Kudos to Pete

Annette_VA

DIS Veteran
I was listening to today's podcast for a second time just now and I realized...

Pete, I really respect that you gave away both cruises. When you realized that there was a 2nd cruise in the envelopes, you totally could've stopped recording, fixed it and edited it all out. But, nope, you kept it in and gave them both away. I think that's really cool of you!

___

And, I just want to know who else was listening, yelling at their iPods, going "50 rooms!! Tracy's thread says 50 rooms!!" when Pete said he wasn't sure how many rooms were booked :laughing:

I was thinking the same thing as I was listening. It was really great of you!

--Daneen

I was listening to today's podcast for a second time just now and I realized...

OK, I need to get a life, but you're scaring me!! :rotfl: It's only lunchtime on Tuesday!!!! :rotfl2:

Pete, I really respect that you gave away both cruises. When you realized that there was a 2nd cruise in the envelopes, you totally could've stopped recording, fixed it and edited it all out. But, nope, you kept it in and gave them both away. I think that's really cool of you!

Like John notifying/reminding Lifetime Sponsors on the cruise thread to ask for their additional shipboard credit. Integrity.
___

And, I just want to know who else was listening, yelling at their iPods, going "50 rooms!! Tracy's thread says 50 rooms!!" when Pete said he wasn't sure how many rooms were booked :laughing:

Guilty as charged. :rolleyes1 You could hear that?!?

Yup, add me the the guilty list. Pouring a cup of coffee and yelling at Pete thru the iPod thinking he would magically say 50 at 5:45AM this morning.

Y'know, I didn't even think of the "50 rooms", since there's many more that aren't on the list. My DH's cousin and wife are coming, but since they don't even have a COMPUTER, never mind knowing what a podcast is, I didn't think putting them on the list was sensible...but they'll be there as part of the podcast meet...they'll just be utterly oblivious and confused as to what the heck we're talking about. Anyway, I wonder if there's a significant number of rooms booked that aren't on the list, and always listen to Pete's number as possibly the more accurate one.

I totally agree, you did the right thing and we listeners will remember that. You get an extra piece of chocolate....:goodvibes

OK, I need to get a life, but you're scaring me!! :rotfl: It's only lunchtime on Tuesday!!!! :rotfl2:

Well, in my defense, the first listening was with my 4 year old DS singing songs from The Lion King in the background (I pity the people that sit near us at the show in DC), so I had to listen again to hear what I'd missed.

Guilty as charged. :rolleyes1 You could hear that?!?

Well, you were kinda loud! ;)

Y'know, I didn't even think of the "50 rooms", since there's many more that aren't on the list. My DH's cousin and wife are coming, but since they don't even have a COMPUTER, never mind knowing what a podcast is, I didn't think putting them on the list was sensible...but they'll be there as part of the podcast meet...they'll just be utterly oblivious and confused as to what the heck we're talking about. Anyway, I wonder if there's a significant number of rooms booked that aren't on the list, and always listen to Pete's number as possibly the more accurate one.

Yeah, when he didn't come up with a room count, I was listening closely to see what number of people he came up with. I was really surprised that we've hit 200 (well, 206 ;) ) already! :woohoo: Still 14 months to go. C'mon people, let's take over this ship!!

Hey Gang

We actually have more than 50 staterooms booked on the podcast cruise. Not everyone is on that list.

Part of the problem is we have to decide what 'counts' towards that 100 stateroom mark I mentioned. We have several staterooms booked for the pocast crew, prize winners and others that DU is paying for so technically those shouldn't count. Pluse we have quite a few DU agents booked as well and technically they shouldn't count towards that 100 mark either.

Hmmmm - how to be fair?

The good news is that even with stripping out all those I mentioned above we are well above 50 staterooms.

If I were all of you would be talking friends, family members and as many other DISers as will listen to book this cruise so that we can hit that 100 stateroom mark and I can give Pete 3 more staterooms to give away :rolleyes1

John

I was wondering what number he would use :lmao: I was also wondering what John would count as the 100 :lmao:

I have to tell you, Pete was a little red in the face over the...ooops an extra cruise in the envelope issue! There wasn't any talk at all about not giving it away, it was won fair and square. What amazed me what were the chances of THOSE two envelopes being picked?

I have to tell you, Pete was a little red in the face over the...ooops an extra cruise in the envelope issue! There wasn't any talk at all about not giving it away, it was won fair and square. What amazed me what were the chances of THOSE two envelopes being picked?

Being a technical guy, I'm sure you're probably a numbers guy as well, but I can't help but point out the chances of two envelopes (out of 30) being picked in two selections are 1 in 435 :)

Pretty remarkable. Unless Pete actually stacked the deck the bit in the hopes of being able to give away the cruise sooner rather than later, never imagining that more than one would come out in the same show. ;)

If I were all of you would be talking friends, family members and as many other DISers as will listen to book this cruise so that we can hit that 100 stateroom mark and I can give Pete 3 more staterooms to give away :rolleyes1

John

Awesome :worship:

We have to start talking up the cruise on other boards. The Community Board, the Cruise board of course. Where else? We need more people.

Kim

Being a technical guy, I'm sure you're probably a numbers guy as well, but I can't help but point out the chances of two envelopes (out of 30) being picked in two selections are 1 in 435 :)

Pretty remarkable. Unless Pete actually stacked the deck the bit in the hopes of being able to give away the cruise sooner rather than later, never imagining that more than one would come out in the same show. ;)

I hadn't actually calculated it but I knew it was up there! That's what blew my mind, there was no deck stacking at all, Julie read the number and Pete pulled the envelope from the stack, it was nuts

I hadn't actually calculated it but I knew it was up there! That's what blew my mind, there was no deck stacking at all, Julie read the number and Pete pulled the envelope from the stack, it was nuts

I'm still amazed they let you in the room. Did you say hi to Will for me?

For us paying for one cruise is something else. I can't quite wrap my mind around giving two cruises away. I haven't finished listened to the podcast, but count me as one of those really impressed by the integrity of giving those away. It says a lot about these folks, and a lot about the company. It would have been so easy to stop the tape and redo things, but they didn't.

Wow!

Hey Gang

We actually have more than 50 staterooms booked on the podcast cruise. Not everyone is on that list.

Part of the problem is we have to decide what 'counts' towards that 100 stateroom mark I mentioned. We have several staterooms booked for the pocast crew, prize winners and others that DU is paying for so technically those shouldn't count. Pluse we have quite a few DU agents booked as well and technically they shouldn't count towards that 100 mark either.

Hmmmm - how to be fair?

The good news is that even with stripping out all those I mentioned above we are well above 50 staterooms.

John

Love ya, JohnE... ;) YouE defineE Integrit-E.

OriginalE referenceE forE thisE callbackE belowE:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1743703&page=4

OK, for those thinking I'm nitpicking speling adn gramer, read the thread linked. It's FUNNY!!! I'm jus' tryin' ta 'keep it rapid'.....PEACE!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter