Ladies - what is on your Christmas list

My husband and I are cutting down on gifts between the two of us this year so we can update our powder room and get new living room furniture. But I know he got me the Disneyland 65th anniversary spirit jersey.

New phone (not the latest but an upgrade to my 6S plus)
LL Bean boots and mittens
Sea Bag tote
I will end up getting all that because I do my own shopping for dh :laughing:
He'll ask for other ideas so
Burt's Bees
Phone case
Apple watch band
Cabin socks

Thinking I might like a new Dept 56 something, wondering about an Air Fryer and already asked my artist DD to paint me up one of those "2020 Stink Stank Stunk" ornaments.... OHHH and I really want a peelable Baby Yoda Decal for my laptop so if I don't find one I like I'll get it custom from my resident artist LOL

Yeti Mug
Workout mats
Riding pants ( I have a horse and mine are getting old)
Weekender bag

Together we'd like a disc golf basket for our back yard as we've both picked up disc golf recreationally and really enjoy it

I was thinking of getting an air fryer from kohl's this friday as a christmas gift to myself because it's going to be on a good deal, I just hope it's something we'll use often!
I got an air fryer for my birthday back in the spring, and we LOVE IT. Seriously, it's a rare day that it doesn't get used.
My husband and I are cutting down on gifts between the two of us this year so we can update our powder room and get new living room furniture. But I know he got me the Disneyland 65th anniversary spirit jersey.
We're cutting back too. Several things have happened lately, and it just makes sense:
- This year I got serious about decluttering my closet, and I gave away about 70% of my clothes. I LOVE my closet now. I only have things that I genuinely like /wear regularly (and a few special occasion dresses). I have enough, and I don't really want more. We're about to retire, so I'm really not motivated to buy more work-clothes.
- Having had such success in my closet, I'd like to see the same results in other areas of my house /my life.
- My parents have moved into a 1-bedroom place, and they are thrilled with downsizing. We're not ready to go quite that far, but we like their example.
- We genuinely don't need stuff-stuff-stuff, and we have realized that we've kinda been buying-for-the-sake-of-buying at Christmas the last few years.

We're talking about doing just stockings for each other ... plus each of us planning a weekend get-away /unveiling it on Christmas as a "gift".
Cabin socks
Do you have a Dick's Sporting Goods nearby? For the last couple years they've offered these (expensive) socks buy-one-get-one-free in December, and often you can find a $10 off coupon ... makes these (again, expensive) socks something like two pair for $5.

Of course, I'm not sure 2020 will bring the sales we're used to seeing. Stores are hurting this year.

Last edited:
Nothing too challenging for my husband...anyplace to use my passport will be fine.

Though, I say this from inside my hospital room from a fun asthma meets seizure incident, so I suspect he'll stick with a safer option...sherpa lined sweat pants and a lego set.

Do you have a Dick's Sporting Goods nearby? For the last couple years they've offered these (expensive) socks buy-one-get-one-free in December, and often you can find a $10 off coupon ... makes these (again, expensive) socks something like two pair for $5.
Of course, I'm not sure 2020 will bring the sales we're used to seeing. Stores are hurting this year.

Yes, I ask for them every year and that is where I tell dh to find them.
I hope they do the B1G1 this year!

I have a Ninja Foodi Air Fryer oven that I got last year and use a ton but not only for the air fry feature. I also just got the grill which is also an air fryer but haven't tried the air fryer function on it yet. I did make air fryer chicken parm last week and it was really good.
We have the Ninja Foodi Grill and love it.

I've been thinking about getting one of these the NInja Foodi Grills, but I just can't decide for sure. I already have a Cuisnart grill/griddle and a 6 qt air fryer (basket style). I think I would be able to replace both of those with the foodi grill. I think it would have to sit out all of the time since it's so big (my air fryer has a permanent place on the counter now). I mainly use the cusinart grill for hamburgers and I'm sure the foodi would do just as good on those...

Decisions, decisions!

Keep in mind the adults aren’t doing presents this year.

I’m getting a baby yoda coffee mug and a bag of cookies from my kiddo this year 😁

We don't do gift exchange for the adults, only did gifts when the kids where little. Instead we put our money into our vacation fund. We have been able to take 2 week long vacations every year because of the money that we save from not buying gifts and other things like Starbucks. My daughter and I are planning on spending 3 weeks in Hawaii this coming summer(if things go well) that was made possible saving every little penny.

For anyone thinking about getting an air fryer, check to see if you oven has convection setting. Many ovens from the past decade have this. "Air frying"(and I hate this term) is just a convection oven that they renamed to fool people into buying a new product. It's great if you don't have it on your oven, but otherwise, just use convection on your oven.

My Mom usually gets our splurge gifts for us. This year I requested Weathertech Floor Mats for our new van, a new door lock that can use a code instead of a key, and a phone sanitizer. Mom is the world's worst gift buyer, so if you don't send her a very specific list, no telling what you will get. She also prefers things that are for the "household" so she doesn't have to worry about separate gifts for me and DH.
I've been struggling / trying to figure out what to get for my 25 year old son and love the idea of the Weathertech floor mats for his car. I'm so glad you posted. I would have never thought of that.

Yes, I ask for them every year and that is where I tell dh to find them.
My husband always asks me for a Christmas list (he's wonderful, but a little clueless in this area), and I also suggest places he might search.
My daughter and I are planning on spending 3 weeks in Hawaii this coming summer(if things go well) that was made possible saving every little penny.
Wow, if skipping presents gets you 3 weeks in Hawaii, you must've been doing some BIG Christmases in the past!
For anyone thinking about getting an air fryer, check to see if you oven has convection setting. Many ovens from the past decade have this. "Air frying"(and I hate this term) is just a convection oven that they renamed to fool people into buying a new product. It's great if you don't have it on your oven, but otherwise, just use convection on your oven.
True, but -- no -- my oven doesn't have a convection setting. If I were replacing my oven, I'd go for a model with convection and two ovens (one being the little shorty top oven).
I've been struggling / trying to figure out what to get for my 25 year old son and love the idea of the Weathertech floor mats for his car. I'm so glad you posted. I would have never thought of that.
I don't have the WeatherTech brand mats, but I have something similar, and I LOVE THEM. I think I like the one in the trunk best. Very first week I had my new car, I was bringing a crock pot full of Chicken-and-Dumplings to work, slammed on the brakes and ... well, you can imagine the mess in my trunk. SO EASY to lift it out and squirt it off with the hose.

Something slightly related: I'm getting each of my kids a trunk organizer -- lots of them on Amazon.

I have a niece who works at CPS in Myrtle Beach area and this year they are have a program with Amazon where you can purchase items on the wish list. Since my husband struggles with shopping I told him I want to buy gifts on the list as our gifts to each other. This way we can avoid the stores, help my niece and mostly help the kids. We are both in our 60’s and usually buy whatever we want during the year.

Ahhh, but the reason I love the airfryer is because I don't have to preheat my big oven and keep it running. For just a little counter space, I can save on the gas and electric for running the stove, not preheat for 20 minutes, and just eat my danged french fries.

I'm a simple person. Sometimes you just want to toss some freezer foods for one in the basket, and it's TOTALLY worth it for that, IMO!

I would like sleep!

Actually, this is our 4th year at Disney for Christmas and it has been the best gift we could give each other. We already have too much stuff!

Also, yes on the air fryer! Love mine!!

Ahhh, but the reason I love the airfryer is because I don't have to preheat my big oven and keep it running. For just a little counter space, I can save on the gas and electric for running the stove, not preheat for 20 minutes, and just eat my danged french fries.

I'm a simple person. Sometimes you just want to toss some freezer foods for one in the basket, and it's TOTALLY worth it for that, IMO!

I totally understand that. I am a clutter free person and do not like to have things on my counter top and so do not buy all of the the new "must haves". Our toaster gets used and put back down in the cabinets. But my main point was that many people do not realize that an air fryer is just a convection oven. Most people that I have talked to about it had no clue how the thing worked and that they just renamed convection to air fry to try to sell another product. I have even seen commercials for ovens saying their ovens have "air fryer". Makes me shake my head how we have to dumb down things because people can't be bothered to learn what words are. "Convection" sounds fancy, "air fryer" does not.

You'd think someone was holding a gun to my head when it comes to putting things on my Amazon wish list. I'm just not into having 'things' but people always want to know what I want, and many only utilize Amazon. I try to jazz up my shoe collection through my wish list. I also threw some beauty products on there that I wouldn't necessarily buy for myself. I really just want to travel! That's my true love in life. There is a Disney spinner that I want but Amazon doesn't carry it. Thanks for mentioning trunk organizers upthread; I just ordered one for DS18.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter