LA to Vancouver - with two small children yes we are crazy.

Zeebs

DIS Veteran
Hello all.

We are planning a trip driving from LA to Vancouver early June. There will be my husband and I and our two boys, 3 and 18 months.

We have worked out the following and if anyone has any suggestions, must sees, must eats etc we would really appreciate it.

LA to Morro Bay or surrounding area 1 night - No accommodation booked

Morro Bay to Big Sur 2 Nights, Big Sur Campground Cabin booked.

Big Sur to San Fransisco 3 nights - No accommodation booked.

San Fransisco to Lake Tahoe (south) 2 nights - Paradice Inn booked.

Lake Tahoe to Lake Shasta 1 night, no accommodation booked.

After this it gets a little tricky, we haven't decided where to stop on our way up the I5 through to Portland, so any suggestions would be great.

We then thought a couple of nights in Portland then Seattle before arriving for 4 nights in Vancouver.

ideally we didn't want to do more than about 3-4 hours driving with the kids but if need be we could push it harder but we didn't want to do that very often.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kirsten

Hi there! Would love to help you but cannot since I haven't done your route before. When we drove, we stuck with the I-5 all the way to San Diego and then back. Another time we drove, we took the pacific coast hwy.

Because we have older kids, we are able to go for 10-12 hr drives with short bathroom/food breaks along the way (pit stops are usually at Target stores).

With the I-5 route, we typically stop in at Redding and stay at the Hampton Inn there (comfy beds from what I remember).

However, if you have any questions about Vancouver, I can answer them for you. Good luck with your trip planning!

Hi there! Would love to help you but cannot since I haven't done your route before. When we drove, we stuck with the I-5 all the way to San Diego and then back. Another time we drove, we took the pacific coast hwy.

Because we have older kids, we are able to go for 10-12 hr drives with short bathroom/food breaks along the way (pit stops are usually at Target stores).

With the I-5 route, we typically stop in at Redding and stay at the Hampton Inn there (comfy beds from what I remember).

However, if you have any questions about Vancouver, I can answer them for you. Good luck with your trip planning!

Thank you very much for commenting, I will put the Hampton Inn on my list if we happen to stop in Redding instead of Lake Shasta it might be easier to find accommodation in Redding and it isn't that far from the Lake for a visit. Any points of interest along the I5 that we shouldn't miss.

Kirsten

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter