be 38 and spend every waking minute monitoring a chat board on the internet.
I only spend a 10-15 minutes a day looking at these forums.

So - If I spent my entire life on this board, I'd have more credibility? I look at it like this - I'm 20, and have a good job, and a life. You're 38 - You have the internet - anything else?
Sure...great job, nice house, wife, 2 children.

Ok - Go ahead and name any 10 Landmark attractions.
Landmark used to come up with really great attractions. Only recently have they gotten into the business of ruining them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter